• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fire and Ice Mafia

yeah i think that’s plausible

i am someone who does like looking for possible w/w interactions but i‘m accepting that it’s prob higher utility to just ditch that

I'm not sure if multiple mafia factions fits the Frostkin flavor, those seem like they'd be working together, no? Unless they're hunting us separately, i guess
It could still be that, or something like 1 scum and 1 third party of some kind (alien?)
Or maybe 2 regular scum and then town just has one or more really strong roles. I remember a game where there was a townie with 2 or 3 "lives", so that could help balance things out. Though unfortunately it seems Flora...did not have that particular role

I would place a tentative vote on RNP just for funsies rn but I feel like there's a slim yet nonzero chance I'd incur some sort of Penalty for my insolence

I would place a tentative vote on RNP just for funsies rn but I feel like there's a slim yet nonzero chance I'd incur some sort of Penalty for my insolence
don’t do that. don’t be tentative. place a REAL vote

like so

rnp

anyway, funny, I was just thinking about the v/w ratio before I got to the thread myself. I'm feeling more 1:5 but that might just be because in Among Us that's perfectly reasonable, and that's a mafia-esque game that regularly runs on 10 players without issue (although of course that doesn't translate directly to forum mafia).

in any case, RNP was upfront about the fact that the low player count means the game balance will be pretty wonky, so I think odds are good we've just got 1:5 or 2:4 straight-up, no gimmicks.

the tough part is that each one of these demands an entirely different gameplay pace. 1:5 means we can take our time and might even benefit from abstaining today so we can shore up the time we have to hunt down the one straggler -- but 2:4 means we're at lylo already. I did say I'm feeling more 1:5, but there's a bit of a pascal's bargain going on here, where we could lose on the spot if we don't assume the worst, but we can eat a mislynch and live if it is 1:5. so... someone has to die today.

(wrt the EoD time: 18 UTC is a little better for me as well, but I suspect I'll be absent at the very finale regardless)

Yeah, hmm... I think TCoD games this size have tended to have two mafia in the past, but depending on the setup it might just be one. Still holding out for alien, damn it.

Looking back at the signup thread and the special note that flavor is pretty relevant and sort of musing on how - like, if there is only one possible cause of death, then what other sort of flavor hints might there be. Maybe there's overdose, or there'd be a flavor hint if someone is saved by a doctor...? Something like that? But I imagine most such possibilities probably aren't too relevant for today.

(I would like to begin a secondary vote to end the day at 18:00 UTC instead, if possible. My schedule has changed and this would be more convenient and reliable of a time for phase changes.)
The day will end one hour early, at 18:00 UTC on May 10th (~46 hours from now).

oh yeah, wrt flavor, part of me wants to get people claiming off some of what's on their PMs; that could be what we need to eventually connect flavor analysis to anything useful

a smaller part of me is tempted to call for an out and out massclaim since that would be a reasonable play in the scenario where we're already at lylo

(I will say upfront that my n0 sucked shit and I'm now saddled with a true situation that would be pretty convenient to fakeclaim as scum, whops. at least whoever caused my shit to suck may be able to corroborate the matter)

i know some GMs announce lylo situations but it’s probably a bit much to hope here that that would have happened? that being said after sleeping on it i am leaning towards 1w and i agree w mf that this is probably a straight, 2 faction game tbh

I feel like 1 mafia is more likely, but I also agree with mf that it's probably safer to assume we're on the verge of losing. That said, massclaiming seems like it would benefit mafia by telling them who's a valuable target, and I'm not sure how much it would even help

yeah, thinking more on it, that smaller part of me spoke out of turn; if we're in not in lylo, a massclaim would still be woefully reckless atm, and if we are, it's not still indispensable, so it doesn't weigh favourably overall

Vote Count:
No valid votes have been cast.

Day 1 ends at 18:00 UTC on May 10th (~24 hours from now).

gonna start us off by probing Stryke, who's been posting quite a bit but only once for real analysis. let's see if that starts something

Yeah, I'd like to hear more from Stryke too; that could be a good start. Need to get into the groove better. I'm playing another mafia game on Negrek's forums right now plus other things so my attention's a bit split. Trying to remember how we even play in this meta. I feel like back in the day we would've just shrugged and abstained, but that was not exactly ideal play, heh.

I went into this game with one objective and that was not to fall into the "Stryke isn't being active so he might be scum" pitfall for another game. We'll get em next time I guess

Back
Top Bottom