• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

First Day of Junior Year!

ew, APUSH. Too many goddamn essays and pointless note-taking. The teacher was a feminist, too. In the Roaring Twenties lecture, for example, she has one little tidbit on black people and then a whole 'nother lecture about women's rights. One other time we didn't finish a lecture because she derailed it into some rant about how all the women are stuck teaching while the principals and superintendents and whatnot are males. Aside from being an ultrafeminazi she was actually a rather good teacher, friendly too.

That notwithstanding, APUSH was one of my strongest subjects last year (the other being AP Computer Sci 3, which was taught by a complete bitch but taught well). Didn't do so well in AP physics, where the teacher said stuff about how inertia kept a "chillin'" llama "chillin'"

*APUSH high-five @ Arylett and anyone else who's taking it :D*

AP US History is gonna be my first AP class. I love World History, but I always thought US History was pretty boring. I've met the APUSH teacher, though, and she seems pretty awesome, so I have faith that she'll make it more interesting. :p

You're taking Astronomy? Man, I wanted to take that, but the class was too full and seniors were first priority so they made lowly Junior me take a different class. I ended up in Honors Earth Science, and I hate learning about rocks almost as much as I hate learning about Physics. >:( Apparently it's a BS class though, whereas Astronomy was for a college credit, so maybe it's not all bad. Next year Astronomy'll have no excuse to refuse me!
;;Gives Spaekle seven;; :D APUSH buddies~ (First time I'm taking AP classes too~)

My APUSH teacher seems like a fun guy, actually. He seems like he's going to make the class rather interesting. (He has a picture of Mount Rushmore with one of the president's faces replaced with his. XD Yeah, you can tell that's going to be a fun lesson.)

I couldn't get into Physics though, my math grade sucked too hard and they stuck me in Anatomy, which doesn't seem too interesting to be honest. But eh, probably more interesting than Physics. ;;Has miminal interest in science classes;;

ew, APUSH. Too many goddamn essays and pointless note-taking. The teacher was a feminist, too. In the Roaring Twenties lecture, for example, she has one little tidbit on black people and then a whole 'nother lecture about women's rights. One other time we didn't finish a lecture because she derailed it into some rant about how all the women are stuck teaching while the principals and superintendents and whatnot are males. Aside from being an ultrafeminazi she was actually a rather good teacher, friendly too.

Reminds me of my 9th grade history teacher, who'd go off on really random rants; one of his favorite topics being how much Bush sucks. And, I mean, I agree with him and stuff, but we were trying to learn about the Pueblo people. D: He's... kind of creepy. And he lives on my street, which makes it worse.

I think my parents want me to take anatomy because they freaking LOVE the teacher. "OMG SPAEKLE YOU SHOULD TAKE DOC'S CLASS HE CAME TO OUR WEDDING HE RECOMMENDED YOUR COUSIN TO DENTAL SCHOOL HE FREAKING DELIVERED YOU WE LOVE HIM :D :D". And, I mean, he seems like a really nice guy, but Anatomy is a hard class and I'm more interested in Astronomy. ; ;

The APUSH teacher sounds really nice. She demands a lot from you, but she seems like the cool kind of teacher who makes you want to work. Also she's the teacher who's managing the trip I'm taking to Japan and I'm kind of getting to know her (read: sucking up) beforehand. And I hear she brings candy to demonstrate how the economy works and then gives us some afterward. :D

I'm also taking CompSci, and I'm pretty excited about it. As soon as I learned the class existed I ran and dropped the stupid just-for-the-credit "HERE'S HOW WE MAKE A FOLDER KIDS" class from my schedule. :D

I almost failed Physics.

At least the teacher was fun. We had problems like this:
2j3mcmg.jpg

(I'd love to show y'all the "Story of the Electron", which tells about how Mr. Couloumb finds "a little e" and makes him feel important)

And I hear she brings candy to demonstrate how the economy works and then gives us some afterward. :D
Ask her to do this during the Great Depression unit. She can be Herbert Hoover and give out candy to only the 3 best dressed students of the class, and promise the rest that it will "trickle down" to them ;)

I'm also taking CompSci, and I'm pretty excited about it.
Just out of curiosity is it an AP comp sci class? Over here the pre-AP comp sci class learns HTML, and they learn it all wrong (the W3C validator wouldn't pass any of that shit if it had just come back from a booze party).

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity is it an AP comp sci class? Over here the pre-AP comp sci class learns HTML, and they learn it all wrong (the W3C validator wouldn't pass any of that shit if it had just come back from a booze party).

No, it's regular CompSci, although I think there is an AP CompSci class. I'm not sure if the class is that crappy though. I haven't really asked around about it. All I know is it's probably better than the class where all you do is make Powerpoints and business cards covered in clip art. And that the teacher's pretty cool.

Though I imagine they probably don't teach you much useful stuff, since the school's student-run website is covered in stupid shit flying around the page.

Well, of course any comp sci class would be more worthwhile than How To Use A Mouse 101. Hell, HTML is mighty useful - as long as it's actual, W3C standard HTML and not retard HTML

DUDE YEAH
I'm starting my junior year tomorrow
I'm crazy excited

I'm taking Biology AP too... and I'm kind of scared. It's gonna be my ONLY hard class really.

As a matter of fact, Of Mice and Men is one of the books we're reading this year.

I also hate learning about rocks. That's why I'm not taking Earth Science.

And I hate history. So pointless IMHO.

OMGLMAO! My history teacher has this disturbing poster in his room. It has a picture of a lady wearing a navy uniform, and she's saying "Gee, I wish I were a man! I'd join the navy!" LMAO!!!

My senior year is probably going to be harder than my junior year. o.o I'm taking APs for the first time (2 of them) and Honors Calc and Honors Physics. x.x

Back
Top Bottom