• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How the fuck did the whole fat talk from Saith get to this thread? 0.o

I'm overweight, I acknowledge the need to exercise but I don't give a shit honestly. I've been dieting only and lost like 7 kg in a month and a half. This has improved my physical prowess dramatically, to the point I can go up stairs I used to struggle going up because of my weight.

Of course, exercise plus diet is the way to go, but what if you don't have money or time for a gym? Dieting is way easier, just cut on all the carbs and fat, it doesn't take a genius to realise which foods have high amounts of those.

Regarding obesity leading to failure in getting a good education, that's a load of bullshit. I've known plenty of fat people who have been very successful in their careers. Dedication and focus are far more important than a fit body if you want to achieve the highest degree of education. Being fit is only important to jobs that rely on appearance, maybe not even those if you happen to be good at what you do.

And sorry for swearing, if it's not allowed please edit it out.

edit: oops um now I feel like an ass because another mod posted while I was writing and didn't feel the need to say this too so maybe I'm overreacting >; UM well uh umm. Yes I agree that the derogatory terms really need to be cut down upon here

(no you're completely fine! I really should have said something about it but instead I was Early Morning UV and regurgitated a post without thinking about it. herp derp)

edit:

Saith said:
There's a contradiction in there somewhere. If you did work out even semi-regularly, then I'd see nothing wrong. Trying to improve yourself is a great thing, and nobody'd look down on you for it - they might snort when they see your settings, but that's just friendly competition.
How is it a contradiction? Lots of people simply don't like fat people and wouldn't want them at their gym. It's great that you'd see nothing wrong, but you aren't every non-fat person. There are lots of people who would look down on me for it, and have done so in the past. I've been made fun of for changing my diets or jogging.

Last edited:
Okay, people have been asking me what I thought was confusing. Thing is, I never said... at least I don't think so, but I'm sure someone will correct me... that I was confused. I said it was confusing, though I understand.

Look, the thing is it's getting out of hand, and I'm sure that I will be ripped to shreds somehow over this. I actually somewhat agree with what Arylett was saying back there, and I guess she understood me, which is more than I could have hoped for since my posts were amazingly vague. Too bad she's gone, I might have been able to get her to explain it better... or something.

Thing is I don't see why we need special pronouns for people. I understand why people like them and prefer them, but right now I don't think the world is ready for something like that.

Right now we live in a very black and white world. True there are more shades of grey showing up, but not enough so to make a difference. You can use your special pronouns and terms, but don't expect everyone in the world to rush to your side and start using them. These terms are 'new' and aren't official in any sense. Look if you want to be called a 'him', 'her', 'them', 'it', 'eir', or even 'suprememasterofallthings' I seriously don't give a fuck why, and I'll call you that. But when people get SO offensive about a person who a) doesn't care b) doesn't care to care c)disagrees and would rather have things 'normal' that seriously pisses me off. And a lot of people feel the same way.

I mean... Look at the thread we have about New York. I said I wanted to get a 'I <3 NY' shirt. I thought I was being nice and supportive. And then someone said they could make a 'I <3 NY and so does my bf/gf' and then SHIT ensued. That was the most petty, stupid, and amazingly funny thread I have ever read. Serious, it was something so petty and stupid it made me embarassed to be a member here. Look if you want to be called whatever then make YOUR OWN SHIRT SAYING IT OR SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

I am a person who finds herself (see that) in both a black/white world and then still stuck in between. Mostly I find that I don't care. I find myself on the sidelines so much, watching these arguments. Just do whatever the fuck (gasp I'm almost 21 fucking (double gasp) years old and I cursed) you want and shut up about it already. It's great you all support one another, but seriously make that the end of it.

And I just noticed what happened with Arylett. And I will say yes, there are cliques at TCoD, you can't deny that. I mean we're humans (please tell me I can still say that) and separations like that happen naturally.

If I can, please don't eat my flesh, I'd like to say that I think I remain amazingly neutral here at TCoD. I go to the IRC but no one talks much to me so the forums is all I have to communicate with people here. So I don't know what drama happens in IRC, if any. But please, and let this be known for the records, if you don't like me, or have issues with me say it to my face. I hardly ever lose my 'cool' and will actually take it as advice, cause that's how I am.

Peace.

EDIT: This post is not directed at any specific member, just a Phantom/Ashley/Me rant to the world. Take it or leave it.

Oh look my Aspies is showing.

SUM OF ENTIRE POST: I DON'T CARE BUT I CARE ENOUGH TO TELL YOU WHY I DON'T GIVE A SHIT.

This post was brought to you by me. I know some things are abrasive and seem ignorant, but I was being overly blunt so as to make a point. Reading this post may cause people to throw hissy fits. Good for them, but I didn't mean to piss you off, if I did sorry and I hope we can meet for tea and cookies later.

EDITOFTHEEDITOFTHEEDIT: If you knew how many times I've changed this post in fear of getting my flesh eaten off.... This post was about twice as long lol.

Last edited:
UV - I have ulcerative colitis (which is like the little brother version of Crohn's) and they ask me to eat lots of fibers...

(then again I am absolutely not overweight so uh)

Right now we live in a very black and white world. True there are more shades of grey showing up, but not enough so to make a difference. You can use your special pronouns and terms, but don't expect everyone in the world to rush to your side and start using them. These terms are 'new' and aren't official in any sense. Look if you want to be called a 'him', 'her', 'them', 'it', 'eir', or even 'suprememasterofallthings' I seriously don't give a fuck why, and I'll call you that. But when people get SO offensive about a person who a) doesn't care b) doesn't care to care c)disagrees and would rather have things 'normal' that seriously pisses me off. And a lot of people feel the same way.

I have a question: how do you think the world changes, if not by people insisting that it should change? Yes, people don't care. That's why we're trying to explain to them why they should care and why it's offensive if they don't. "The world is black and white" is not a good excuse for not trying to make it a little more grey. We don't "expect everyone in the world to rush to our side and start using them". Of course not; it would be unreasonable to expect everyone to be aware of this issue. What we do expect is that, once the issue has been explain to someone, they have the common decency to use whatever pronouns are requested.

Seriously, guys, this isn't that hard to understand. Attitudes don't change overnight. These things are slowly becoming accepted. The best way to speed that process up is by accepting them yourself. Why is it unreasonable to ask people to do that?

Last edited:
I never said it was unreasonable. Just some reactions were.

My life is 95% no-one caring whatsoever about my preferred pronouns. If I ask, I am scorned. I got pretty badly bullied for not being straight for the vast majority of highschool. I find it kind of hilarious how you expect I just haven't ~realised~ that most people in the world are not going to cater to me, and that I need telling. Thanks, but I am completely aware.

You can do whatever you like. You can reject my identity, reject the identity of others, and believe me, I will not be surprised. It is nothing new. But you seem like someone who might want some new. You can't be progressive on your own time, when it's most suitable for you, and still give yourself a pat on the back - which is why I personally might expect more from the members of this forum. That's really all it is.

.... OK

@Cirrus: I was never referring to you personally. Never said I was referring to anyone... I did say that in-post right? I also never said I rejected ANYTHING. You need to read through the post. I said you want to be called something, or prefer something, that's what I'll call you. I don't care why, I won't ask cause that's rude.

Seriously, take a chill pill.

Then what on earth are you talking about? Whose reactions here were unreasonable, then? If people keep misconstruing you maybe that's sign you need to be more clear!

I don't see how I could be more clear. If you want to see people overreacting look at the other threads where things have derailed here. I suggest the New York one.

I don't see how I could be more clear. If you want to see people overreacting look at the other threads where things have derailed here. I suggest the New York one.

>.> Yes, I read that. Yes, I read all your posts, more than once over, in fact. But I still can't figure out what you're trying to say...

I will now attempt to dissect your posts so maybe you'd understand why I'm confused. Or maybe I'd figure out what you're saying. Who knows.

Ok, instead putting people in categories, we make it simple. You're trans? SO? OK what do you prefer? OK! That's what I'll say. Ha who needs overly complicated and new person confusing terms when you can just tell people what you want to be called and then just run with it! Is that so hard?

So you're saying that you don't like special pronouns and don't think they should be used because they're annoying and confusing. Okay.

A problem with this logic is that when you see someone you don't know from far away or something and can't judge what pronoun the person would prefer, it'd be a lot easier if some sort of gender-neutral pronoun existed. Also, for people who haven't came out yet, they'd feel a lot more comfortable if people refer to them with some gender-neutral pronoun.

Okay, people have been asking me what I thought was confusing. Thing is, I never said... at least I don't think so, but I'm sure someone will correct me... that I was confused. I said it was confusing, though I understand.

o.o But you just said that special new pronouns are confusing?

Thing is I don't see why we need special pronouns for people. I understand why people like them and prefer them, but right now I don't think the world is ready for something like that.

Okay, I get this. You understand that some people want special pronouns, but you don't think we should use them. This is clear. Got it.

Right now we live in a very black and white world. True there are more shades of grey showing up, but not enough so to make a difference.
You can use your special pronouns and terms, but don't expect everyone in the world to rush to your side and start using them. These terms are 'new' and aren't official in any sense.

Yeah, we understand that a lot of people in this world aren't as nice and accepting of non-cis people as people on TCoD are. Not sure what point you're trying to make with this though: are you saying that we shouldn't use special pronouns because nobody else will use them? But I thought you just said that we shouldn't use them because they're confusing? If that's what you're saying, then you're using bad logic right here (see: opal's post).

If that's not the point you're trying to make, I have no idea what you're trying to say here...

Look if you want to be called a 'him', 'her', 'them', 'it', 'eir', or even 'suprememasterofallthings' I seriously don't give a fuck why, and I'll call you that. But when people get SO offensive about a person who a) doesn't care b) doesn't care to care c)disagrees and would rather have things 'normal' that seriously pisses me off. And a lot of people feel the same way.

So wait, the reason you don't like special pronouns is because people get super pissed off when people don't use them? But I thought you just stated that you don't want to use special pronouns because most of the world doesn't want to? I'm confused. Why point are you trying to make about special pronouns here?

I also never said I rejected ANYTHING. You need to read through the post. I said you want to be called something, or prefer something, that's what I'll call you. I don't care why, I won't ask cause that's rude.

...But you did! You just said that you don't want to use special pronouns for people (even though you'd use them if people want you to). That's rejecting special pronouns.

So yeah. I'm extremely confused. Please clarify.

... I'm not confused by the pronouns, but a lot of people are, that's what I'm saying. And certain people blow their caps off because people use the wrong pronouns. I mean some people can literally be bitches about this. They are annoying because they are being bitches, and people can see that and it makes others, like on a forum, look silly.

Last edited:
Honestly, we already have three perfectly good pronouns (he, she, they, and their other forms) so I don't see why we need to add more to the mix.

Honestly, we already have three perfectly good pronouns (he, she, they, and their other forms) so I don't see why we need to add more to the mix.
Yes, continue telling other people what's perfectly good for them! We really appreciate it and by that I mean no we don't.

^Good example of people making a mountain out of an ant hill.

How do you expect people to react? Someone comes into a thread and says "I have no idea why we need more pronouns" when the entire thread has been about why we need more pronouns? "Oh, right, sorry, never mind then"? Honestly, people are allowed to be annoyed in the face of thoughtless apathy.

... I'm not confused by the pronouns, but a lot of people are, that's what I'm saying. And certain people blow their caps off because people use the wrong pronouns. I mean some people can literally be bitches about this. They are annoying because they are being bitches, and people can see that and it makes others, like on a forum, look silly.

But you still haven't answered my question :( Why do you think that we should not have new special pronouns? Is it because people get really angry over it?

I completely agree with this.
It doesn't make sense to me how we would need more pronouns.

Have you read the thread?

Okay, let's try and get this thread back on track. Can you guys state unequivocally why you think we don't need more pronouns? No one seems to have answered this directly (other than to say 'the ones we have are enough', to which I say, 'read the thread and tell me that again').

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom