• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Help me with my NaNoWriMo attempt! (requires little or no real effort!)

nothing to see here

...probably not posting here too much anymore.
Pronoun
he/him
Since I decided I'm going to attempt to do that NaNoWriMo thing this year, I figured I might as well go ahead and post this here.

I've found that I'm generally very bad at keeping interest when attempting to write anything long and storyline-based--I like an idea at first, but after writing a little of it (or half of it, or most of it...) I get tired of the idea and want to do something else. So instead of a big long epic story, I'm going to try doing something I actually like writing--fight scenes, and lots of them!

Basically, it's going to be a "fighting tournament" kind of setup. I most likely won't bother to explain why all the characters are there in-story, and there most likely won't be much of a storyline, if any. Just lots of characters getting plucked from their own universes and dropped off in some sort of interdimensional arena to have a tournament, and then at the end they all get patched up and sent home. Maybe the winner gets some kind of prize, or maybe it was all just a big prank by whoever brought them all there. Either way it doesn't really matter all that much.

Huge thanks to everyone who suggested characters! Between here, the NaNoWriMo forums, and my sister's friends from school, I've managed to fill up all 64 slots, and it's not even the end of October yet! Now, to get to work figuring out what the first-round matches will be...

Everyone who suggested characters will be credited at the very end. I'll also make some kind of sprite "trophy" for whoever ends up suggesting the winner of the tournament, and probably the top 3 runners-up too.

In case you missed the suggestions as they were coming in, here's the full list (along with who suggested them):

1. Mario (suggested by El Garbanzo)
  2. Kirby (suggested by El Garbanzo)
  3. Sonic the Hedgehog (suggested by El Garbanzo)
  4. Mewtwo (suggested by El Garbanzo)
  5. Zack Fair (suggested by Xaldin)
  6. Terra Branford (suggested by Momoharu)
  7. Celes Chere (suggested by Momoharu)
  8. Ichigo Kurosaki (suggested by Momoharu)
  9. Sora (suggested by Xaldin)
  10. Riku (suggested by Xaldin)
  11. Strago Magus (suggested by Blaziking)
  12. Yakko Warner (suggested by Flareth)
  13. Wakko Warner (suggested by Flareth)
  14. Dot Warner (suggested by Flareth)
  15. Ness (suggested by ...)
  16. Lucas (suggested by ...)
  17. Yoshi (suggested by ...)
  18. Geno (suggested by Momoharu)
  19. Xaldin (suggested by my sister Julia)
  20. Ike (suggested by my sister Julia)
  21. Emperor Palpatine (suggested by my sister Julia)
  22. Lord Voldemort (suggested by my sister Julia)
  23. Cait Sith (suggested by Blaziking)
  24. Vivi Ornitier (suggested by Blaziking)
  25. Quina Quen (suggested by Blaziking)
  26. Dhalsim (suggested by Kam)
  27. King Dedede (suggested by Kam)
  28. Super Macho Man (suggested by Kam)
  29. Roxas (suggested by Xaldin)
  30. Turanga Leela (suggested by Kam)
  31. Optimus Prime (suggested by Britney from my sister's school)
  32. Wario (suggested by Kirsten H. from my sister's school)
  33. Indiana Jones (suggested by Neil from my sister's school)
  34. Lexaeus (suggested by El Garbanzo)
  35. The Joker (suggested by Kam)
  36. The Black Knight (suggested by Blaziking)
  37. Puss in Boots (suggested by Blaziking)
  38. Wolverine (suggested by Blaziking)
  39. The Burger King (suggested by El Garbanzo)
  40. Aaroniero Arruruerie (suggested by El Garbanzo)
  41. Scar (suggested by Flareth)
  42. Meowth (suggested by Flareth)
  43. Demyx (suggested by my sister Julia)
  44. Nightcrawler (suggested by my sister Julia)
  45. Link (suggested by Xaldin)
  46. Rukia Kuchiki (suggested by Zora of Termina)
  47. Ganondorf (suggested by Zora of Termina)
  48. Meta Knight (suggested by Kam)
  49. Michael Jackson (suggested by Kam)
  50. The Terminator (suggested by TheFifthGatekeeper on NaNoWriMo forums)
  51. Batman (suggested by TheFifthGatekeeper on NaNoWriMo forums)
  52. Aragorn (suggested by TheFifthGatekeeper on NaNoWriMo forums)
  53. Zorro (suggested by TheFifthGatekeeper on NaNoWriMo forums)
  54. Son Goku (suggested by Bizarro on NaNoWriMo forums)
  55. Cloud Strife (suggested by Bizarro on NaNoWriMo forums)
  56. Kuja (suggested by Krynn-Meridia on NaNoWriMo forums)
  57. Dordonii Alessandro del Socacchio (suggested by my sister Julia)
  58. Harry Potter (suggested by Raine Whistler on NaNoWriMo forums)
  59. Dracula (suggested by Raine Whistler on NaNoWriMo forums)
  60. Frankenstein's Monster (suggested by Raine Whistler on NaNoWriMo forums)
  61. The Big Bad Wolf (suggested by Raine Whistler on NaNoWriMo forums)
  62. Fa Mulan (suggested by Raine Whistler on NaNoWriMo forums)
  63. The Tick (suggested by Deadlox on NaNoWriMo forums)
  64. Naruto Uzumaki (suggested by dragonstar on NaNoWriMo forums)

Last edited:
I'd say Kratos Aurion from Tales of Symphonia... but I have no idea if he counts as overpowered or not. x3

This seems interesting - if only because I'm way too obsessed with random fighting games where various characters from different universes are pitted against each other, aka Super Smash Bros. :P

Well, it's seems very interesting. I might actually read it. Anyway, I request Zack Fair from FF7: Crisis Core, and if I can, I also request Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vespiria. Like Stormecho, I too am a fan of random fighting games.

Zack should work. I'll add him to the list in slot #5.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to use either Kratos or Yuri. I've never played any game in the Tales of _____ series except for the GBA version of Tales of Phantasia (and I never actually finished that one... I'd probably have to start over if I wanted to go back and finish it now, since it's been a couple years and I can't remember much), so I'm pretty much completely unfamiliar with both the characters and the universe they came from.

I have no problem with people suggesting more than one character at a time, though. Just try to keep it down to two or maybe three characters, just in case lots of people actually end up replying to this; the only reason I added four was because... well, all four of them were all pretty likely to get suggested by someone anyway, and I needed a handful of good examples to start off the list.

Hector from Fire Emblem 7, if you know it.

Terra or Celes from Final Fantasy 6, if you know it.

Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach, if you know it.

Not really familiar with any of the Fire Emblem games (only the three guys who showed up in Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl, pretty much XD)

But I definitely know of Terra, Celes, and Ichigo. *goes to add all three to the list*

Sora and Riku should work. *adds them* Also, is there any specific time period (KH1, CoM, KH2) you want them to be from?

I forgot to mention that earlier--when you suggest characters who have more than one version of themselves (for example, KH1's creepy possessed Riku vs. CoM's awesome Riku vs. KH2's whiny emo blindfolded Riku), make sure to mention which version you want. If any of them is fine, you can just leave that part out.
And try to keep characters from the same universe in the same time period! I'll let it slip by if someone suggests a character that should be dead at that time (so other FF7 guys are still okay even though Zack is in), but other than that, try to avoid it.
I should probably add this stuff to the rules just in case...

Hmm... writing a fight with Strago might be fun, what with all those really weird Blue Magic/Lore spells he learns. I'll add him to the list.

And another random note: I may stop accepting characters from a series if I get too many of them in there. Final Fantasy (and other series that do that kind of thing) can probably get away with a little more since each game takes place in its own separate universe, but generally I'm going to try and keep it down to maybe 5 or 6 entries per series.

Okay now it's time for my stupid input.

Yakko, Wakko, and Dot Warner from Animaniacs.

Tools of the trade: Anvils, giant mallets, Wakko's gag bag.

Special tools:

Yakko can pull almost anything out of his slacks....(GOODNIGHT EVERYBODY!), is very talkative, is a smart alec.

Wakko has his gag bag, which he lets his siblings use on ocassion. He is the one who is most expereienced with the mallet. He is very flexible, will eat almost anything, and fears clowns. He also has extreme....belching....abilities.

Dot has her "pet" that she carries around in a small box. It contains a monsterous creature that changes whenever she whips it out. She is also more agressive than her two brothers. She is also extremely cute.

Alright - how about Okami? Are you familiar with that? :P If so, I suggest Waka. If not, kindly ignore me. XD

Yakko, Wakko, and Dot: Not exactly the usual fighting-tournament type characters, but I figure the sheer ridiculousness can make up for that, at least in the first couple of rounds. XD
I may have to do a bit of Youtube research to get them right, but I did watch the show a good bit back when it was still on, so I think they'll work. *adds them to the list*

As for Okami: unfortunately, not familiar with that game either. Sorry about that! I pretty much completely skipped the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox era of video games (other than the GBA/DS and maybe a handful of others), and I've only just recently gotten back into non-portable games... so I'm guessing that's why I'm unfamiliar with so many of these suggestions.

Ness, Lucas, and Ninten in an epic MOTHER fight (feel free to remove Ninten, though, mainly because he's the most personality-less character around!).

Yoshi versus Kirby. They can both eat stuff, eh?

Having both Ness and Lucas could be slightly problematic due to timeline issues. But I guess since Mother 3's supposed to be a "far far future" type of thing and Ness probably wouldn't still be around anymore, I could let Ness in due to the dead-characters-can-ignore-timeline rule...

Yeah, I think I'll do that. Adding Ness, Lucas and Yoshi!

Also: the match-ups will be determined by random number generator, and then re-randomized or manually edited if I get too many one-sided fights. Unless someone cheats (like Buu at the end of DBZ), of course.
So a Yoshi vs. Kirby fight could happen, though it becomes a lot less likely if they're not matched up in the first round (or their first matches are fairly close to each other, and they both win their first couple of fights.)

FEW MOAR SUGGESTIONS

The badass version of Metal Sonic from the SMBZ flashes. (If you haven't watched those, you should, they kick ass.)

The badass version of Hank with the scorpion arm from Madness Aggregation (Another awesome flash)

Oh, and Geno from Super Mario RPG.

I'm not going to add fan-characters or Internet-based stuff (including flash movies/games/etc.) And even if I was, 99% of them would fall under the "characters I'm not familiar with" rule anyway... which is why I didn't add another rule to cover them.
I guess the only exception would be if something started as a flash game/movie but managed to end up on TV or on video game systems later, but I can only think of maybe one or two like that off the top of my head.

Geno from SMRPG works, though. I'll add him to the list.

A couple of problems with Godot. First of all, I'm completely unfamiliar with the character (as well as the whole Ace Attorney series.)

And second... based on a quick search of Google and a couple of wikis, it seems that the visor is only there to help him see, since he's nearly blind (no eye lasers.) I can't find anything that suggests that the Ace Attorney characters would do any better in a fight than an average human.

Back
Top Bottom