• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favourite made-up words

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mixing up adjectives such as splendid and fantastic to create splendifferous, wondifferous, and fantaburifferous. My friends appear to have adopted this custom from me.

Also, posterating. Which may or may not mean the same thing as posture (as a verb) does but it just /sounds/ like it should go in the contexts I use it in ("so i was posterating about for a little while and then i decided to leave"). It's a Perfectly Cromulent Word okay.

Adding -ness as a suffix to every adjective and some nouns to turn them into better adjectives, eg., awesomeness (which I don't believe is a word, but should be).

Also, randomnosity.

Edumacation (Edge-you-mah-cay-shion)- Another word for education

Tortellas (tor-tell-ahs)- Another word for tortillas

Prettyful- To be full of pretty

Awesomeful- To be full of awesome

One of my recent favourites has been suckrat, which I got from an awesome LPer on Youtube. Other than that, I have a plentiful amount of made up words since I pretty much have a rate of making up at least 5 per day:

Beautarvalous - It's sort of like the sarcastic way of saying that something is OVER THE TOP GORGEOUS

Fabulize - This makes me giggle so much because it sounds like something an extremely stereotypical gay man would say about somebody needing a make over. "OH MY GOD LET'S FABULIZE!"

Cark - It means... to do naughty things. Comes from a full phrase that is "carking for soup" which also means that.

Flaxfleve - Another recent one, it's used to describe this thing I often do where I make up stories and crazy stuff out of nowhere.

Crexulax - Actually, I have no idea what it means. It sounds like the name of an alien from Doctor Who or something though.

I have plenty more, but, there's far too many for me to remember. Note though that my own name is an example of a made up word, it originally meant "red." (The Arylett part, not Dawnsborough.)

Shitton
Asston
Fuckton
Shitload
Assload
Fuckload
and the Metric versions of each

Sometimes I say to my friends stuff like "There were a metric fuckton of problems then." and they're like "... what'd you just say?" and I'm like "... There were a lot of problems."

I'm not sure if stuff like "cloudwing" counts. I sometimes call Swablu and Altaria that, and I've made up a Mario enemy named Kloudwing Koopeleon (combination of a Koopeleon, everyone who is Para and those cloud guys).

I prefer to make up weird names. They are usually quite long (sometimes even 7 syllables) and sound sort of dark.

Technically they're not made up, as both Lewis Carroll and C.S. Lewis use them, but I like 'gallumphing' and 'dufflepud'. Also, when I feel like cursing in front of children, I usually say "Fudgenucker!"

I vividly remember a chat session I had where we made up words that rhyme with boobies. My favorites included Gloobies, Poobies, and Loobies.

I make up words with my sister sometimes..

"Doof" means to put away leftovers.
"Heeb" is....an exclamation, I guess. It's also the name of our blue Squirmle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom