• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

G/S/C Gold not working?

Ninja Chatot

Alright, so I just recently got my Gold. I hadn't played in a while, so I went to play today. When I started it up, it said New Game instead of continue. I thought, "No biggie, I'll start over."

I did that. I save and turn off, and I come back a few hours later. It made me start a new game again. Can anyone tell me what happened and how to fix it?

Bubapedia said:
Copies of Pokémon Gold and Silver typically lose the ability to save after a period of about seven years, due to the internal battery running dry (this is due to the constantly-running clock). However, the battery is replaceable with another one of the same kind, although replacing it will reset the game's data.
  • One sign that it will soon lose the ability to save is that the game will not keep track of the time correctly while the game is not being played.

sounds like the internal battery has run dry. :C I know you can replace them, but I don't know where you'd get them or how to do it, so you're probably better off googling.

Doesn't the internal battery recharge while the game is running or something? I want to remember that I read that somewhere... You'd eat a lot of batteries that way trying to do that for a Gameboy Color game, though.

I lost all my GBC games before this ever became a problem for me. I did find this guide for replacing the battery, though. (Unless you just like being able to carry the game with you though, you'd probably be better off with an emulator at this point, or waiting for Heartgold)

Dang. Well, thanks for the help. Alraunne, thank so so much for the guide! I'm going to try it, I can't wait for Heart Gold to come out. I just have to play Johto from the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom