• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favourite Stand-Up Comedians?

In no particular order: Andy Parsons, Ed Byrne, Russell Howard, Dara O'Brian, Stephen K Amos, Michael McIntyre, Frankie Boyle, Phil Jupitus, David Mitchell, Jason Manford, Hugh Dennis and Simon Amstell.

I watch too much Mock The Week.

I don't know any stand-up comedians. At all.

Except... I turned on Dave (UK, Freeview channel) on and Live at the Apollo was on, and there was somebody called... Michael McIntyre I think. He was HILARIOUS. XDD I have never laughed so much at TV, I'm serious.

Basically, I find pretty much anyone on QI, 8 out of 10 Cats, Never Mind the Buzzcocks, Mock the Week or Whose Line is it, Anyway? very, very funny.
And anyone who performs at the Comedy Store in London (which includes most of the UK WLiiA cast). Lovelovelove the Comedy Store <3

!! How can you say that?! Dane Cook is the best.
Dane Cook has about three nonsensical jokes per act that he stretches out to fill an hour by padding them with inane detail nobody cares about that isn't really funny

he's good if you've never seen any other standup, don't have a sense of humor, and appreciate monkeycheese

Not terribly familiar with many stand-up comics, but George Carlin was amazing.

Just when I was convinced he was gonna live forever, he dies. D:

I don't watch many, but just about everyone who's appeared on Mock the Week is brilliant (Hugh Dennis, Frankie Boyle, Russell Howard and Andy Parsons especially.) Lee Evans is also hilarious. I have a boxset of all his DVDs so far ^^

Anyway, quotes, quotes...

FRANKIE BOYLE: "The most Scottish thing I ever saw was when I was driving along through this town, about 11 o'clock at night, and I saw a bloke pissing up against a front door. He then took out his keys and went inside."

ANDY PARSONS: "I hear they're planning to send a rocket to Mars by building a stopping-off station on the Moon. Now, the moon is a few hundred thousand miles away; Mars is a few hundred million miles away. Now, attempting to travel to Mars by building a stopping-off station on the Moon is like going to New Zealand by building a stopping-off station at the bottom of your garden."

And I'm too lazy to remember any more.

Back
Top Bottom