• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gaza

Vladimir Putin's LJ

your blood flows through my veins
I haven't seen anything posted about this horrible situation, so I thought I would.
Express your opinions on the Israel/Palestine war (or rather, the 'Israel beating the shit out of Palestine' tiff) here.

Here's my view:

What the fuck, Israel.

I mean, here's basically the timeline of Israel: Jews congregate in one place; decide to find land in which to live safely; show up in Palestine; populate a few rather small areas; populate larger areas, larger, larger, larger; force Palestinians into a shitty barren piece of land with no water, agricultural resources and infected with a flesh-eating disease; block food, water, gas and medicine from entering said shitty piece of land; be 'attacked' with ancient, crappy missiles that never kill anyone; cry to rest of the world about how they're being mercilessly massacred by Palestine.

I'm not saying that Hamas is doing the right thing by firing rockets at Israel (as crappy as they may be), and I don't side with Hamas as a group, but I will say that right now I consider Israel to be malevolent and disgusting.

You'd think Israel would avoid comitting genocide after what happened to its people sicty years ago, but I guess not! I can't understand the amount of support Israel is getting in America, either. They're cold-bloodedly killing hundreds of people every day. It's ridiculous! Israel, a big modern country with modern, new military equipment and a grand total of thirteen fucking deaths versus Palestine, a tiny 'country' with rickety equipment, poor living conditions (inflicted by Israel) and over 900 deaths.
But hey, poor Israel! Palestine's obviously hunky-fucking-dory and just feel like bothering their friendly neighbours!
And obviously, if you say anything against Israel or its people, you're an antisemite.

They started their air strike when children were leaving school. They bombed a school.

I'll try to post something better in the future, I'm just kind of upset about this and I can't post properly when I'm upset. I'd like to hear your views though.

US politics is apparently not a valid measure of the Gaza situation.... then again, when has US policy ever been consistent with Bush at the helm. Can't wait till next week when dear old Obama takes over.

ugggh I really wish Europe would get off its ass and do something to help Palestine.
But we won't, obviously. Because that'd mean getting on America's bad side and then we'd all be fucked.

Still wish a (ANY) European leader had enough balls to do it.

And I don't think Obama being elected will change anything in regards to I/P. It could even get worse seeing as the chief of staff is Rahm Israel Emmanuel. And I think I can guess who he's siding with.

What? Oh, sorry. I was busy reading about the horrible dresses at the last unnecessary award show.

Fucking media. I have never heard of this, and I'm fucking pissed now. Israel needs a strict talking to, it seems.

What? Oh, sorry. I was busy reading about the horrible dresses at the last unnecessary award show.

Fucking media. I have never heard of this, and I'm fucking pissed now. Israel needs a strict talking to, it seems.
It's been a horrible ongoing conflict for sixty years but Israel went batshit insane on the 23rd of December by launching an air-strike when one of Hamas' homemade missiles killed a (one) guy.

I'm starting to fucking hate Israel and America now aaaa

People need to calm the fuck down. Damn, drink a cup of tea and talk like grownups. >>

I met a guy from Palestine a few months ago. He told me he often wakes to find tanks rolling outside his window.

I blame the United Nations for this. They screwed up everything after WWII when they distributed the land, not even thinking about the dfferent ethnic grooups.

I just wanted to throw this out there since it seems this isn't something most people note.
This quote kind of makes me laugh. Israel's doing everything to protect its civillians? Against what? Statistically there's more chances of an Israeli person dying by falling down the stairs than by getting hit with one of Hamas' shit-and-spit rockets.
And Hamas having their headquarters in those places still doesn't excuse Israel's off the handle response. 'YOU KILLED ONE ISRAELI MAN? THE PROPORTIONATE RESPONSE IS OBVIOUSLY TO CARPET-BOMB YOUR CITY!'

I think the old saying is appropriate: "where two people fight two people are guilty"

Hamas is not innocent, Israeli government is not innocent, only civilians are.

There may be no threat of Isreal actually getting attacked, but were there to be one, Israel would do stuff necessary to protect its citizens. Meanwhile, the Hamas try to play to their good side by building bases in public spaces so that they a)wouldn't attack or b)receive bad reputation if they attack.
I personally think Hamas, while not being right, is justified in attacking Israel. I mean, when they respect the cease-fire Israel blocks any resources from going to Palestine and when they break the cease-fire they get killed en masse. But at least they get international attention from the latter, while everyone ignores the former for no good reason.
I agree they shouldn't set up their bases in places like that, because it does endanger civillians. Then again said civillians will probably die because of Israel.
That's one thing that makes me seethe: Israel comitting genocide. Fucking ironic. They seriously want to wipe Palestine (or what remains of it) off the map and they won't stop until the last Palestinian is dead. I guess starving them was taking too long.
Fuck Israel.
Interesting site here -> http://www.ifamericansknew.org/
The graphs are especially depressing.

Like I said, I do not in any way support either of the sides; I don't want such an important issue to go stale because everyone just agrees and nobody actually says anything worth debating.
No no, I agree, the debating hall is for debates, after all.
Just one thing though: 'I do not support either of the sides;' so you don't think one is behaving a lot worse than the other?

Last edited:
Everyone who is using rockets to fire at innocent civilians is behaving pretty badly and deserving no sign of respect. Israel and Palestine both suck, the end.

I don't support Hamas but Jesus fucking Christ Israel, what are you doing? I have no idea how Israel manages to get any support from America. It's fucking disgusting.

What is Palestine supposed to do? Sit and let themselves get killed? I agree that everything would be much better if this conflict were resolved peacefully (or at least without endangering civillians) but I think Palestine (or Hamas. Hamas and Palestine aren't the same thing, whereas IDF and Israel are both part of the government) doesn't see any other option.

it's because america is scared of the muslims after 9/11

it's also because of ancient wwii shit

did you know germany doesn't openly support palestine because they will face criticism of antisemitism if they do

it's the wwII legacy

From an article the BBC website:

Palestinian deaths in the Gaza Strip have passed 1,000, medical sources in Gaza say, as diplomatic efforts continue to reach a ceasefire.

Nearly a third of the dead are reported to be children and nearly 5,000 people have been injured.

[...]

More than 300 of the dead are said to be children, 76 are women and more than 4,500 people in Gaza have been injured, of whom 1,600 are children and 678 are women.

Thirteen Israelis have been killed, including three civilians and one soldier from rockets fired from Gaza and nine soldiers killed in fighting in Gaza.

That said,

Both Hamas and Israel rejected last week's UN Security Council resolution calling for an immediate ceasefire.

Hamas doesn't really seem to be acting in its people's best interests right now, but that in no way justifies the slaughter Israel has unleashed on them.

Can't we get over WWII now? You're not anti-Semitic if you support Hamas but you are an ass if you support Israel.

I mean, fuck. WWII happened sixty years ago. We're playing a whole different game now.

I agree that the WWII stigma that's been following Germany for years is ridiculous. We know you're not fascists anymore guys, and so does everyone else with half a brain!

Also, have some figures:
During Fiscal Year 2007, the U.S. gave more than $6.8 million per day to Israel and $0.3 million per day to the Palestinians.
0 Israeli homes have been demolished by Palestinians and 18,147 Palestinian homes have been demolished by Israel since 1967.
1 Israeli is being held prisoner by Palestinians, while 10,756 Palestinians are currently imprisoned by Israel.
Israel currently has 223 Jewish-only settlements and ‘outposts’ built on confiscated Palestinian land. Palestinians do not have any settlements on Israeli land.
fuck off and die israel fff

EDIT: obviously i'm not saying hamas is great or anything but i feel more sympathy for them than for IDF or Israel

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom