• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Help me with my NaNoWriMo attempt! (requires little or no real effort!)

More Google/Wikipedia searching there, and... wow. I don't think a character who never actually shows up (even in his own story!) would work that well.

Also--four more suggestions coming in, but not from anyone here on the forums this time. I told my little sister about this thing a few days ago, and she just now came up with a few ideas: Xaldin, Ike, Emperor Palpatine, and Lord Voldemort.
Which means I'm up to 22 suggestions already... it's starting to look like 64 characters before the end of October might not be all that unrealistic of an expection after all.

Quite right; the absence of Godot, then. After all, you can never have too many metaphysical elements.

Cait Sith from FF7 would be rather interesting.

Are you familiar with the Breath of Fire series? If so, Bleu (1), Kat (2), or Sten (2) might be interesting options

Final Fantasy IX's Vivi and Quina could make for some fun writing.

If you've ever seen the TV show Heroes, it might be neat to consider Sylar as a character.

And that's that for now.

Nope... never played any of the Breath of Fire series.

I did see a couple episodes of Heroes (back when it was first starting), but I didn't like it much, so I didn't watch any more after that... so I'm not really familiar with any of the characters.

Cait Sith, Vivi, and Quina should all work, though I may have to read up a bit on Cait Sith and Quina's abilities before writing any of their matches (Vivi's a black mage, so his shouldn't be too hard to figure out.)

That makes a whopping seven Final Fantasy characters suggested so far... three from FF6, two from FF7 and its sequels/prequels (and shockingly, no Cloud or Sephiroth yet!), and two from FF9. I'll probably only allow two or maybe three more in before the whole FF series is "locked" from having any more characters.

Also: You've suggested four characters now. I'm trying to limit suggestions to three or four per person for now, but if I still have some slots left open near the end of October, I might let people go over that limit.

After some degree of consideration, I nominate Rorschach from Watchmen, Dhalsim from Street Fighter, and King Dedede from Kirby.

You seem to be negative on Franziska... meh.

You seem to be negative on Franziska... meh.

Well, like I said before, I'm not familiar with the Ace Attorney series or its characters at all (I even had to do some Google-searching just to figure out what series Godot and Franziska were from in the first place, since you didn't specify.)

Also, "normal human with a whip" doesn't exactly match up well with fireballs, psychic powers, super-strength, guys who can jump five times their own height, and giant swords that cut buildings in half... I'm trying to avoid having a ton of one-sided fights, which is why "normal-human"-level characters (and extremely overpowered ones) aren't allowed.

After some degree of consideration, I nominate Rorschach from Watchmen, Dhalsim from Street Fighter, and King Dedede from Kirby.

I'm also not familiar with Watchmen (either the comic book or the movie.)

Dhalsim and King Dedede will definitely work, though. *goes off to add them* I was actually hoping that someone would suggest Dedede eventually; he was one of the characters I would have added on at the start if I hadn't limited myself to only four.

You've never read Watchmen before? Read it. Like, now. (And don't watch the movie, because the movie sucks compared to the book.)

...hm. With some consideration, I nominate... a character from Punchout. Not sure who, though... probably Super Macho Man, though.

(Yay! I'm in it to!)

If I can, can I also suggest Roxas from KH2 when he still has 2 Keyblades? And If the limit is not 4, Axel? If it is 4, then ignore Axel.

If he's got two keyblades, not only does that limit it to like one day but he's probably going to be really depressed at the time. :(

I could always have it so that the tournament's organizer split post-KH2 Roxas and Sora back apart so they could both enter. Or just partially mindwipe Roxas so he's not too busy having angsty moments to fight.

The organizer is a one-eyed, levitating tentacle-monster in blue wizard robes who could singlehandedly take down any of the tournament's contestants if necessary... so I figure he's powerful enough to do that kind of thing.

...hm. With some consideration, I nominate... a character from Punchout. Not sure who, though... probably Super Macho Man, though.
If I can, can I also suggest Roxas from KH2 when he still has 2 Keyblades? And If the limit is not 4, Axel? If it is 4, then ignore Axel.

Super Macho Man and Roxas both should work. *adds them*

Axel would also work, but the limit of characters per person is still 4 at the moment. I might allow more than that if the end of October approaches and I still need more characters, but at the rate it's going now, I doubt that will be a problem!

With the addition of Roxas, I now have four Kingdom Hearts characters. Since KH isn't a "different universe for every game" series like Final Fantasy, I'll probably only allow one or two more characters from the series before it's locked from future suggestions.

*psssst* somebody suggest Lexaeus before it's too late!

It's your story. You can add Lexaeus if you want to.

Wait, so I suggested... Dedede, Dhalsim, and Super Nacho Man? Hm... if you could include Rorschach, go with him for my fourth entry. If not... Leela from Futurama. Yeah.

It's your story. You can add Lexaeus if you want to.

Well, yeah. But I'm not going to break the four-suggestions-per-person rule to do it... the rules for adding characters still apply to me, even though I'm the author. I'd have to drop Mario, Kirby, Sonic or Mewtwo if I wanted to add another character to the list (unless there's still empty slots at the end of October and KH hasn't been locked from suggestions yet by then.)

It's the same reason why none of my own characters are going to be fighting in the tournament, even if someone actually does suggest a character from Okédoké! or some of the fanfiction I've written. The "no fan-characters/Internet-based characters" rule applies to my original characters, too.

Wait, so I suggested... Dedede, Dhalsim, and Super Nacho Man? Hm... if you could include Rorschach, go with him for my fourth entry. If not... Leela from Futurama. Yeah.

Like I said, I'm completely unfamiliar with Watchmen and its characters. But Leela should work. *adds her*

Thanks to my little sister asking some people at her school for suggestions, the list is now up to 32 characters. Halfway there!

*adds Optimus Prime and Wario to the list*

Also, the addition of Wario means that the Mario series (which also includes the Donkey Kong, Wario and Yoshi games) is up to four characters. That means the Mario series has joined the "only gets a few more characters before it's locked" group along with Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy.

Last edited:
Read Watchmen, dammit! (Hell, even if you don't include Rorschach, it's a good read.)

Isn't Donkey Kong its own seperate series?

I'm also not familiar with Watchmen (either the comic book or the movie.)

fff17rorschach.jpg

Possibly homosexual? Must investigate further.

On a serious note, I notice a shocking lack of Jack from Bioshock and Gordon Freeman.

Isn't Donkey Kong its own seperate series?

Well... kinda.

I'm counting Yoshi, Wario, and Donkey Kong games as part of the Mario series mainly because they take place in the Mario universe, and they're all basically spinoffs of Mario, even though Wario and DK have sort of become their own series over time.
Technically the Donkey Kong series came first, but then again the original Donkey Kong was more of a Mario game anyway (it was the first game where Mario was playable, after all.)

Read Watchmen, dammit! (Hell, even if you don't include Rorschach, it's a good read.)

Unfortunately, there isn't really a store I know of anywhere near me that sells comic books of any kind (other than the occasional Naruto that shows up at Wal-Mart...)

I'd have to travel for about an hour just to find a store with even a chance of having it, which is a pretty big problem since I haven't quite learned how to drive yet.

EDIT:
On a serious note, I notice a shocking lack of Jack from Bioshock and Gordon Freeman.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty much completely unfamiliar with either of them.

I do sorta know who Gordon Freeman is, but I don't know much of anything about him or his weapons/abilities/etc.--basically just what he looks like, and that he's from the Half-Life games. I know absolutely nothing about Bioshock or its characters, though.

Last edited:
Another suggestion came in from someone at my little sister's school today. *adds Indiana Jones to the list*

Though he's pretty much within the range of "normal human" level, he fights better than the average human (plus, has a gun and can do things that aren't physically possible with his whip)... and he has a degree of just-barely-dodge-things-that-could-kill-you luck that might as well count as a minor superpower.

Suggestions from here seem to have slowed down a bit, though. If I don't hit 40 over the weekend, maybe I'll post a "suggest characters" thread on some other forum... only problem is, I'm not really active on very many other forums, and the ones I am semi-active on are pretty inactive themselves, or just wouldn't work (there is no way in hell I'm opening this up to the kids on the GameFAQs forums--I don't feel like repeating "I am not going to add your stupid internet memes as characters" half a dozen times every time I check for replies.)

Well, only 10 days left of October... I was going to save this for the last week, but I'm still barely over halfway and 10 days isn't much more than a week anyway. Time for a rules change!

Each person can now suggest up to six characters, so those who have already suggested four have two more free slots now. All the other rules are still in place, though I might start being a bit more lenient with the too weak/too strong rules now (but remember, I still have to be at least somewhat familiar with the character before I'll consider them.)

I'll be using my new slots to add in Lexaeus and, uh... someone else. I can't think of a sixth character off the top of my head, since the two others I really wanted have already been suggested by other people.

Back
Top Bottom