• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fears

Actually dying in general, really. Also getting old. If I weren't so afraid of death I'd probably commit suicide at 40 ;_; okay maybe not really but old people suck and I really don't want to be one. Someone please go invent something that stops the aging process.

Oh, and I'm afraid I'll never ever ever be able to finish any stories I write ever, especially not with any level of competency. It's really just an issue with self-confidence/laziness/too many ideas at once BUT I CAN'T MAKE IT GO AWAY D:
Agreed. I never want to get old. Old people... seem mostly bitter and all that, so I never want to be one.

And also about writing stories. Gah, I'm so lazy, I've been planning writing this story for almost four years and it STILL ISN'T WRITTEN. In fact, it's had so many rewrites and plot changes that I'm back to square one. Grah.

I'm afraid of spiders because they're so.....scary looking! And someone breaking into my house and like......ya know. And pain. Not exactly death, but if it involves major amounts of pain, then yes. *shiver*

Death, stalkers, guns, failing something I've tried really hard to do, fire, seeing a lot of blood. Rejection, the dark (not the dark so much as the thought that there could be some freaky shit in there), mentally unstable people, getting a tooth knocked out or an eye poked out, solitude, getting my achilles tendon slashed. Oh, and getting attacked by vicious animals that will rip out my intestines as I scream. And rodents.

I'm willing to bet more than half of the above are completely irrational.

And by the way, what's with the fear of insects here? Seriously, that's what shoes are for. I dunno how some people can act all tough but have their shit wrecked by a bug. Sometimes I'm lazy and just crush it with my hand, then wash my hands with soap (although that's if it's small).

I'm going to stop reading the previous pages now because I keep remembering things that I'm afraid of.

Oh, tons:

~Things getting thrown at me. I don't freaking care if it's flowers, it freaks me out.
~Heights. Rational seeing as I nearly fell off the effing ferris wheel at the top when I was three.
~Showers. They're all dark and scary and you never know when someone is on the other side of the curtain.
~Knives. Even if I'm using them to cut up my steak, someone could come up and grab them and then stab me and stuffs.
~Shots. I mean, can't you just ingest the medication orally or something?
~Zombies. Rotting corpses coming back to life and stalking you? *kicks whoever came up with that idea*
~Tight strings. Like guitar strings and bunji cords and stuff. If they snap they freaking hurt and if you're bunji jumping and it snaps then you're dead. DD:
~Puberty. It just freaks me out how you start growing extra lumps and get new thoughts and possibilities and you grow pimples and have to pop them and then you start bleeding out of your place and just ugh.

Probably more later :(

I have a fear of:
~A painful death, getting murdered, or knowing that I'm about to die.
~Shots, like many other people
~Having no friends.

Oh, more to add to my list:

-Groups of people walking around, especially when they look like gangsters.
-Getting a virus on my laptop
-failing school
-that I might hurt someone in a relationship (why does this always happen?)
-that I'll say something stupid in front of people

ect.

My fears...
Well, let's just go with a list format. And it may get long. >>;

-Water. Water water water. There's a long story behind that and it's pretty stupid.

-Mirrors. Okay during the day, but after it gets dark, I hate passing mirrors in dark rooms.

-Heights. Ho-hum.

-Centipedes. Oh, Satan. Oh SATAN. Those things are horrible. I'd rather be covered in spiders than covered in centipedes, and spiders scare the shit out of me.

-For that matter, spiders.

-Long hallways. This is actually one of the more explainable ones, and in that, I can sum it up with two words: The Shining. Any time I stay in a motel (they're close enough to count), it's my instant reaction to duck into the room IMMEDIATELY because I can't stand the halls. >: (Also, if I see any little girls in said hallways, whether they're in pairs or not, it's way too much of a trigger and I RUN THE OTHER WAY WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT. This has happened.)

-Something happening to my eyes (eye trauma flips me out so badly). In the same kind of vein, going blind.

-Clowns. Urgh. Urrrrgh. Just, no. >:

... I'll post more if I come up with anything else.
But not now.

Another fear - Someone (my mom) coming into my room and using my computer, then finding out all the stuff I've posted here and what I actually do all day on this computer. I'm so paranoid that I barely let her in my room. Even though she doesn't know how to use a computer, I'm still afraid that she's watching me on these forums and I'm totally oblivious. (Watching me as in standing behind me and catching a peek of this place.)

And this relates to a fear of being watched in general. I don't like people watching me do things, it makes me very nervous and mess up.

Okay derail here for a second but bear with me.
Why do you use italicized words to pretend there's two people posting. I mean I've seen you do it multiple times and I don't get it.

Well, if normal people won't listen to me, I've gotta have SOMEBODY.

Alxprit, why are you afraid of Darkrai?

It looks creepy,
Ended up being the baddest guy in this game,
and it can do something almost identical to death, if it isn't cured.

Someone (my mom) coming into my room and using my computer, then finding out all the stuff I've posted here and what I actually do all day on this computer. I'm so paranoid that I barely let her in my room. Even though she doesn't know how to use a computer, I'm still afraid that she's watching me on these forums and I'm totally oblivious. (Watching me as in standing behind me and catching a peek of this place.)

DD: You read my miiiiiiiiiiiiiiind get out of my head.

1. The Ocean(Only a little, Im more afraid of the creatures under the water than anything)
2. Heights
3. The thought of cloth touching my teeth. Yeah, pretty wierd, but I'm afraid of that strange feeling.

Spiders, insects, and bridges. Also, people who walk in when you're watching a movie and ask what happened so far and expect you to take 5 minutes just to give them a plot synopsis.

Funny, I know.

The more rational ones are...
- Death in general
- Losing a sense (especially hearing, but also sight)
- Sort of... hiding from the world? Like, shutting myself off from it to keep from getting hurt...?

Irrational fears include:
- Being wrong (to the point where I have trouble answering even multiple choice questions on quizzes even when I know the answer, and sometimes pretend I don't know things so I don't have to say it and risk somehow being wrong)
- Social situations
- Dead bugs (>_<)

In the words of Hawking - I'm not afraid of death, but I'm in no rush to die.

Getting old is something I don't particularly look forward to. I'd have to be some political psycho to have fun though, so I suppose it wouldn't be too bad.

Permanent injury that actually affects my life, like being unable to walk right (even just limping from a minor but painful injury = notfun), not being able to use my arms properly, or being unable to see. Unable to hear/speak would suck even though I don't listen/talk to others much. I'd hate to be stuck to a machine or on medication for any long period of time, or needing surgery.

Uh... poison and disease are fascinating but I don't want them anywhere near me, and fire's nice to look at but I like to keep my distance. Erm, don't want to die in the middle of doing something I actually want to get done, don't like being in debt, don't want people looking at what I'm doing (especially online), and I hate public speaking or talking out loud to anyone I don't know well. Hmm... torture and/or a painful death, I suppose, but I also hate the thought that of surviving something like that and it'll affect me for the rest of my life.

I could care less about insects/bugs but I don't like knowing they're there when I'm sleeping, and don't want them touching me. For that matter, I dislike touch or anyone else being in my room when I'm asleep.

I switch between absolutely repulsed by something dirty and too lazy to care about it.

I don't like looking at eyes, either, mainly the real kind and/or pictures of eyes that show at least the majority of the face. Manga-style eyes are okay but looking at real people straight in the eye for over five seconds is practically impossible.

Hmm. That's probably not it, but I can't remember any more at the moment.

I have a lot.

I'm scare of people not liking me, or getting angry at me.

And spiders. Those things scare me enough that I'll never be in the room with one of those things. Or, um, rats either.

Or anything crawling actually...

Back
Top Bottom