• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Give me words

Xenogenic (Adj.): Completely different from the parent or creator.

Pulchritudinous (Adj.): Beautiful.

Brobdingnagian (Adj.): Big.

Disambiguate (Verb): To explain.

Pandemonium (Noun): Uproar.

Pandiculation (Noun): Act of yawning.

Antediluvian (Adj.): Old.

Latericeous (Adj.): Brick-red.

Septuagenarian (Noun): Between 70 and 80 year-old.

Superannuated (Adj.): Obsolete.

Verisimilitude (Noun): Probability.

Furfuraceous - Of or covered in scaly particles, such as dandruff or bran.

It sounds like something to do with kittens.

Ethology - (1) study of animal behavior (2) what blastoise wants to do when he grows up

I'll assume you know prestidigitation? And petrichor? And incorrigible?

Rancor is a word for anger, malice, etc., and also apparently that big guy from Star Wars. Hmm.

Soporific means able to put to sleep/something that induces sleep.

The first is the idea that church and state should be separate

What? No it isn't. It's a movement opposed to the separation of the Anglican Church from the Roman Catholic Church.

Anyway, might I suggest common words with rarer uses? I particularly like 'intimate' as a verb (to suggest, to imply).

What? No it isn't. It's a movement opposed to the separation of the Anglican Church from the Roman Catholic Church.

Oh well whoops :V I got my definition from an online dictionary a while ago so yeah, probably not the most reliable source. or maybe I just can't read

Recalcitrant - obstinate, stubborn.
Flother - an obscure term for snowflake, only used once in the written English language (but isn't it beautiful?)
Aurulent - golden in color.
Roil - to rile something up (rile is actually a different pronunciation of roil)

defenestration: the act of throwing something/someone out of a window
floccinaucinihilipilification: the estimation of something as valueless

Yeah that's all I got :C sorry for not being helpful

Ferrule-the metal band on a pencil that holds the eraser in place
Purlicue-the space between the extended forefinger and thumb
Zarf-a holder,usually made out of ornamental metal,used for a coffee cup without a handle
Rowl- the spinning metal star found on the back of a cowboy's spur

herp derp

SUPERCALAFRAGILISTICESPIALADOCIOUS!

Definition~ The word you say when you don't know what to say, =P

It happens to be one of my favorite words. I love the look on peoples faces when you tell them to go defenestrate themselves.

same x3 one of my favorite youtube personalities once said something like "If you don't believe me, you'll be defenestrated. And most viewers will be like 'Ew, that's disgusting, why would you say that!1' cause they don't know what the hell it means."

i also once took great pains to find a way to work defenestrated into a song I was writing and make it rhyme. i can't remember for the life of me what I got it to rhyme with but it worked. somehow.

also, res: ever played the game hobble-de-hoy? it's a game my friend owns, basically there's a book of ridiculously obscure English words and one person is going to pick a word while the rest of the players write down what they think it means and the person who picked the word writes down the actual definition, then you throw them all into a pile and vote on which definition you think is correct.

i fail to remember the actual words but I distinctly remember coming across words meaning "living on a diet of onions" and "the space between the bed and the wall".

I can't find this hobble-de-hoy with google and I've never heard of it. so no, I don't think so.

really o.O i would think it would at least show up on google or something, unless it's ridiculously super obscure in which case i question why my friend has it

but it definitely exists

Back
Top Bottom