• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Green Hills and Blue Skies

Of all the ways to wake up, Fletcher had just learned that air-horns were his least favourite. He'd have to get his Pokémon to 'accidentally' melt it into a viscous goo. Still, he had slept more soundly than he did most nights, and so he performed the morning rituals (two getting dressed, two minutes brushing teeth, five minutes on his hair) with little difficulty. He released his Pokémon, reasoning that if he was awake at this hour, they should be too, and only when he saw the Litwick in front of him did he realise he had forgotten Snub's previous disposition.

He froze, tense, wary of the Litwick attacking him again, but there was no anger in it, only a terrible lack of energy. Of course, it hadn't eaten anything yesterday, that he could remember. He opened the part of his pack not devoted to clothes and hair-products (easily the smaller side) and fished out some Pokémon food. The Litwick devoured it so quickly he was done by the time Fletcher had put on his shoes. Snub smiled happily, as if all memories of the day before were forgotten. Fletcher remembered his usual morose state, and hoped the Pokémon didn't slip back into it.

His other Pokémon were all barely awake-except for Dozer, who was sound asleep.

He snorted and figured it was best to let them wake in their own time.

He walked over to Kiara and Alex with a wave of welcome.

~Alex

Alex chuckled amusedly to himself when he saw the reactions of his new freinds as they woke. Alex quickly replied to Atem,

"So? Everyone shuld be awake by now!" Alex knew that he wouldn't be doing this often, else everyone else would likely begin resenting him for it. Alex put the air-horn in his bag and shouldered it over his right shoulder, allowing it to rest on his left side. Ezaia was laughing to herself, the reactions of everyone to the air-horn, as well as the air-horn itself was more amusing to the infintile Riolu than it was to Alex. Alex sniffed slightly, his nose being slightly stuffed, and replied to Kiara, "Now, we make our way downstairs to the lobby, and out to the eastern edge of the city."

And with that, Alex made his way out of the room, and down the stairs, Ezaia still giggling as she sat upon his shoulders.

Kiara stopped suddenly, while observing Fletcher's Litwick eating hastily. How could she had been so blind? Her Pokemon desperately needed to eat too. But she couldn't bring all her Pokemon out in this room. So Kiara swiftly walked down in the lobby and went outside, and she sent out all of her Pokemon.

Searching in her bag, she found six packs of Pokemon Food, much like the ones Fletcher had. She fed one pack to each of her Pokemon; one to Timmy, one to Lucy, one to Xena, one to Windswept, one to Sunny, and one to Cassie. Kiara knew that Professor Elm would feed Umbra regularly, so she didn't worry about Umbra. When all six finished eating, she returned Timmy, Sunny, and Lucy back into their Pokeballs. When she was about to return Cassie, Cassie shook her head.

"You want to stay out of your Pokeball for now?" Kiara asked Cassie.

Cassie nodded her Ponyta head, and she galloped next to Kiara. Cassie bent down and looked at Kiara, signalling for Kiara to get on.

Reluctantly, Kiara climbed on Cassie and Cassie galloped around. Both Cassie and Kiara smiled at each other. Windswept and Xena climbed over Cassie and sat on both of Kiara's shoulders.

Kiara awaited for the others to come outside.

Cassy was down to drawing circles on her table with her finger. Clu was laying on the table eagerly matching the movements of her finger with his head. Around now, Cassy was drifting in and out of sleep. She had been getting up pretty early for quite a few months now, but it was during this long wait that she usually caught up on her sleep. She never wanted to fall asleep at the table, but she couldn't really help it. The lobby was always so warm, and with everything as boring as it was, sleeping was essentially the only thing she could do.

A blonde-haired girl came downstairs, and Cassy only looked at her from the side. The girl went out, and let a few Pokemon out, and Cassy could see through the glass door as the girl fed each one, returned them, then went for a ride on the Ponyta. She made a puffing noise with her lips and shifted her gaze to the wall opposite the door. Just another girl, it looked like. Too many people who were all too ordinary. Clu let her scratch behind his ear. He was almost as tired as she was.

She looked back out the door at the girl on the Ponyta. She found her need for the extraordinary almost a curse. Boring people drained her of motivation, and at first glance, this girl seemed boring. But then, most people were when they were by themselves. This girl probably had friends, friends that might make her interesting, but right now, she was just a girl riding in stupid circles on her Ponyta. So Cassy decided to force herself to stay awake. The girl would already be galloping away if she was alone. She must be waiting on friends. Cassy would wait to judge how interesting she really was until they showed up.

Kiara was still smiling at her Ponyta until she saw a girl looking at her from inside the lobby. Feeling kind of awkward at this, Kiara hopped off her Ponyta. Kiara told it to stay there for a moment, as well as Windswept and Xena too. She then she walked in the lobby and towards the girl.

"Umm, hi there...?" Kiara said to the girl.

~Alex

Alex ended up sliding down the handrail of the stairs and landing easily into the lobby, only to have essentially no one notice, much to his pleasure. As much as he was hyper and somewhat overkill with some of his antics, he actually prefered not drawing attention to them. Ezaia however was still giggling excessively, and nearly fell off of Alex's shoulders. Alex smiled happily, he enjoyed Ezaia's happiness, primarily because she unwittingly radiated her happy feelings through aura 'ripples', but the strength of these ripples disappated after only a couple feet, so few others actually felt it without being almost directly beside Alex.

Alex saw that Kiara had headed outside to feed her team, and soon ended up riding Cassie, her Ponyta. Alex found it a good thing that Kiara was getting along with her team, but was still disappointed in her treatment of the Umbra situation. Alex sat down at a table with only a young girl, and saw that she had noticed Kiara. Almost five seconds later Kiara re-entered the PokéCenter, adn had addressed the girl. Alex kept to himself, no sense in interupting to introduce, he could wait, mainly because he was playing with Ezaia's toes.

Cassy was just on the verge of sleep when she heard the door open. Reflexively, she sat up straighter and looked over, in hopes of something new. But it was just the girl with the Ponyta. She slumped over again in disappointment, but not so much as to be rude. The girl said, "hi," and Cassy let a smile spread across her face as she replied, "Hey there." Her smile quickly vanished when a strange boy sat down at her table. Maybe he was with the blonde girl.

But he didn't say anything, and seemed more like a spectator at the moment. "So," Cassy slapped on her table as she spun around in her chair to face the girl, a polite smile once again appearing. "I'm Cassidy Rivers. Or 'Cassy' if you're more for two syllables. Whatever works." Clue jumped off the table and into her lap, glowering at the two newcomers until Cassy distracted him with a scratch behind the ear. "I was just... Observing you. Not like there was much else to do around here. Hasn't been for god-knows-how-long. So, who are you two? You guys friends? Soul mates? Just a couple of pals on a journey?" She flipped her cap off the table and spun it around on her finger.

~Alex

Alex heard the girl ask him and Kiara together the same question, and out of habit, Alex responded beofre anyone else could.

"I'm Alex Kurohari, I'm from Holly Town. She's Kiara, and we just began our journey yesterday, we also have three other members of our travellign crew, Duncan, an eccentric and strange guy, Fletcher, a fairly cool dude, and Atem, a gothic girl with something to prove." Alex replied, taking a breath having said such a long sentence, "Nice to meet you Cassidy. Just so you know I'm gonna call you by your full name because the Ponyta you saw Kiara riding on is named Cassie, with an I E. And who might you be?" Alex had noticed the Shinx watching both him and Kiara, and reached down to pet him.

Alex went ahead and explained who they were and who else they had with them. Cassy's eyes switched to Kiara when Alex brought up the Ponyta's name. Personally, Cassy never liked Pokemon with human names, for this very reason. "Well..." She said, drumming her fingers on the table. "If that isn't a coincidence..."

When Alex reached over to pet Clu, Clu jumped back with a hiss, his fur sizzling and glowing with little sparks of electricity. It didn't hurt Cassy at all, since it was mainly just a visual display. A defense mechanism, or as Cassy called it, a peacock tactic. She just laughed at Clu's display, and calmed him down by pressing down on top of his head, forcing him to lay down. "This is Clu. He was a gift a while back. He... Takes a while to get used to people. Doesn't like people making sudden moves around me, either." She laughed again. She hushed him, and placed him on the table closer to Alex. Clu got the hint to play nice, but only sat and glared at Alex from the side.

~Alex

Alex chuckled to himself as the Shinx flinched and put up it's sparks.

"Yes well, people have their reasons for naming Pokémon the way they do, or perhaps not, if the name is too far out there, like this one, " Alex indicated Ezaia on top of his head, "Her name is Ezaia, but I'm not certain what it means, or why I named her that, it just seemed right at the time. Anyways, this is actually a surprisingly typical behaviour for young Shinx's, as they warm up to their trainer they become increasingly wary of others, something of a loyalty thing. I never found the idea of having a Shinx as a travelling companion as something that would suit me. Most of my team are actually bipedal, except for Arcade, but he's an awesome exception." Alex pulled up a PokéBall with a small green vertical strip from the button to the back, and tapped the button, letting out a small Nincada, who proceeded to scuttle bac and forth on the table, taking in all the sights around him.

"Arcade has a problem staying still, and thus will be an interesting Ninjask, but I look forward to the day. Clu looks as though he'll be quite adept at using physical attacks, more so than the average member of his species, I'd love to see him in battle, in fact a one-on-one between he and, say...Ezaia would be a fair way to test this. But the battle would have to wait for later, and thus you'd likely have to accompany us along the way. Now, where are those othe three?" Alex said, all while keeping hi s peripheral vision focused on the ADHD bug. Arcade stopped for a quick second to raise his left forelimb to greet Clu, whom he had never seen before.

"Fairly cool dude?" Fletcher joked, sliding into a sitting position at the table after a little while of observing their conversation. "You're underselling me atrociously, Alex." He knew that this passage of conversation was about a minute old, but it was the best time he felt to make an entrance. A Nincade was scuttling around whilst a Sphinx (what was the name? Shoe? Gru?) acted warily towards most everyone. He gave the Pokémon a curt nod, before addressing his owner.

"Hey, Cassy. I'm sure you're a lovely girl and all, so try not to take any of this personally."

He shifted in his seat and stared directly at Alex.
"Listen, Alex, I know you're really excited about this adventure, as am I, as we all are, but as eager as we can be to share the excitement with others, allowing new members into the group should be a group decision. I appreciate the help and leadership you're providing, because you're clearly the most experienced and it's insanely helpful to have you at the wheel. But a line needs to be drawn here. We should get to decide together. I know you haven't invited her yet in so many words, but you can't escape the definite implication in the ones you did speak.

Besides," he continued, now again addressing Cassy. "You could, for all we know, have all sorts of plans and such, as I expect you do. So, Cassy-or-Cassidy, what brings you to this Pokémon Center?"

Dink was chewing on a bit of his hair when he came down. He spat it out, and glanced back and forth between people as they talked. His eyes rested mostly on Fletcher during his long argument about new members. "Well, Fletcher," Dink said with a wry smile, "You have no veto power yourself, so if Alex has no say, and you have as much say as him, then it falls on the newcomer to decide whether or not they want to come. Food for thought." He picked at his teeth with a pinkie, and examined the new girl, Cassidy.

"I'm Dink. Duncan. Dink. Yes, those two. Or one. Who knows, anyhow?" A squelching sound was produced by his tongue rubbing the inside of his cheek. "Fletcher is just the type who likes to prove others wrong. I think he wants you along, but just felt like pulling up another point." He flicked a piece of lint away from his pocket, and ran his tongue over the front of his upper teeth.

Atem was the last of the group to head downstairs, solely because she wanted the scarce moments of time alone she would have to enjoy as much as she could. A strange, foreign feeling would bubble up inside her when she was around the others, though the Goth couldn't tell if it was a negative one or a positive one. In fact, it seemed to have a different approach to each member of the group. To Alex, Atem felt relatively nothing out of the norm, but did have the slightest bit of acceptance toward him. To Dink, she felt overall resentment and tried to not speak to him as much. Something about the weird little kid made Atem feel a bit uneasy, though she kept those feelings hidden away for the sake of the group. To Fletcher, the Goth had mixed feelings: one on hand, he seemed nice enough. But on the other, he had questioned her about her past, which always left her bitter. And as for Kiara, it was plain and simple: animistic distaste. Kiara had made a bad impression on Atem, specifically when the blonde asked her if she would take her Umbreon-colored Eevee off her hands because "she seemed to like Atem better." On top of that, the thought of trying to unravel unrealistic and generally impossible goals was just not logistic to her, so Kiara was not her favorite person at all.

However, the feeling she got when around the group as a whole was different. Agonizingly different. It was almost one of... striving to prove everything and more to them. Back when she teamed up with Fletcher against Kiara and Dink, it all came down to her decision if she was going to win the battle or lose it. She could've easily knocked out Dink's Crogunk with a simple Confusion or two, but she recalled Enigma before she got the chance. But that was out of honor. I wasn't about to go and boast over an unfair battle, Atem reasoned with herself, but her conscience was shouting back at her. It was something... more. Something she never experienced, not counting the times she was with Aerotté. There was simply no denying she had more than one reason. And she was deeply troubled not knowing what it was.

Taking short but elegant steps down the stairs, Atem glanced over at her teammates and an unknown girl sitting at a nearby table, apparently making small talk among each other. She felt herself audibly scoff when Alex told the other girl that she was "a gothic girl with something to prove." Atem was about to bark a snappy comeback just to justify her case, but she decided to let it slide as she reluctantly slid into a seat at the table with her "friends," if one were to consider the five anything of the sort. She barely heard Fletcher jump to the conclusion that Alex wanted that new girl to join. She glanced boredly at Dink as she rested her cheek in her palm, her blackened lips in a small frown. "Another?" she asked no one in particular, and her voice, for once, wasn't one in a scorning tone. It was instead in a flat, uninterested pitch she had previously used when she first laid eyes on her comrades, and in turn earned the nickname "Monotone" from Kiara.

Last edited:
Kiara was somewhat shocked at this coincidence of names, so she decided to call this new girl Cassidy. Kiara turned to Fletcher, Atem and Dink. "Fletcher, I DO agree it should be a group decision, however, like Dink said, it's up to Cassidy to decide if she wants to join or not. And Atem, I can see why you wouldn't want another person on this 'team', since it would be more of a hassle to maintain a larger group..."

Kiara then talked to no one in particular. "OK, so there are some advantages and disadvantages of having a new teammate. Having a new friend is an advantage, but it would result in a larger group, which is a disadvantage. Not to mention we don't know much about Cassidy here..."

Last edited:
Cassidy was almost overwhelmed by the sudden conversation floating around her. There was Alex, who seemed pretty lax by all standards, and Fletcher, who clearly never got beat up in school and needed a black eye or two, Duncan, who deeming "strange" wouldn't be enough, the gothic girl-Atem, if she remembered correctly-who seemed almost as bored as Cassidy, and Kiara... Well, for being the first one she'd met, Cassidy didn't have much of a first impression of her. But she seemed reasonable and nice enough.

"Well, I never said I was going with you guys. You, sir," She pointed a finger at Fletcher, hovering just in front of his face, "Made the first assumption. Alex spoke hypothetically, and you jumped to a conclusion." She switched her finger to Duncan. "And you followed suit." She leaned back in her chair, glancing at the gothic girl briefly, mainly at the ribbons holding her hair. She sighed.

"Since you're so concerned, Fletcher, I happen to live in Jubilife." She smiled at him. "I've been sitting in here every day until almost three in the afternoon for... Oh, who knows how many months. Nobody interests me enough to make me want to leave." Clu gave Cassy an angry glare. He didn't like these people. There were too many in too close a proximity to her.

She pulled him over to her lap. "But, seems like you're all... different. Maybe if I met each of you seperately, I would think you're just people, but I'm beginning to wonder how a group like you guys can even stand to be around each other. I'm actually pretty curious. So I think I will go with you. It sounds like fun! Who knows Fletcher, maybe one day, you'll be happy I came." She flipped up her messenger cap and rested it on her head, and pulled out a Pokeball.

Clu, of course, knew what that meant, and began to rub against her hand to butter her up. "Sorry, Clu, but this is what's easiest. I'll let you out for a breather in a little, I promise." The red beam shot out from the Pokeball, Clu vanished, and Cassy put it in her pocket. "So, when are we leaving?"

~Alex

Alex noticed the sudden influx of his travelling companions, and chuckled at Fletcher's comment pertaining the 'cool dude'. Eventually the conversation turned somewhat sour, with Fletcher and Duncan making the assumption that he had invited Cassidy, even if it were the case. Alex frowned slightly, not liking that Fletcher had jumoed at Alex's decision making. Alex knew that despite his experience and knowledge, as well as natural need to lead, he wasn't in charge of the groups decisions, and that it was a majority agreement neccessary. Atem seemed to have little to say on the matter, only making it clear that she wasn't completely impressed with the idea of another travelling companion. Kiara had spoken up soon after voicing her opinion on the matter. Finally Cassidy addressed the matter, and made it clear that she was willing to accompany them. It all finally came down to the question of departure, something that Alex was grateful to hear.

"Immidiately!" Alex exclaimed, as he saw the time on his watch, returning Arcade to his ball, and swinging his bag back over his shoulder, "We're late, this wasn't supoosed to take this long!" Alex had a worried expresion, and looked antsy to get going.

(OOC: LAST POST BEFORE GM CONTROL ACTIVATING, SAY WHAT YOU NEED TO, AND LET'S GO)

Atem felt her frown deepen slightly. Kiara had said that she understood how the Goth wouldn't want another member of their team, which seemed like an invalid statement on her part. What did she even know about Atem, anyway? Why jump to some conclusion like that? Was there even proof to back that up? ... Though, then again, Atem's one-worded response and bored demeanor probably gave off the impression that she wasn't crazy over the idea of that new girl- what was her name, Cassy or something?- joining their little group. Truth be told, the gothic girl had no real opinion on the matter; there were pros and cons to having Cassidy join, but the rich young woman didn't feel the urge to list them out and voice her thoughts. Instead, she shrugged indifferently at the idea, her dull eyes slowly focusing on Cassidy. "... Whatever. I don't object to her coming along... as long as she stays out of my way, of course."

With that, her eyes quickly glanced down at the table, and she sighed softly, her nails beating on her cheek. A loose strand of dark purple hair fell in front of her face, and on instinct she blew it away. I have yet to understand what I truly feel about this little "adventure," Atem thought grimly, her frown turning into a down-right scowl, but I will find out eventually. And I will prove to them- no, to everyone that I don't need anyone's help. I am Nekko Atem, the final heir to the proud Atem family! I will not tolerate stupid thoughts like these to obscure my objectives! And I will do it alone!

Kiara walked out of the lobby, to see her Ponyta, Pidgey, and Charmander waiting patiently outside. Kiara walked over to Cassie, her Ponyta. But before she could say anything, the large Ponyta knelt down slightly, signalling for Kiara to get on. Reluctantly, Kiara did so. Xena and Windswept climbed on both of Kiara's shoulders again.

Kiara, on her Ponyta, went over to the group. "OK Alex, what are we "so late" for?" she asked, slightly impatient.

"Bluh," Fletcher moaned, as conversation erupted around him. Sometimes having so many in the group was rather bothersome. So many opinions to have to take into consideration, and so many things he wanted to argue with flying together that he couldn't possibly argue with them all, and as he tried to collect some thoughts the matter was suddenly decided and Cassy was coming. Damn, he thought, Get back on top of things. No falling behind!

"So she's just-...okay. Though I still say we should have a vote, I guess it's pretty clear what the result would be. But we have to set safeguards. Let one person decide everything and suddenly we're heading down a track we'd all rather not head down. You don't know what kind of person might get invited along-a mental patient, an aggressive introvert, someone with a complete lack of any personality whatsoever-the possibilities for disastrous consequences for the group are endless."

He drew a breath. "Though I doubt you'll be disastrous to the group-the damage your brand of disaster causes is limited purely to yourself. I hope our flaws are as interesting to yours as you are to me."

With that, he left, and headed to Alex and Kiara (for the second time that morning) to listen to the former's answer to the latter's questionings.

Dink sniffed the table. Then his sleeve. So much to do apparently. "Well, late is good. It makes you move more." He wiped his lips on his sleeve, and looked at Atem. He'd seen more emotion in a bit of roadkill he'd once put in a kid's trick-or-treat bag. This Cassy girl had caused quite a ripple. And Fletcher, well, he was just being plain unfriendly now. But that's the way people like him tended to be, anyway.

"So, Alex, this surprise must be quite important. I hope all this buildup doesn't disappoint." He grinned, and picked a leaf off a little tree on his way out, chewing on it by the tip.

Back
Top Bottom