• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

hello this is my forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Sigh.* I should write a long-winded sticky about stuff like this...

I got your page and I see nothing. Nothing of interest; just a sentence here or there - and the grammar/spelling really needs improvement. A blank photo gallery? Exciting. A generic forum? Amazing. A one-sentence "About" page? Oh, I don't think my bitter heart can take it!

I just don't know what to say. Sorry. Good luck with your site, though.

I have, and it changes nothing. Your site is still terrible, and I mean that in the most constructive, non-offensive manner possible.

You didn't make anything. It's a pre-made layout with maybe three sentences you actually typed yourself.

A break from what? What have we done that is so horrible?
Put content on your website and learn HTML. Freewebs gets you nowhere in the World Wide Web. Well, if you're not going to use a server-side scripting language (which I suggest you do), that's fine, but not using HTML is just pointless.

Oh yeah, and if you decide to make an actual website, then you might want to be able to take constructive criticism.

god give me a break

Kid, if you want to make a website, here's a piece of advice: make it worth seeing. A website isn't a fucking notepad file where you can just put down shit and hope you get three hits a year. If you want your website to be even remotely popular, you haven't just got to advertise on this forum: you've got to make it work. You've got to make something worthwhile that people will want to see. Nobody can be bothered with another generic Pokemon fanpage forum, especially considering its viewing audience is already rather niche and most important knowledge is linked to by big sites such as Serebii or Smogon and forums/sites of their ilk.

If you want something, you need something unique, and you need to know how to be able to deck it out in neon coloured lights around the town. Right now, your brilliant three sentences don't compel anyone to view what you have to see, simply because three sentences in English isn't a remotely important topic for anyone to view.

This is as nice as I'm going to be and am going to put it.

Mewdactol I recomend you to study HTML before making a website... If you don't you'll get no where. There is plenty of tuorials. Just look it up... Also you should have more thank a page when you relese it since people won't come back to a site they do not like.

Ah, Mewdactol is just a kid having some fun with his own first website. Like we all did at some point. Maybe his site is flawed, but personally, I'd just give him that break he's asking for. He's... just a kid, you know? Also he knows TF. I'm kind of obliged to help the guy out, right?

Ah, Mewdactol is just a kid having some fun with his own first website. Like we all did at some point. Maybe his site is flawed, but personally, I'd just give him that break he's asking for. He's... just a kid, you know? Also he knows TF. I'm kind of obliged to help the guy out, right?
fair enough, but then he's not allowed to get mad when he realizes nobody cares about his site

Sooo...when it all comes down to it, you made a fansite and forum for a sprite you made. What are you supposed to talk about? The delicate lilac of it's skin? The fabulously rumbling voice of it's mew? What?

Wow, uh, well if you weren't aware, you should generally let sleeping threads lie. (I mean, don't post in really old threads like this! Generally!) But uh, I thought I would post and ask if anyone wanted to be all reminiscent; I was pleasantly surprised by what the contents of your site led me to -- good ol' NOSTALGIA TRIP R&S and... uh... the ones that still work on "Salazard's Den", I mean. I remember when TF and Salazard first made those things and how they were so very praised and worshipped and... that kind of thing! Good times... what happened to them anyway...?
(Wait, maybe that's not how it was, actually I think they got on everyone's bad side... eeps.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom