• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How do you identify?

• I lack a Y chromosome and identify as female.

Votes: 37 39.8%
  • I lack a Y chromosome and identify as male.

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • I possess a Y chromosome and identify as female.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I possess a Y chromosome and identify as male.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • I am genderqueer/agendered/gender fluid/any other combination not mentioned here.

Votes: 9 9.7%

• Total voters
Schizophrenic moron. Oh, wait, this isn't about your mental state...

Yeah, I'm a maley male of maleness.

EDIT: Okay, some people think I look like a girl solely because I have my hair as long as I can. D: Nothing else.

Last edited:
Haha, yes, this poll is rather amazing.

Well most people who have been here long enough probably already know I'm an XY who identifies female. :V They'll also know I'd like to impale said Y on a rusty spigot and bath in its blood, but that's besides the point. (Srsly tradsies to any one of you double-X's. I'll go ahead and echo the comment: anyone who feels 'boring' feel -lucky- for being so. :V )

I'm a tad awkward though, in a way. I feel strongly female, can't stand being referred to as male, want the body (And every function that comes with it; which turns into the primary crazy-calls from people on all ends), but it's all moreso a personal comfort of my physical self thing than anything. I've no real bearing on gender roles and don't care for them one bit. I've no plans of ever going out of my way to fulfil any that I don't feel like filling, and I'd say I've got an adequate mix of both 'male' and 'female' traits to go around.

(By the way Verne, have I told you lately how awesome you are?)

I chose the first option, but I don't really particularly "identify" as female so much as just... accept that I'm biologically a woman. Gender, as its own thing separate from biological sex, doesn't really exist in my head. There are stereotypes about "masculine" and "feminine" things, but I've always been a firm believer in the idea that women can like "masculine" things and men can like "feminine" things if they damn well please, without having to first identify as the "appropriate" gender. So what's left of the concept of gender is... pretty meaningless to me, really. I consider myself female because I have two X chromosomes, nothing more and nothing less, and what that means to me is simply that I have a vagina and am subject to the same stereotypes, prejudices, assumptions, expectations, privileges, etc. as other biological females.

this is actually kind of how I feel but I didn't know how to go about wording it. :V

Haha, yes, this poll is rather amazing.

Well most people who have been here long enough probably already know I'm an XY who identifies female. :V They'll also know I'd like to impale said Y on a rusty spigot and bath in its blood, but that's besides the point. (Srsly tradsies to any one of you double-X's. I'll go ahead and echo the comment: anyone who feels 'boring' feel -lucky- for being so. :V )

I'm a tad awkward though, in a way. I feel strongly female, can't stand being referred to as male, want the body (And every function that comes with it; which turns into the primary crazy-calls from people on all ends), but it's all moreso a personal comfort of my physical self thing than anything. I've no real bearing on gender roles and don't care for them one bit. I've no plans of ever going out of my way to fulfil any that I don't feel like filling, and I'd say I've got an adequate mix of both 'male' and 'female' traits to go around.

(By the way Verne, have I told you lately how awesome you are?)

I would trade with you if I could ;~;

Essentially what Butterfree said. I'm XX and I'm female, but honestly my being female means, to me, that I have two xx chromosomes and yeah... it doesn't say anything about me. There are "feminine" things as dictated by society and "masculine" things; I happen to like things from both categories (as I am certain that there are people with XY chromosomes who identify as female and like "masculine" things and people with XX chromosomes who identify as male and like "feminine" things, etc.) I probably wouldn't be more comfortable having a Y chromosome so yeah.

I'd be interested in knowing more about this. If you feel that you should be the other gender, then I get that perfectly. If you feel that you should be the other gender because you like dresses/action figures/other stereotypical thing, that's what I would like to understand. I should probably lurk more blogs. :x

Biologically female, quite strongly mentally female. Everyone seems to get the impression that because I don't do stereotypical girlythings (like shave), that I'm gender confused. But I'm not. I like being a woman quite a lot and I feel like on the inside I am very feminine, but not in the same stereotypical way. Not the whole OH MY GOD PINK LIPSTICK way. Just... like a woman, I guess. I don't know if that makes sense. Being feminine to me means something different than it seems to mean to most people. I love things like dresses though and skirts. Being a man would feel... just so wrong to me.

I'm a lady and I've never really felt otherwise, but I imagine having a penis would be twice as cool as having a vagina. :/

I'm a lady and I've never really felt otherwise, but I imagine having a penis would be twice as cool as having a vagina. :/

I was gonna post but then you said this, so I can't do much besides agree. Having a penis would be cool. But not permanently. Like... a detatchable penis or something. Impress your friends!

I like having boobs and wearing skirts though! Being a girl is fun c:

multiple orgasms

Enough said.

...And then there's, yeah, this.

I possess an XX, but I don't really feel one way or the other very strongly, and when I do it fluctuates. Some days I would kill to be a guy, and others I happily prance out of my house in makeup and heels. I don't really get what it feels like to be "male" or "female", because in my mind I'm just myself, and the idea of having a gender "identity" is a concept I've wrestled with for a while. Also sometimes me and my body have existential conflicts, what with me being female and possessing the ability to make babies and all, and how sometimes I kind of feel like that's a threat to my individuality, but that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

multiple orgasms

Enough said.

Point taken. Still, it's just one good thing amidst a bunch of not-so-cool things.

Last edited:
Multiple orgasms are ridiculously overrated. Most of us stop giving a shit after the first one. :P

I'm XX, identify as female, etc. I feel very lucky to be satisfied with my sex and gender roughly aligning, as I can imagine (though obviously not all that clearly) how confusing and frustrating it must be to not be cisgendered. :( I'd swap if I could! I don't really care much about sex or gender.

I guess I'm kind of genderqueer. I used to be insulted with male pronouns because I wasn't girly, and it really really hurt me, but now I'm like... yeah, whatever. Genderfluid maybe? Thankfully it's a lot easier and much more acceptable to be a genderfluid female.

Yeah but girls pay for it with menstruation and childbirth and menopause and having to wear those tiny little pointy shoes. ''<

You don't have to wear tiny pointy shoes! Or go through childbirth, either. And I suppose if you were really extreme you could become emaciated and prevent menstruating. But then you wouldn't have to worry about it very soon anyway if you went and did that...

Back
Top Bottom