• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forums Open

The problem about alternative avatars is that it's a hack that I made which was never released on vBulletin.org, basically meaning that I have no archive of it of any sort and would have to remake the entire thing from scratch.
D: But you spent a decent amount of time on it! That sucks.
If secret admirers are coming back, I'm going to try to add both admiration messages and the option not to receive PMs upon new secret admirers.

Did people really use the adoptables that much?
Personally, I don't care about either one, or even the arcade. The adoptables seemed to be mostly used by people who liked spamming the stupid thing. :|

I really liked the arcade. (4th highest score on one of the games!)

Secret admirers was pretty cool but I wouldn't miss it if it never came back.

I didn't really care for any of the others. Adoptables was a good idea, but I never used it and I could see why other people liked it.

We had personal stickies before? Why wasn't I informed? Oh well, I probably wouldn't have used it anyway.

Crap. No more alternate avatars? That sucks, because that was really useful for Caption the Avatar Above and for certain moods, and even if you had to use a certain avatar for like, an RP or something. :/

Some of these other things people are talking about, secret admirers and all that, I would like to see come back, but the one thing that has been really bothering me is that there is no quick reply box for responding to PMs and it's kind of irritating not to have it. I'd love to have that back.

I was never able to get that to work, though. :/ It always complained that there was no subject/recipient.

WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO??

Okay, only kidding. But I think you missed me in the re-modding thing. :D; Unless you're still offended by the whole slug guts on your wall thing... >__>

One other thing that's bothering me a little is it seems like there is a new character limit on PMs, which is kind of irritating and I'm pretty sure wasn't there before. I'm not sure if there's a reason for this, but if it's not necessary maybe it could be, um, taken away? It'd be lovely.

Last edited:
It's 50 posts for Caterpie, 200 for Metapod and 1000 for Butterfree.

Increased the PM character limit to ten times what it used to be.

Yeah, I didn't particularly use adpotables that much, but I did every now and then.

Maybe.... and this'll probably be very complicated and unnecessary, but maybe there could be some sort of system where you can post a line of code in your signature or something which would show an adoptable with it's current sprite, name and 'posts until...' thing. Or not.

Ugh. >:| adoption center and secret admirers and arcade were just decent

Threadminning either isn't back yet or hasn't been set up to be usable by mods; forum masking would be helpful; PM quick reply was useful too. D: at least get threadminning done aaaa

By default, the threadmins hack isn't usable by mods. I modified it myself to be so at the earlier forums, but have yet to do so here. It is installed, however.

Back
Top Bottom