• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Gijinka City (actual RP)

NightGhost

I walk this lonely road
The City was a peaceful place, full of the Gijinka's and sometimes a few wild pokemon. Humans never went near this town as they were quite unsure of how to react to these creatures.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Melony walked along the road and hummed to herself, she was a musician of this town. She was skilled in all types of music but oddly enough preferred to DJ then classical. She sat at a bench and relaxed as she watched the clouds go by and happily hummed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ace walked toward the town center to check the bulletin board, he was new to this town and needed a job. He read through the list and saw that a shop needed a manager, a Blacksmith shop. He smiled happily, he was a great weapons crafter and decided to head over there to talk to the owner.

Tesse woke up to a loud beeping. Was that her alarm clock? She got dressed and exited the backroom of the café, hoping it wasn't. Tesse's hopes were fufilled: the large clock in the main working area said 6:58. The beeping was coming from a large oven in the center, where the clumsy Spinda gijinka was taking out some cookies. She wasn't working early shift from 7:00 to 7:30, so Tesse decided to go check out the local inn. She'd heard that it was accepting tenants but wasn't sure it was true.
She jogged along and stopped at the doors to the Leon Inn. It was already 7:13. I'd better hurry so I can make it back to the café by late breakfast shift... she thought.

--

Kai had already been up for a while. He was used to getting up at 5:30 to prepare for breakfast. He had cooked all the breakfast menu items. By the time gijinkas started milling around the entrance, Kai had already cooked everything and was just getting out the last batch of sugar cookies for the day. He didn't really have anything to do except sit and daydream while the customers filed in for early shift; late shift he would cook for lunch.
His mind wandered off. He daydreamed for around five minutes, and then one of the gijinkas working early shift hollered at him for not making enough Apricorn waffles, so he made some Apricorn waffles, and then he daydreamed some more. It was already 7:13 when the next holler came.

Saki, meanwhile was inside, cleaning up the lobby. Doing her best to clean. She had just finished dusting-albeit it was a sub-par job-and had started to organize the front desk.

Mazan, meanwhile, had just breezed down the stairs, his hair a little messy, and his clothes not smoothed.
"Your going out like that Maza?"
"Why not Saki?" Retorted the blond headed adult.
"Well...Your kind of a mess."
"It'll be fine," Mazan said, in an attempt to get Saki off his back. Rushing out side he slammed straight into Tesse. "O-oh Uhhhhh...Whoops!"

A messily-dressed blond Ampharos gijinka slammed into Tesse's side with a "Whoops!". It stung a little but wasn't enough to knock the wind out of her. She paused for a second, then asked him whether or not the inn was accepting tenants: he was an employee, right?

--

Kai, meanwhile, was still sitting boredly on his stool besides the oven. He checked the clock; it was 7:19. The late shift workers should start getting ready, huh? he thought. That means I should start making lunch sandwiches...

"Oh a tenant!? You should ask Ms. Saki! She right over there!" Mazan said pointing to Saki, who was in battle with a water stain. "Pardon me but I hafta go!" The blond Ampharos Gijinka rushes past Tesse, heading off to the unknown.

He had infact actually been heading towards the Bakery. Mazan jogged for a few minutes, cooming upon the fresh smell of bread. He open the door and said hello, before noticing the Spinda Gijinka.

"You should ask Ms. Saki!" the gijinka said, before rushing off in the direction of the bakery. Tesse looked at him, then approached the only other person in the lobby, apparently Ms. Saki, who was also a human. Not a gijinka. Weird... Not usually many people 'round these parts. "Are you renting living quarters here? Like, for tenants?" she said.
Then she saw the clock. It was pretty impressive, made of some sort of metal she couldn't identify, and with little precise marks for the hours and minutes. But she wasn't looking to examine the intricacies of the design, she was looking to check the time. And she was late. 7:56... crap. Wonder how the caf's doing without me?

--

Most of the people in the bakery had already cleared out. It was 7:56; wherever she was, the Umbreon gijinka that worked late shift breakfast was long late. Kai sighed. He had worked the counter for most of late shift so he'd have to make the sandwiches after breakfast was over. He drummed his fingers on the counter while the bread was toasting for the lunch sandwiches. The toaster dinged, and he went back and wrapped the sandwich.
The bell chimed as someone came in; his back was still turned. Kai turned around. He recognized him as Mazan, an occasional visitor who worked at the inn. "Hello, Mazan," said Kai. "You're a late one, bakery's going to close for breakfast soon, just a heads-up. Do you want something? There isn't much left, but we've still got some Apricorn waffles and Pecha pancakes..."

Ace had arrived at the Blacksmith Shop at about 7:30 or so and knocked. After a few seconds a machamp gijinka opened up, he smiled, "Ello there fella, whatcha need?" he asked heartily, with a Scottish accent. "I heard you needed a blacksmith manager," Ace said and the man nodded and waved him in to talk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Melony had decided she wanted to visit the part and walked sown the sidewalk, hamnds in pocket as she hummed. She lightly kicked a pebble as she walked and would occasionally look up to be sure she wasn't gonna run into another gijinka or something.

Saki:Leon inn
"Oh-oh! Your here for a room!?"
yesyesyesyesyes! Someone other than Mazan is here! Finally! We were almost in the red. phew!... Saki kinda went out of it for a moment, lost in her thought before remembering the Gijinka.
"Sure! We have a few room open..."

-------------
Mazan-Bakery
"Dang, I missed the Oran muffins again? Those things are like hotcakes...except that they sell even better than them." Mazan, sigh defeated. "Since I guess morning breads a no-go, when will the lunch stuff be ready?"

(It starts with Tesse, then alternates between her and Kai.)

"Okay... I have to go. You can find me at the bakery, ask for Tesse," she said. Tesse rushed back to the bakery, almost bumping into a strolling Meloetta gijinka who looked up at the last second.

--

"Dang, I missed the Oran muffins again?" Mazan said.
"Yup... Sorry. There'll be some more for lunch," said Kai.
"When will the lunch stuff be ready?"
"Wait maybe three and a half hours, I guess."
Just then, the Umbreon gijinka came in.
"Where the heck were you?!" shouted Kai.

--

The Spinda gijinka exploded at her. Tesse recognized the Ampharos gijinka, and thanked him for pointing her to Ms. Saki. Then she turned to Kai:
"Well, I lost track of time... and then I came running back here. Sorry!" Only half a lie.

--

"Hmph... Excuses. I don't really care, but don't let it happen again!" glowered Kai. "Now you'll have to help me make the lunch stuff!" He would have to make the Oran muffins... And all the berry and apricorn sandwiches and also the fresh bread...
Kai sighed. There was a long day ahead of him.

--

Tesse sighed as Kai explained everything about making the lunch food near the ovens; the Ampharos gijinka ("Mazan") had already left. She wasn't used to cooking, just working the counter. It was technically his turn to work the early lunch counter, but she said she'd do it for him. "A miss for a miss, huh?"

--

They were together a third of the workforce at the small bakery, two workers out of the six diligent ones who minded the counter and cooked, so they could make up stuff like that. Kai paused for a second, then nodded. "Hm, fine. Now get me some Oran berries for the muffins. First you add the flour, then the egg, then you whisk..."

Saki was rather disturbed by the sudden appearance of the black haired Woman, but decided to continue cleaning.

Meanwhile Mazan started to head back to the Inn.

INSERT SOUNDS OF TIME PASSING (is this allowed)

It was lunchtime. And Tesse was working the counter. She sighed; It was a little boring, what with the lack of people during early lunch. In fifteen minutes, half of the early shift, there had been just two visitors: a Milotic gijinka who ate a sandwich, and a Chatot gijinka who bought a roll of bread and left.

--

Kai wondered where Mazan was, as he'd told him to come back if he wanted any Oran muffins. There was still a fresh tray, but right now he was making bread rolls for after lunch, when gijinkas came to eat, talk, and laugh over delicious Organic Cornn-Flour Rolls.
The dough was made from organic Cornn berry plants, whose dry leaves and flesh were dehydrated (for around only 15 minutes, being naturally dry), crushed, and made into flour. Other ingredients would be added to the flour and whisked. Then it would be kneaded into the shape of a roll and baked.
How did Kai know all this? He was doing it: the bakery took pride in their manually-made, manually-grown foods. He whisked until the dry dough was orange-yellow with a purplish tinge, the natural color, then kneaded, and finally set the tray with the rolls on it in the oven.
Two more batches... Ugh, I'll have to cook all afternoon.

Melony had been sitting on a park bench playing a grass flute happily as nearby wild pokemon relaxed to the sounds of her sweet melody. She was very fond of nature and enjoyed being alone out here, so calm and quiet.

~~~~

Ace was just finishing up cleaning and smiled around the shop, a small dagger lay on the counter, that was a memento. He had made that Dagger by hand just in an hour to impress the Owner in order to become manager, now he was! He waited behind the desk for any potential costumers who may need metalwork.

... Okay, so apparently INSERT SOUNDS OF TIME PASSING is NOT allowed. So, NightGhost, I'd like to go back to "Meanwhile Mazan started to head back to the inn." is this okay?

Tesse sighed and watched the second hand on the clock tick by. She was helping Kai make the sandwiches for lunch. Which meant they had to toast bread. Which meant waiting. Not even three minutes in and I'm already bored? This is going to be a really long three hours...

--

The toaster Dinged. Kai placed the bread onto a plate and got a knife. He cut it in half and spread the bread with some Grepa and Rawst berry jam then made a sandwich. He wrapped the sandwich in plastic wrap, set it aside, and prepared another slice of bread to be toasted. rinse and repeat... he thought.

Saki had finished her battle with the dust and dirt in the inn. Exhausted, she made her way to the bath she had prepared for herself earlier. Once inside the bathroom, she undressed gingerly, folded her clothes and took a long hot bath.
That new possible tenant seemed nice, I wonder if she'll return? What was her name...Umm...I can't remember, did she even say it? Anyway it seems...

--------------
Mazan had exited the bakery after the devastating news, involving a loss or Oran Muffins. Sighing, the bummed out Gijinka headed towards the park. Today was his day off, and he was going to enjoy it.

Jayden had woken up to find her room shrouded in darkness, but sunshine right in her face through the window. She had picked up her alarm clock that either didn't go off, or she didn't set it.
"Geez, it's getting really late!" she shouted. She wiped her eyes, got dressed, and brushed her hair. She didn't bother to eat breakfast. Jayden ran out the door of her apartment and bolted to her brand new art studio. She was quite new to the city.
"What do i do...I'm getting hungry. Can't draw on an empty stomach.." she said to herself. Jayden checked her wallet. It had 1000 Poke in it. She grabbed 500, put the rest in her purse, and headed to the cafe.

Tick tick tick tick... Tesse watched the mechanical motion of the second hand on the clock. She heard the toaster ding, heard Kai preprae another sandwich. Tick tick tick, tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. She sighed. Her stomach growled. that's right, I haven't eaten anything since I got up... I'll wait til lunch to eat something

--

Kai masterfully (well, pretty clumsily) prepared yet another sandwich, then slapped his face. "Oh darn, forgot to put up the Closed sign! Well I guess someone else will do it. But most of the people 'round here know when the hours are, I guess..." He sighed. Back to rinsing and repeating. Eleven times now. Thirty-nine more. Eleven. Thirty-nine. Tick, tick, tick.
Eleven thirty nine tick tick ten one three ten nine tick one tick two tick three eleven ten plus one is eleven thirty-nine ding ding toaster one tick tick tick take bread out twelve is ten plus two yes tick tick thirty plus eight now that's three tens and an eight which is three times twelve plus two so three times ten-two plus two tick tick tick more bread tick ding goes the toaster one more sandwich...

--

Kai seemed to be lost in his own world after telling her that the Closed sign wasn't up. Tesse went out to put it up, but thought better of it and went back to the back where Kai was making more sandwiches (the total was thirteen now, unlucky) in that mechanical manner of his. He was still daydreaming, she guessed, better not disturb him. Oh wait, where's the recipe book... There it is, page thirty-seven, Oran Muffins. Ugh, the page is stuck. I'll go tell Kai once we're done making sandwiches. It was her first time cooking and she was a little frazzled. Tesse sighed and went back to watching Kai.

--

tick tick goes the clock ding ding goes the toaster up down thirteen right now thirteen is an unlucky number one more than twelve twelve is good tick tick now fourteen seven times two which is good because seven is lucky... tick ding tick one two three...

Jayden walked in, not sure if the cafe was closed, as there was no Closed sign up. She knocked on the door.
"hello? is the cafe open?" she asked.
Hopefully it is..she thought to herself. I don't know squat about this town, or the people, or the places... She noticed someone at the counter.
"Hello?" asked Jayden.

Tesse whipped around at a knocking sound. It was a Gengar gijinka, one she hadn't seen before. "Forgot to put up the closed sign... Sorry the cafe's closed. Come back in like three hours or so?"

--

Kai snapped out of his trance and looked up. Tesse was telling a Gengar gijinka that the cafe was closed. "Thanks Tesse..." he mumbled.
"Sorry about that," he said to the Gengar gijinka. "If you want to know the hours, this place is open for breakfast seven to eight, for lunch 11:30 to one. Also it's open from five to 6:30 for a general lunch/dinner eating snacky tea thing? Come back later."

Back
Top Bottom