• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

General Sprite Contest

Suggestions for next contest:

-Free splice. Simple, but whatever.
-Scratch an existing Pokemon
-Cutest/strongest/best fakemon contest

Well, it's better than no rules, like the last contest.

Do you want something more specific? Like recoloring/scratch-editing a pokemon to matck a theme? People could use there creativity to somehow match the theme- "disco dance party" or something?

No, I'm pretty sure no theme > a boring theme.

Disco might be neat, but find a judge for it.

I'm sure SOMEONE who can't scratch will volunteer... I need some more crit for my scratchwork, because apparently I did it way wrong last time...

The art style. Like the difference between a picture by Pablo Picasso and Leonardo Da Vinci. They're different styles, and like art, two styles in one sprite don't go well.

you mean on my sprite?

OK, I get it now. I thought you were talking about something else. I understand what I did wrong on the sprite.

yeah, you can scratch stuff on the disco contest.

Any judges?

I'll judge, as long as I can enter too...

Put together whatever contest you think would work out and I guess I'll... add it to the first post or something. [shrug]

MY SPRITE WAS SO AWESOME IT COULDN'T HANDLE A RATING.

xP Naw, I see where you're coming from. I took a chance and it didn't turn out too well, and thanks for being polite about it.

For the next theme we should scratch enemies from other games in D/P style. c: With the size limits and color restriction and everything.

Third place?! Awesome! I didn't think I'd do that well.
How exactly would it work with multiple judges? Would one person judge some, and another judge the rest, or what?

As I remember, anybody can judge a set of sprites, as long as they aren't entered themself, or if someone else says they will first. I don't know.

Even though the contest is over, I fixed the sprite. 6/10 isn't all that bad, considering how many problems it had. I'm entering again in the next one unless it's scratch sprites because I'm horrible at that. I don't care what the theme is, really. Maybe making a new evolution of an existing Pokemon? actually, that's pretty boring too..

Yayy 8.5~ I think your rating on the ghost rapidash was a leeeetle harsh, especially because you gave the Gallade recolor a 7.5. But that's just me.

I'd like to judge the next contest, whatever it may be. |D

How about a contest to turn a Pokemon into a real animal? Like the one it's based on. Because most people here are mortally afraid of scratching but if you tell them they're editing a base sprite they won't think twice about it.

The Gallade recolour looked mostly okay, though, while the ghost rapidash irritated me a lot. :/ But my numerical ratings are kind of... pulled out of my ass really so. [shrug] You're probably right, yeah.

Yeah, anyone can judge, but you probably shouldn't if you entered and it's also probably a bad idea to do it if someone says they will and it's been less than a day or two after sprite collecting.

Sure, Involuntary Twitch. JUDGE WHATEVER I also don't care if multiple people want random themes. And not even necessarily the same theme. I don't care about the existence of other contests: I just don't want a ton of threads in the sprite forum about contests.

FEEL FREE TO USE THIS THREAD FOR WHATEVER, GUYS. REALLY.

Thanks for the criticism, I'll work harder on my scratching & shading skills. However, I'm confused at what you mean by 'buh @ giant hole where butt should be'. Could you please elaborate?

Back
Top Bottom