• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Funny Moments at School

I can remember one... that wasn't exactly funny, but strange all the same.

I was in Year 7, and we were doing typical Science experiment thingies.

In experiment 1, we were using some chemical I can't remember. We did that, fine, move on.

In experiment 2, we were using some other chemical and water. I heard the teacher wrong, and mixed chemical 1 with chemical 2.

The result? Your stereotypical, experiment-gone-wrong, slightly glowing brown sludge that bubbled up out of the beaker and covered a large section of the table.

A few minutes later there was an odd gas floating around the table. The teacher noticed it, and said, "Callum might have killed us... Blame him, not me!"

A few More from me

in 6th grade, we watched "the movie" as we called the puberty movie, and we were allowed to write questions on sticky notes.
Mr. Foster(Teacher):*Finishes up previous question* Ok! Next Question,*unfolds a sticky note from basket* I like pie...
All the Guys: XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In 7th grade(2 years ago) My social studies teacher had a class vote every 9 weeks (a gradeing period) on who was the best student in that class, now the same girl had won the first 2 times, so I voted for the teacher (mr.Rhoden) the last two.

Last year(8th grade)we were in the middle of learning the bill of rights in SS, this happened in Language Arts, also the kid Oni is the same guy who did the cartwheels

Teacher:*Asks Question*
Oni:*Answers Wrong*
Teacher:*No, Oni think about*
Oni:Man! I don't know!
Teacher:*Gives a hint*
Oni:*Thinks for a few seconds* I Plead the fifth
We all laugh

Let's see... there was this moment last year:

Me and one of my old classmates (who happens to be the guy I like) were racing to the classroom. Guess what happened?

We got to the door at the same time and got stuck in it. ^^;

And then comes the whole I-get-a-chance-to-beat-you-at-this-again-haha thing over the Geography Bee.

Me: I'm gonna be in the Geography Bee.
Him: ...MRS. COSTANZO, WHY HER?!?

That rivalry thing would have been so much more rivalry-er if my mom didn't pass up his neighborhood because of parking space.

Also...

I showed my memory book from eighth grade to my lunch table. The result?

Kristina: Alyssa, you looked so cute as a first grader!
Alssa: *bewildered*
Kristina: Rachel showed our lunch table the memory book.
Me: Sorry...

Several seconds later:

Kristina: Christa, you looked so cute as a first grader!
Me: I showed her the memory book.

These are good, but I think I have you all beat. :/

Especially with the story about the fishtank, or what happened on Monday, which I will type out when I don't feel so lazy.

One day I'd been let out of class early after finishing a test and had nothing else to do, so I decided to hang out with a couple of guys I kinda knew. We stood in the hallway and started reading people's shirts out loud as they walked by. In the event that too many people with words on their shirts walked by at once and we missed one, one of the guys would chase the person down the hallway, stop them, and yell what their shirt said back down the hall at us. We mostly just got confused looks, but somehow we managed to really piss a few people off. It was a pretty fun way to waste time, I guess. xD

I have many stories. I just can't think of them all at once.

Last edited:
By running into it at a high speed at the same time as someone else.

That door wasn't wide enough to fit us both. XP

Haha xD
Did the teacher notice you two? If I saw that happen I would've laughed and laughed and laughed and
you get the point. ^^;

I was in Irish class earlier today and we were doing a verbal test where my teacher (who's a bit of a lunatic) asked us phrases in English and we had to respond in Irish. My friend got his answer wrong and was told to stand up. Normally what happens when you get an answer wrong in my Irish class is you'll be made write an five hundred word essay on the school rules in Irish. The rest of my class were quite ecstatic at the fact that my friend got punishment work (as was I) but tension quickly came back as the test resumed. I was asked my question, got it right and then realised that my copybook was open in front of me. Unfortunately, so did my teacher. We have the phrases we're meant to learn written down, you see. Not even my teacher could expect us to reply to random sentences. We're not fluent and we probably never will be.

Anyways, if you're caught with a copybook open, you also have to write out five hundred words on the school rules in Irish. I debated with my teacher and told him that I got the phrase right so surely the punishment didn't reply. My teacher though for a couple of seconds and then decided to quadruple my friend's punishment.

So my friend was doing his punishment, my punishment and for some reason they were double again. Isn't that funny?

Later on in the class, we were playing a game where we had to point at our body parts and say whatever the body part was in Irish, similar to Simon Says.

My teacher tells us that whoever wins the game doesn't get homework tonight.

My friend asks if he can cancel the punishment out if he wins.

My teacher says yes and then tells him not to worry because my friend isn't smart enough to win.

It was funny at the time. I swear.

Edit: Also, xavier, you try too hard.

This happened about a month ago, I think. I'm part of something called Academic Team, which is basically like Jeopardy only slightly different and in team form. Anyway, someone read the definition for "cloister" ( a monastery or a convent I believe was the defintion, but it's never that simple) anyway, he added "evovles from Shellder"
Then someone else shouted, "Cloyster" and did a little happy dance because he got it right. That was pretty funny.
What's worse is it took me about five minutes to get the whole Shellder Cloyster connection.

One day, in Period 2 Algebra I....
Guy: Can we write 'Ditto' as the answer if its the same as above?
Teacher: Well, no --
Weird Crazy Guy (Loudly): DID SOMEBODY JUST SAY
DILDO?

There's a lot more but I forget D:

Substitute pre-algebra teacher in 7th grade bitched about me having my foot up on a chair (was in an ankle brace at the time), then about me putting it back up 20 minutes later when it started hurting again. So I just kind of pulled my pantsleg up, took my shoe, the brace and my sock off and watched her almost puke cause most of my ankle was still covered in one of those gross looking black-green-yellowish bruises. ^.^ Admittedly, this is probably only funny to me.

Last day of that year was some sort of carnival, and they put the assistant principal in a dunk tank. She threatened to suspend the next person who dunked her after she went in a few dozen times, which was funnier then than it is now because the next guy was on the baseball team and got laughed out of trying again because he couldn't hit the switch. Not as funny now as it was then.

The teacher was talking about something, and A starts talking to somebody else, and the teacher notices. She goes up to him and tells him what he's doing wrong and not to be talking. When she's about halfway across the room A starts panting "Oooooh Mrs. Teacher stopppp -pantpant-" It was retarded.

In French class

Teacher: That word means 'challenge' as in 'I like a challenge'. Like if you play rugby, I can't think of why anyone would want to play it otherwise.
Person: Why would anyone want to become a French teacher otherwise?

EDIT:
"You're exam results spell you're future" Someone said this to us once.

One person got D, E, D.

Today, in History class, when our class was split into two groups, one making a slide show to argue that Tsar Alexander II deserved his title "Tsar Liberator and Great Reformer" (my group) and the other to argue against it, druing the latter group's turn:

"And now we will take you on a rollercoaster ride of exhilaration, starting with... local government reforms!"
(The slide changes. It is titled "emancipation".)

I expect you had to be there, or understand what the hell I'm talking about, but it was funny.

Back
Top Bottom