• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hardest Final Bosses in video games!

Savato on Trauma Centre: Under the Knife.

Gargh.

How about Trauma Center: UTK, every single damn mission? Seriously, the game's pretty ridiculous overall. I'm still stuck on the second anyeurism operation...

Also, I'd like to add the Deftera from Trauma Center: Second Opinion. Good sweet buttery Jesus did those little guys give me hell. This coming from someone who can get an "S" operation rating on Hard-Mode Savato.

I don't know. There were some that seemed pretty damn easy, like the Deftera one (on the original game).

Triti makes you tear your hair out though (literally).

Tabuu. I only beat him on easy mode by pure luck XD

and Mr. Passion in MOTHER 3, I'm not that far in the game (though I've watched some videos about it on Youtube so I know where I'm going and stuff XD I spoiled the ending for myself ;_;) so there's probably harder bosses to come :P

I also remember Lucian from Pearl to be hard, haven't touched that game for a year now and I don't know if i even beat the Elite 4 :P

Last edited:
Tabuu. I only beat him on easy mode by pure luck XD

and Mr. Passion in MOTHER 3, I'm not that far in the game (though I've watched some videos about it on Youtube so I know where I'm going and stuff XD I spoiled the ending for myself ;_;) so there's probably harder bosses to come :P

I also remember Lucian from Pearl to be hard, haven't touched that game for a year now and I don't know if i even beat the Elite 4 :P

It's easy to defeat Mr. Passion if you begin with using Smoke Bomb on him, he's extremely sensitive to crying. And try to save any bombs you get, then just beat the crap out of him.

It's easy to defeat Mr. Passion if you begin with using Smoke Bomb on him, he's extremely sensitive to crying. And try to save any bombs you get, then just beat the crap out of him.

I did that, but his attacks still kept hitting me and doing 50+ damage. And I was an idiot and forgot to stock up on bombs XD

Getting killed at Touhou, woo-hoo. Subterranian Animism is terribly, insanely hard.

I would agree but I suck so bad at SA I've only gotten to the sixth stage once on easy and I died :< so I can't really judge the last boss.

Extra stage bosses and their stages are terrifying though.

Guys I think I found a boss to beat every other boss ever.

This game is called Mushihimesama. I DARE you to beat it without breaking at least five controllers in frustration.

That, and your hitbox is literally one pixel big. It doesn't make it any easier, though. Not only can even one tiny slip kill you instantly and a margin of error about the size of your hitbox, there's also the intimidation factor and that most people would just freeze up at a critical time.

Mushihimesama is considered ridiculous, even by Bullet Hell shoot-em-up standards. That should tell you something.

Yes, but if you have a lot of extra men, it's not that hard, and he kept his super-power gun AFTER using a continue, so it's not like that matters.

i found cynthia difficult in pearl.

and he's not a final boss, but universitas in xenosaga iii was painful. i got him down to 10% and he killed me just like that, as if he was toying with me for over an hour. :c

Darkrai in PMD2 is really annoying. It took me about 10-15 tries before I actually beat him. ALMOST NOTHING BLOODY WORKS ON HIM. You can't use discharge at the beginning of the battle to eliminate the obnoxious extra Pokemon he summons, since one of them has the stupid "Lightning Rod" ability, plus you need to keep you and your partner alive (Which isn't THAT hard if you're high leveled), but you also need Cresselia to remain alive, which is a pain in the @$$. I think half of my inventory consisted of Reviver Seeds. Plus he uses Double Team like 5 times so you can barely hit him. Ugh.

Then there's Zeromus in Final Fantasy IV. My team is from level 64-70, and people beat him from levels 58-62, yet as soon as he uses Big Bang, I'm toast. The first time I faced him a couple weeks ago, he used Big Bang, killed all but two of my characters, as soon as I tried to resurrect the others, he killed my remaining two. Then today when I faced him, I survived for about 3 minutes, then he used Big Bang.

Two. Times. In. A. Freaking. Row.

Needless to say, I died. I still can't beat him, which makes me very sad.

I also lost to the Cloud of Darkness from FFIII, but I stupidly didn't give one of my characters Ribbon, so once he got afflicted with Bad Breath, my two healers were distracted with trying to heal him.

Yes, but if you have a lot of extra men, it's not that hard, and he kept his super-power gun AFTER using a continue, so it's not like that matters.

That's kind of like saying that spamming savestates makes a boss easier. It doesn't, it just means that you have more chances to get it right. And I don't even want to know how anyone could beat this boss without the super-gun-thingy.

Plus, since it's an arcade game, you actually have to spend money to try again, so yeah.

Not the final boss but on hard/intense duon is a bastard on boss battles and almost always knocks me out.

That's kind of like saying that spamming savestates makes a boss easier. It doesn't, it just means that you have more chances to get it right. And I don't even want to know how anyone could beat this boss without the super-gun-thingy.

Plus, since it's an arcade game, you actually have to spend money to try again, so yeah.

*sigh*
Right right, I accept defeat. But that boss is still overrated.

Back to topic, Reflux in Rayman 3 is kind of hard, especially at the first time you fight him, his pattern is very hard to tell, and you can't stand still or he'll blast you with thunder. His second, third and last form are even more of a hell, I have yet to beat those.

How exactly does it make the boss overrated?

My hardest final bosses;
The final boss of Giga Wing 2. Sorta like the final boss of Mushihimesama, and just about any other bullet hell, but this doesn't even have a pattern. Plus, it's got 3 different forms. The only reason I'm able to beat it is because Capcom was a dumbass and put free play on the game.

2nd, is Boss Order-Sol in Guilty Gear XX Slash, or Accent Core/Accent Core Plus. Tension bar is always full? Check. Constant Dragon Install state? Check. Plus, since he has no limiter, and he's basically in his complete Gear state, he recovers life. And to make it even more unfair, you only get one chance to beat him, and only if you made it through all of Arcade mode without losing a round. I dare you to try it on Maniac difficulty.

3rd, is Goenitz from KOF '97. I realize I COULD just beat fighting game bosses on time out, but I hate turtling for one, and it's next to impossible, given how much block damage they do. Goenitz goes right up there though, with his ability to generate tornadoes wherever he wants, and can basically keep you away for an entire match. He gets harder in 2002, which allows for minor juggling.

3rd, The Stone Like from Radiant Silvergun. I suppose it isn't really that hard per se, but the constantly rotating camera is very dizzying, and along with all of the bullets, and The Stone-Like's constant flipping, it can easily throw the player off.

Finally, even though I said he was easy on the other, Miktran, and Miktran Excessive, from the PS2 Tales of Destiny remake, and Director's Cut. On Chaos difficulty. Not even his weakness to fire will save you. You need to be amazing at comboing, depending on whether you're playing on Single Play, or with the party, in order to beat him. Plus, not only does he get his own, but he gets to use the three secret BCs as well.

Because most shooter bosses, like that one, I think the name is Queen Charla, not sure, HAVE A PATTERN, if you play enough times, you learn it, rendering it easier.

Back
Top Bottom