• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Fire Emblem: The Gaping Void

Argyram pounced upon an unsuspecting brigand and gave another might roar. Thinking that he might've had cover from the forest the brigand didn't have his axe at the ready, and Argyram easily dismantled the beorc amidst cries of terror.

When he finished off his brigand the Tiger looked around the rest of the battlefield. One down, 5 brigands to go, he thought and started to head towards the nearest brigand that was still living.

Merna noticed the brigand was still slowly coming towards them, so he he lpt over the brigand, slashing the same wound a few times once more, the brigand fell to his knees and slowly bled to death. That was something Merna personally didn't want to see, and was getting slightly tired, decided to transform into (whatever form it's called that's not beast form what's it called again thank you for telling me please?) so he could talk. "Thanks, I'm with you for now, but when we get back to wherever you're staying, I have some questions for you guys." He took the powder sack and ate some of it."Thanks, hey, if you have any spares, can I keep this, for the fight at least, after that I can give this back and go make more?" He asked, knowing that he might need it for the rest of the bumbling brigands.

"Not a problem! We're almost done, anyways." Tiravs said, before turning around to shoot another arrow. Valneth, meanwhile, slipped into the final tent, coming out holdinig a small, glowing charm, slipping it into his stash of items.

Enemies- 4 Brigands

Aria had heard some commotion nearby, and disguised herself to investigate. She transformed into a raven and flew high up, viewing the battle from above. There appeared to be brigands included. She swooped down on one of them, pecking his forehead. When the brigand attempted to get her off, she flew up, making him slap his forehead. Aria then held on to both of his arms, digging her claws in deep. When she released her talons, she raked the brigand's forehead, knocking him out, at least. With that, she turned human. "Hope you don't mind that I did that."

Merna saw a brigand wounded by a raven, and decided to finish him. He transformed back into beast form, and ran over to the brigand. He gave him a good slashing, and left him for dead. As he retreated, he accidentally transformed back to his non-beast form, unable to sustain his beast form.

Last edited:
((Non-laguz, aka humans, are beorc, turbler.))

Rukas slipped on the boots after taking off his old ones. The soles were almost completely worn away and there were numerous holes. The boots greatly aided his movement, allowing him to freely move over the ground with protection from rocks and dust. Rukas smiled as he tested out his new boots. Seeing that Valneth had finished with his plundering he thanked him for the Boots, and ran into the battlefield- not too far from the thief, but enough to Flux a nearby brigand.

As the brigand ran towards Rukas Argyram leaped from the side and knocked the brigand to the floor. The Tiger slashed at the brigand and managed to break the old, flimsy axe into pieces. Now weaponless, the brigand was perfect for Rukas' attack, and the shaman finished him off.

OOC: I'm back, if it wasn't obvious.
BIC: Valneth jumped into the green foilage above the battle, running along the branches to a spot above an unwary brigand. Jumping down, he drew his knives and slashed the brigand's shoulders, leaving flowers of red blooming in his wake. Turning around to face the injured bandit, he knocked him down with a sweep of his leg, then ran his knives into his foe's unprotected back.

Last edited:
(I didn't know you could call it Beorc form... sorry 'bout that.)
Merna, still in Beorc form, rushed the final brigand, who appeared unwounded. He got into a fighting stance, ready to dodge that axe and fight back.

Ooc: Sorry about that we went camping and I didn't have time to post I was leaving. I will just wait for you guys and act like I am still at the fort. If that is alright?

Kevon smiled, but then noticed Merna in danger. The brigand was ready to swing his axe at her.

Not knowing Merna was ready, Kevon pulled back the bowstring, aiming carefully as the two got closer. Finally he shot the arrow, which narrowly messed Merna's arm, hitting the brigand in the stomach.

"Yes!" he said to himself.

Merna finished the bandit quickly with a kick to the gut. He knew the bandit would die, but he didn't want the bandit to try a last-ditch attack. "Hey guys, when we get back to wherever you're staying I have some questions, I need to know more about you guys, before I decide on whether to join you or not."

Last edited:
Aria asked someone with a bow and arrow, "Is there a leader of this group? If so, I would like to see them."

Tiravs, ducking under another axe, brought his bow up to shoot another brigand in the chest, before wheeling around to the two laguz who had joined the scuffle.

"I'm the leader of the Hoswar mercenaries, and, right now, I think we should finish off these last three before we get aquainted." He said briskly, motioning to the remaining three brigands, one with an arrow in his chest.

Enemy units- 3 brigands. Say adios, bandits!

Aria nodded, transforming again and swooping down on a bandit. She clawed his head as he cried out in pain. This gave the raven time to peck his neck until it was bleeding heavily. He fell to the ground with a surprised look on his face.

Reventhas had flown up into the higher branches overlooking the battle, collecting his power(my view of him is he's unmatured, so he doesn't have a long transform time), then jumped from the tall trees transforming again in mid-air, using the speed from his fall to slash into a brigand's arm, and ended the brigands career as it spiraled away from the battle. Reventhas then pulled upward flying back into the canopy of leaves, then fell once more onto the injured brigand, crushing his talons into his shoulders, his weight and speed forcing the brigand to the ground.

A brigand was watching the fight from afar. Seeing the demise of most of his teammates he began to flee the battlefield, but was felled by strange dark shapes yanking him to the ground. As he struggled to escape from their tight hold, he screamed in terror when Argyram appeared and raked his talons across his chest. Then the laguz bit his throat, and abruptly the screaming stopped. Rukas stepped out from the forest and smiled at Argyram, who was always glad to work with the shaman.

*And that's a rap, people! We have finished our first chapter, the obligatory bandit smash! Applaud youselves!*

Tiravs nodded as the final bandit went down, sheathing an arrow back into his quiver before turning to his men...and the two that had joined him randomly.

"Alright. We're done here, and the villagers will drop by later to reclaim what's theirs." He said, and, with that, turned to walk from the clearing that was littered with bandits. "...The two of you that just joined us, feel free to stop by our base later." He said, before he began to walk away. "Hoswar mercenaries, move out!"

Kevon grinned, happy that the bandits were finished. He jumped down from the tree and started to head back to the village.
"So Tiravs. Where are we going to go for another job?" he asked.

Aria walked behind the others, looking for the town. She would get something to eat there, then find out who these people were.

Reventhas flew up from the crushed brigand, his feathers melding back into his body, his long cloak emerging from the base of his neck as his clothes took his feather's place. At the end of his transformation the small cloaked hawk boy was walking a little ways behind Tiravs, his hands held behind his head, a satisfied look on his face.
---
Valneth meanwhile had hidden himself in the bushes, knowing that he wouldn't be able to fight the battle on even terms, and now emerged from the foilage, his knives cleaned of blood and sheathed on both sides of his belt. He followed the others, still somewhat wary, but good natured nontheless.

Back
Top Bottom