• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

"GODDAMN X!"

Thorne

It's feeding time
Is the thread title misleading?

Anyway, we've all experienced this while playing our video games. It can be a boss, a regular enemy, a level, a sidequest. But whatever it is...

It's GODDAMN ANNOYING.

Whatever this thing is, it is nothing but annoying. It's not hard, nor tricky, it is just plain annoying.

Now the point of this whole whole thread is to give you a chance to share your aggression by telling us what made you literally shout "GODDAMN X!"

I'll start the thread off with something from the Pokémon franchise, namely Miruhog. These goddamn rodents are fairly fast and gain three primary annoyance moves, namely Confuse Ray, Hypnosis and Super Fang. And since the CPU is a cheating bastard, their Hypnosis is guaranteed to always hit. In addition they are very common and appear rather early in the game.
They don't even give a significant amount of EXP, either.

The freaking Leechgrave from KH 358/2 Days. I had to get the Aubade, power it up to the maximum strength, have a crapton of Potions, use Fire magic, and not get killed. Half the time, it'll stay still, but then, while you're attacking it, it'll kill you in one hit!

OH NO, LUCY, YOUR FATHER IS DEAD.

WAAAAAH. I MUST HONOR HIS MEMORY BY BAKING HIM A CAKE AND DOING RANDOM SHIT WITH MY TEDDY BEAR.

YOU'RE THE MEANING IN MY LIFE. YOU'RE THE INSPIRAAAAAAAATION.

Fuck that song.

I don't think anything in a video game has ever made me scream out "Goddamn insert-something-here!"...

Though there was that one time when I was... maybe 12 or 13 years old, playing Pokémon Pinball, when I blurted out "Stupid Vulpix!" loud enough to frighten my mom.

I was re-playing Super Mario Sunshine a few months ago. Bloody Corona Mountain is a huge bitch, especially that little boat ride. I am so glad they give you so many 1up mushrooms in that level. Then you get that piss-easy final boss after that so it's barely even worth having to endure that level :| /rages like a two-year-old
Then there's most of those levels where you don't have FLUDD. You accidentally jump a tiny bit too far to the left and you can't even save yourself.

Battling the Egg Golem in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle was really hard too, only because for some reason I'd tap A and half the time Sonic would do a homing attack instead of jump.

The deathclaws from Fallout 3. God, they're annoying as hell. They do tons of damage and destroy your armour and pounce on you and won't leave you alone and URGHHH.
Also, FUCKING FIRE ANTS. GAH. I was unfortunate enough to come across them not long after I first started out and they completely slaughtered me. Even when I came back later on to get revenge (with tons of ammo) they still give me trouble. If only I was flame proof. I normally love bugs, but these are definitely an exception.

Oh, and yamata dragon from the Yu-gi-oh 2007 championship game for the DS. He has a ridiculous amount of annoying traps and Tyrant Dragon is a pain. I don't know why the hell he's only level 3. And of course, I didn't get cards that would be extremely helpful against him, like Mirage Dragon and Winged Rhynos, until later in the game. Figures.

Last edited:
The goddamn keese in nearly every Legend of Zelda game. They rarely drop items, and although they don't do much damage, they can swarm. And sometimes they're on fire, or infused with cold energy, and you can't kill them with a sword. The only good thing about them is that you can take them out fairly easy with the clawshot.

anytime I am playing Halo: Reach.

anyone with a jetpack is instantly and forever labeled "the douchebag with the jetpack" and pretty much anything will send me spiraling into GOD DAMN IT WHAT THE FUCK THAT FUCKER HAD A SHOTGUN I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE GOD DAMN IT GOD DAMN IT

fucking creepers

go away and take your goddamn SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS somewhere else

Woah, did I manage to say that the "You're the Inspiration" scenario in Elite Beat Agents is a boring piece of shit and not recieve a single flame?

I was re-playing Super Mario Sunshine a few months ago. Bloody Corona Mountain is a huge bitch, especially that little boat ride. I am so glad they give you so many 1up mushrooms in that level. Then you get that piss-easy final boss after that so it's barely even worth having to endure that level :| /rages like a two-year-old
Then there's most of those levels where you don't have FLUDD. You accidentally jump a tiny bit too far to the left and you can't even save yourself.

fucking creepers

go away and take your goddamn SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS somewhere else

This and this basically. Oh and blue shells right before the finish line, every single race. Or 3 in one lap.

In a literal example, any one of the Core-X Parasites from Metroid Fusion. These demonic spiders are basically the second form of every boss in the game, and they get really fricken annoying after a while almost instantly. For one thing, the normal ones are fast, and they deal a shitload of damage to the touch. Then there's the Beam Core-X. These buggers are much slower, albeit still dealing aforementioned shitload of damage to the touch, except they also have the innate ability to shoot back at you with a beam that is one upgrade stronger than your current one. Yes, Core-X Parasites are so bad that the developers beefed up the size of one by like six times and made it a boss. And guess what its second form is?

Woah, did I manage to say that the "You're the Inspiration" scenario in Elite Beat Agents is a boring piece of shit and not recieve a single flame?

I agree, actually, although that story itself was quite nice. What was definitely worse than that was the final song.

In a literal example, any one of the Core-X Parasites from Metroid Fusion. These demonic spiders are basically the second form of every boss in the game, and they get really fricken annoying after a while almost instantly. For one thing, the normal ones are fast, and they deal a shitload of damage to the touch. Then there's the Beam Core-X. These buggers are much slower, albeit still dealing aforementioned shitload of damage to the touch, except they also have the innate ability to shoot back at you with a beam that is one upgrade stronger than your current one. Yes, Core-X Parasites are so bad that the developers beefed up the size of one by like six times and made it a boss. And guess what its second form is?

Most of the Core-X Parasites aren't half as bad as some of their first forms.

YAKUZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The third battle with Barbatos in Tales of Destiny 2.

It's honestly already one thing that he punishes you in Destiny 2 with an instant spell that gives you no time to dodge, or block, for using a recovery item of any kind, but that third time you battle him...

Well, christfuck. Not only does he punish you for using items, he starts punishing you for casting healing spells, and when he's got about 12,000 HP left, he'll start punishing ANYONE who casts even attack spells, rendering pretty much your whole party, aside from Kyle, and maybe Judas completely useless (I don't mention Loni because of his horrid accuracy).

It's almost like they DON'T want you to beat him, because it's impossible to get him to stagger with melee attacks, and he only takes 10~20 damage when not in stagger.

Oh, and did I mention? He starts spamming Genocide Braver at about 10,000 HP, so you'll be doing a lot more running and dodging than fighting.

I agree, actually, although that story itself was quite nice. What was definitely worse than that was the final song.

Eh, I thought they were just trying too hard. Like, really, I've gotten all Xs and failed the song multiple times and it's not depressing or heart-warming. It's just... there.

Jumpin' Jack Flash is ridiculously difficult on Sweatin' (haven't gotten that far on Hard Rock yet), but it's the final boss. What did you expect? It's pretty fun, though.

While we're on the topic of EBA/Ouendan: Spinners. Evil or evil?

Back
Top Bottom