• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions Flipnotes are art, too!

Okay, so I really should've commented here a while ago but I was A) lazy and B) not appreciating these properly. However, having recently seen the Flipnote programme in action I've cottoned on to how fiddly these pictures must be. They're very impressive! I particularly like the Sneasel, Scizor and the phone-booth-snapshot ones, though the lineart is all clean and snazzy on all of them. A fun new little art form, too. :D

001-13.gif

*slides in* Aha! MUST SAVE FROM CRIB DEATH [/typhcape]

Well with the animation, the shading transitions fluidly o: It seems a mite too fast, but then aain i prolly need to listen the the music with it so!

001-17.gif

A collaberation, with Melonhead.
001-15.gif
001-16.gif
001-14.gif

Redos of some old Flipnotes, that Entei was my third Pokemon drawing on Flipnote Studio.

I think these are cool! I haven't had a lot of practice on Flipnote myself... it takes a lot of coordination to draw with the stylus. The Entei is my favorite, although the paw seems a bit small in proportion to me. The shading is nice on all of these, though. I like the way how you made the Entei look very furry. :)

Also, I was going to ask a question. How do you make purple on Flipnote? I know one color has to be red and the other blue, but... I'm not sure what to do past there.

Oh cool, another Flipnotee! May I suggest using a pencil for drawing instead od the stylus? It's much easier and if you can find one that doesn't smudge the screen you're on the way to success.

As I said before, that Entei is an old drawing, all that's new is the color. It was made as part of my "Fantabulous colouring book" series, and I just wanted a drawing I could add Brown to.

Actually, if you click on the Hatena link in my signature, you can watch my Fantabulous colouring book #3, which is how to make purple. Do you have a Hatena account yet?

Kai is king of the internet.

I haven't looked at the first page yet, but I clicked on this because I love your Flipnotes. All of the ones here are awesome.

Awesome work Kai, still just awesome work. And yes im not dead just inactive but ill be posting here more saying how brilliant your work is #~^

Cool, thanks. Good luck with yor art thread, too.

001-18.gif

A collaberation I did wth someone I look up to, who did the lineart while I did the colour.

001-19.gif

The Unown. What do they spell?

Haven't updated this in ages.

001-22.gif

As requested by a user named Frans.

002-2.gif

A collaberation with Aura.

003-2.gif

Inspired by the fantastic [CUE LIGHTS] thread that was posted as an announcement. Yes, that's me and Zora as Team Rocket grunts.

Wow, your art is just fantastic. I love the shading on the Drapion. Also, you and Zora as rocket grunts made me laugh when I first saw it. :p

Wow, these are great. Hatena is usually just spammed with those stupid ADD STARS TO THIS IF YOU HATE BLAH BLAH BLAH. It's really nice to see people who have the talent and use it. Do you have a guide or something for the entire drawing process or tips? I tried using pencils but it's still kinda weird.

Using pencils is wierd but once you get used to them as stylus substitutes they work wonders. If you're going to do drawings, do the lineart on page 2 that you can use to reference to at anytime, and copy it to page 1 and colour it so that you can use it as a reference. Those are my tips.

Back
Top Bottom