• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Fire Emblem: The Gaping Void

Kevon climbed up the tree adjacent to Tiravs. He was grateful for work and ready to fight the bandits who had once stolen his loaf of bread. Aiming at a bandit with an axe, he took an arrow out of his quiver and got ready to shoot.
"So when do we shoot?" he whispered.

(The nine bandits - are they brigands, as in the axe-carrying people?)

OOC: I have to go camping for a couple days. So, someone could someone move for me, so I'm not left behind?
Reventhas grinned, flying up to a tree of his own, his feathers sprouting from his body and growing larger by the second. When he reached the branch of his choosing, the winged boy had dissapeared, replaced by a large, glaring, hawk.

---
Valneth nodded, and walked over to the forests edge, hiding in some foilage, ready to break into a run upon the battle's start, drawing a thin dagger from a sheath on his belt.

OOC: Don't worry Reventhas, I'll take over for you.

A lone brigand slowly walked the camp perimeter, shoulders hunched and axe dragging on the forest floor. He was bored;there was no getting past that. I mean, seriously, no one would attack them! They-

Before he could finish that thought, Tiravs, having spun an arrow in his hands before drawing it back, released it, and it struck him through the temple.

"NOW!" He shouted. The bandits swarmed from their various occupations, towards the front. Valneth, motioning to Rukas, quietly slipped around the camp and towards the first out of three tents. Reventhas, meanwhile, dove down, striking a man with his beak and talons, before coming back around to strike his un protected back. Yet another brigand was down.

Enemy units- One Archer, One Myrmidon, 7 brigands, and Grunge the leader/soldier.

Unclaimed treasures-3

Name:Merna(mehr-na)
Species:Laguz
Description:(Beast form) has cream coloured fur, with cream-orange stripes on his body, and blue eyes, as well as Ivory coulored claws. (non-beast form, what's it called, again?) He has medium-light red hair that goes about halfway down his neck. he usually wears a thin leather sleeveless top and thin leather shorts, but ocasionally wears thin tan cloth clothng. He goes barefoot unless hes going to a place with dangerous ground, where he wears light sandals, making sure the front edge is cut off so he can fight with the claws on his feet. He still has blue eyes. He also has cream ears with the left having a small cream-orange stripe on the back of his left ear, as well as a cream tail with no stripes.
Bio:His parents are unknown, but he was raised by a Beorc father a Laguz tiger mother, and a half-blooded brother. The towns surrounding him were constantly attacked, and rather than being oblivious to the attacks like everyone in his town except his family, when he left home, he decided to collect news here(whatever the town is again) and go fight the bandits on his own(he's like a "other unit in this fight, recruit by talking, of course.)
Class: Cat
Weapon: Claws
Other: better than normal in non-beast form, but worse in beast form than normal, but beast form is still better than non-beast form
(I hope I'm excepted before this mission ends.)
(excuse my spelling, My post was deleted because of a glitch, so I had to retype all this... so yah)

Argyram let out a deafening roar as he bounded out of the forest. He struck down the most vulnerable unit, the enemy bowman. Even though the bowman tried to strike him with his bow it only gave slight bruises and the tiger slashed the bowman's chest. [I would like to spare bloody details.]

Rukas, watching his tiger-friend's bravery, did his best to keep quiet as he followed behind the thief. The tents weren't well-made and could easily be destroyed by the bandits. He cast a wary eye for any hidden bandits and kept his guard, readying his staff and knife.

(Ok, turbler, you can feel free to make an entrance, because you are accepted. Would anyone at all mind talking to Merna when he makes an entrance, to recruit him? That is, if turbler doesn't have anyone in particular in mind)

Valneth quietly slipped into the first tent, rummaged through some useless food supplies and nicnacs, before pulling out a pair of boots. Nodding, he handed them off to Rukas, before quietly heading towards the next tent.

Grunge, meanwhile, had found Tiravs.

"Oy! Yah no good sellswords decid tah com a-bargin in on us, ey?" He shouted. From the slur in his voice and the stagger in his step, he had either lost a lot of blood before the battle even began, or he had gotten drunk. He did, however, manage to throw a Javalin at Tiravs, missing him and implanting itself in the tree.

"Well, it was either that or turn down a job offer." Tiravs said, before shooting him in the shoulder several times. The leader, still standing, was now attempting to spear him on the end of his steel lance, causing the leader to shuffle from branch to branch.

Enemy units- One very, very hurt archer, 7 brigands, one neglected myrmidon, and Grunge the drunken soldier.

Unchecked tents-two

Istvan got his horse to leap out of the bush. He stormed around, doing as Tiravs said. Out of the bandits, there was one ideal looking target, a lone swordsman. A flick of the reins and he charged the poor swordsman, who could do little to stop the lance from gouging his chest. There goes one., Istvan thought.

(i'd prefer either the tiger laguz on your squad or your leader(Animorph, duh), 'cause you have no Cats as of yet PS: if you fail to recruit me (somehow) I'll be wherever you go next (duh) so yah, but try to recruit... thanks!XD)
So... this is their camp. Lets do this! Oooooh, this one looks suitably out of the way for a first target Merna thought to himself, as his fur grew out on his body and he dropped to all fours, leaping at the closest bandit to the edge of the camp with a snarl. He ended up landing on the brigand's head, slashing at him with his claws as he fought to stay on, the brigand was bucking like a mad bull.

Rukas nearly missed the Boots when Valneth tossed them to him. He hadn't been expecting them, as Valneth was a thief, and thieves could hold a lot of booty- but it didn't really matter. He glanced at the battlefield, scanning over the damage. Their leader, the archer- what was his name again? Tirsav? Something like that.. He was fighting the only soldier, who seemed to have very bad accuracy. He was too far away to strike with his dark magic, and there didn't seem to be any other units around, so Rukas followed Valneth into the tents.

Argyram roared and broke the petrified archer's bow. It shattered into many pieces, and the archer passed out at the thought of what the laguz could do to him. Argyram decided to leave the archer alone- with wounds like that he wouldn't really survive anyway, and he wouldn't be able to do much without his bow. Suddenly, he felt the swing of an axe narrowly miss his tail. He spun around and growled at a brigand, who seemed to be more strong of heart than the archer. They locked in a fight of arms, claws and fangs against axe.

(Boots increase a unit's movement range, and by my experiences with shamans, they usually don't move very fast.)

Tiravs, finally shooting Grunge point-blank in the face, looked at the battle to see a cat laguz had joined the fray.

"Huh...how odd." He said, pulling up the Steel Lance Grunge had left in the tree and laying it next to him. Meanwhile, Valneth quickly slipped into a second tent...before jumping backwards when another myrmidon appeared out of it. When the sword fighter brought his blade down, Valneth, with two knives, locked the three blades together.

Merna lept off the bandit of his own accord, knowing that if he stayed up there any longer he'd be off anyways. He instead resorted to a hit and run tactic, jumping up for a few slashes, then leaping back to avoid the inevitable axe swing, of course being a cat, he got a considerable number of scratches in each time, and the dull brigand's clothing was looking more tattered then it was to begin with, as well as some slashes on the back of his head.

So, you say we don't need any experience with Fire Emblem (I don't know even what it is). Since this is open, and it's interesting, may I please join?

Name: Aria
Species: Laguz
Description: Aria is rather short, being only five feet tall. She has short, black hair that goes down to her shoulders and no further. She pretty much wears dark blue clothes, but will occasionally wear purple clothes, or anything close to blue.
(Animal form) A bird with a rather large wingspan and feathers as black as space.
Bio: Aria is serious, and loves the darkness. However, she is also friendly, and has a desire for peace. She is used to the cold, since she was born in the mountains. Aria lived in the mountains all her life. She descended to Tyoble when she was 14, when the blizzards became harsh for a reason unknown to her. She's gotten used to living on the plains mostly, but occasionally thinks about her old home.
Class: Bird (Raven)
Weapon: Beak, talons

Last edited:
(Wow, the first female character. Gasp. However, I'd a little bit more back story, such as why she came to Tyoble, a relatively flat land, from the mountains. However, for now, I'll be glad to accept you.

Oh, and thank you for saying it's interesting! )

*Also, as of now, I am no longer accepting Laguz characters. Come on people, we have two big cats, one wolf, two giant birds, one shaman, one theif, a cavalier and two archers.

(Well, to get in, you could either wait until we've finished off our bandit fight, show up at the mercenary headquarters to request a position as a mercenary so you can earn a living, or you can join up into this battle for some reason, say "Looks like fun," or "BANDITS KILLED MY -Insert loved one here-. I WILL MURDER YOU ALL!"

(Really, it all comes down to how you want your character to be seen. The opening lines of a character when their found in Fire Emblem usually reflect their personality throughout the rest of the game.)

Tiravs, hopping down from the tree, drew back another arrow, releasing it with a satisfying "Twang" of his bowstring. This planted itself into the shoulder of the brigand being mauled by the unknown laguz, before he began making his way towards teh cat laguz that had joined the battle.

Enemy units- 7 Brigands, one myrmidon that is trying to get at Valneth. Rukas, that's your cue!

Unopened chests- 2

((Read other people's posts. Oh, and Animorph, I thought Valneth was just giving the Boots to Rukas to hold, not to wear. I'll just hold them for now, though, until Rukas gets permission or something like that.))

Rukas gave a small shout when the myrmidon appeared out of nowhere. Now the thief had locked blade with knives, but being a thief Valneth seemed to slowly get beaten down. Clutching his staff Rukas murmured the words for a spell, and as he brandished it in the air dark tendrils emerged from the ground and seized the myrmidon. The swordsman writhed in its grip before it crushed him, and Rukas lept forward to slit the myrmidon's neck with his knife- although, he narrowly missed the most-important vein in his neck, and so he left his spell to deal with him. Hopefully the swordsman would be to terrified to attack them again; if not, he guessed that he'd have to use another Flux or something. But for now, there was enough time for Valneth to escape and get the other items.

(Ok then.)

Valneth, nodding to Rukas, swiftly cut the throat of the myrmidon, and ducked into the tent. Coming out, he stuffed a quiver of arrows and a steel bow into his pack.

"Come on!" He whispered, before ducking low and running to the next, and final, opened tent.

(I ain't no BIG cat, I'm a SMALL cat, unlike the tiger)
Merna noted the arrow pirsing his foes shoulder, and decided to finish him right there, he lept up once more, as his claws slashed the brute's already wounded shoulder, causing him to retaliate with his axe, slashing at Merna, as the cat had to leap off again or be struck. Of course, by the time the brigand took out his axe, his arrow wound became a gaping cut from his shoulder to his neck. The brigand however, got lucky, and managed to give Merna a light slash across the chest as e jumped off. heck, after this one, Im out of here to go mix me some meds, I'm all out... crud!
(Merna is good at making first aid, but must leave the battle for a while to do so, andit isn't exactly perfect first aid, either.)( and I'm gonna put personality here, since I think I forgot it
Personality: Merna is generaly bright and optimistic, but if somebody he cares about is hurt, he acts kind of like a feral one, except for the transforming, he jus goes berserk and fights like nuts, to either death or victory, and only somebody he cares about would beable to calm him down. If he overanalyzes a gloomy situation, he'll begin to become gloomy, bt will normally cheer up by the end of the chapter, if not earlier.)

(Well, your a big cat compared to regular cats. I just prefer to call Cat Laguz "Big Cats" and Tigers and Lions by their respective names. Also, Personality is covered in the "Bio" section.)

Tiravs, reaching the cat laguz, pulled a vulenary out of his bag and, slightly ripping open the bag of eatable powder, offered it to the Laguz.

"Hi. I have no idea who you are, but it seems like a good idea to keep potential allies alive." he said. "I'm Tiravs, by the way." He introduced, rather casually for a man currently in the middle of a battle.

Enemies-6 brigands

Unopened chests-1

Back
Top Bottom