• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HEY LOOK FAKE POKEYMANS (requests reclosed :O )

Phoenixsong

beep beep coming through
Pronoun
she/they/any
screw the old thread, bah.

Yes. Fake Pokeymans. I can make them too, see? And because I am such a wonderfully nice person I am willing, at least for a little while, to draw fake pokeymans for you. AREN'T I SUCH A SELFLESS PHILANTHROPIST.

Actually this is just another sorry plea for attention that I'm not going to get but whatever!

I hate posting images directly into threads because it means bandwidth and slowness ++ but, I dunno, maybe that was part of why people ignored me before. The pretty pictures were not immediately apparent. Is this better, you lazy bums? >| So. Ezamplez. Which several of you have probably seen before but I don't care. I apologize for the white fuzzies around some of the outlines that will appear to those of you using dark forum styles; these *still* aren't cleaning up as nicely as I'd like. I'm working on it. (If only my tablet wasn't made of 57 different varieties of fail and 31 flavors of suck...)

---Ezamplez---

bossorna.png

Bossorna, the final stage of one region's Grass starter line and the most awesome hallucinogenic tree cow you will ever meet. And not just because it's probably the only hallucinogenic tree cow you will ever meet.

nl006.png

Burungin, werehyena final stage of the Crocoal line (see below). His mask. It is god. Don't deny it.

nl009.png

Osgrave, the final stage of the Spraylet evolution line (see below or in ASB). Yes, you have probably seen the entire Spraylet line before, but maybe not these revamped versions with reduced amounts of fail. Anyway, pretty birdy.

x000Jackravage.png

Jackravage, an alternate evo for Buneary (male only). Everyone on deviantART loves it and I'm not exactly sure why, but okay!

ramfere.png

Ramfere, alternate evo for Flaaffy. Will probably end up being Electric/Dark, I guess. Probably the best Sugimori-style picture I've ever done. :3

noperajina.png

An awesome Ghost-type faceless badger called Noperajina. One of my favorites, actually.

If you still want to see the examples that were up here before, I have reduced them to link form below:

Crocoal
Feucrota
Spraylet
Pandive
Tedigrae
Brugid
Endruin
Dyrascal
Dyferal
Dybelial
Unluvd

(I have/will have a lot more information about these, but it doesn't go here because this is not a "this is my region" thread. It's a "look at and *comment on* my pretty pictures" thread. If you really, really want to know you can PM me, I guess. Bah.)

---

Do you want a loverly fakie like these? Of course you do. You know you do. Because your little "welcome to my region threads" are just giant unbroken walls of text without pretty pictures! And that is bad, very bad. Don't worry, though, because I am here to fix it for you! Just follow the rules (no, really, follow the damn rules) and maybe I will draw one for you when I have time! Splendiferous!

---RULEZ. read them. They are in tinyfonts because they take up a lot of space, but that doesn't mean they aren't important! RULE #10 IS NEW, PAY ATTENTION TO IT OR ELSE---

1. If at any point I get the slightest impression that you haven't read the rules, I will ignore you. The end.

2. If the fakemon you ask me to draw does not belong to you (or you don't otherwise have permission to get it drawn), I will refuse to draw it. If I find out that it isn't yours/you don't have permission after the fact I'm taking it down and contacting the real owner about it.

3. Five requests at a time. I'm dead serious. If you ask for one and my request slots are full I'll ignore you, and you'll have to repost the request again later when a slot has opened up. And no more than one Pokémon at a time. I am not drawing your entire cadre of fake Eeveelutions or every single Pokémon in your region/fangame in one sitting. I have other people's requests, my own artwork and, uh, my own life to attend to. Request one, wait for me to finish it (and be sure there's another slot open!) and then request the next one.

4. It must be an actual fakemon. Not a splice between Houndoom and Arcanine, not a recolored Pikachu, not Ridley from Metroid but you're calling it a Pokémon anyway. It can be an evolution (or *shudder* baby) of an existing Pokémon, or perhaps otherwise related to one, but not like Mudkip's head on Seviper's body or whatever. Even if it technically isn't supposed to be a splice or recolor or whatever, if it doesn't *look* like a unique Pokémon then no. Do not ask me to draw any sort of "baby Kangaskhan" because really that isn't your idea. And I'm not taking requests for anything else (no existing Pokémon, people, dragons, anything else I might've been willing to try otherwise). You missed the boat on that when you ignored my old request thread. Again, if it doesn't meet the requirements I'll ignore you.

5. Describe what you want, and be detailed about it. A picture or sprite or something to use as a reference would be nice. I'm not going to make you fill out a form, but do make sure you give me more information than just "Its name is Bunnylove and it's a purple rabbit!". If I don't have enough information on it, how am I supposed to draw it properly?

5 1/2. I'm not designing it for you, either. If you don't know *most of* what you want then forget about it. It's okay if you say something like "oh, I'm not sure whether it looks better on two legs or four. Surprise me!", but if you only have the vaguest little inkling of an idea in your head and expect me to come up with the rest... no.

6. If you're using this somewhere (in your region thread, for approval in ASB's Dex Registry, anywhere else) I expect credit for the artwork. And if I didn't draw it for you, it doesn't belong to you. If you want to use artwork that I drew for someone else, ask them if it's okay.

7. On that note, DO NOT EFFING STEAL THE IDEAS, mine or those I drew for other people. Not just the artwork, the name, the design, the concept, anything and everything. If I see a sprite of Jackravage in your fangame I will effing kill you. Even if you give credit.

8. Please save the picture to your own computer/server/ImageshackPhotobucketTinypic place, if at all possible.

9. I will attempt to get requests done in a timely manner, but I make no guarantees. I can also refuse any request I like for any reason at any time with no promise of substitutions. And stuff.

*NEW* 10. If you've requested something from me, then you can't request anything else the next time requests are open. So if you request something now and I draw it, when I reopen requests you can't ask for anything; when requests open again after that, however, you can ask again. Give other people a chance for the five slots.

---

um oh and I guess I will update this thread with any more fake pokeymans I draw for me? Yeah.

And, before I go, comments and especially criticism are welcome. Very welcome. Really. Please? Seriously there's no point to posting these on a discussion forum if no one discusses anything, so don't make this a huge waste of my time, okay?

Slots (0 remaining)

1 - Mewtwo
2 - Ice tiger
3 - Chewy the Crispy Crunch
4 - Zephyrous Castform
5 - Skymin

Last edited:
Re: HEY LOOK FAKE POKEYMANS

Yay, someone to draw Boochu! He looks like this sprite I drew badly:
MyBoochuScratch.png

I'm working on a better one.

Um. That's... really not any different from a recolored Raichu, which as I said in the rules I would prefer not to draw.

...Oh... He is Boochu and I loves him! Besides, the ears are different... Oh, wh am I kidding?

Could you draw a pokemon I currently don't have a name for? It's a hedgehog, but it has durian spikes and its belly is the color of the inside of a durian. I'm not really sure whether it should have a tail that ends in a point, or one that looks like a mace so you can pick.

No requests here. I just wanted to say that these are all so awesome. I love how they all seem to have personality... The fire starters are so badass and Burungin's mask really is great. I've fallen in love with Pandive and Osgrave. Their names are awesome and they're definitely the most creatve water-type fakemon I've seen. The whole Tedigrade line is just so adorable and squishy-looking. ^^ Dyferal is awesome, especially the name. what type(s) is/are this line? Jackravage. It is awesome! The name, pose, concept and actual art. Just great. I hope they have a alt. evo. for Buneary and that it looks like this. And I'm a sucker for baby pokemon, so Unluvd. It just caught at my heart. It is so adorable. I love how its blush is beige.

WATER BEARS

you are awesome

Jewel Espeon and greategret: I'll see what I can do you for.

BiPolarBear: Thank you! The Dyrascal line is Rock/Dragon, btw.

(more with the Dyferal... I don't get it. Really. What did I do?)

Xikaze: YES

WATER BEARS

Bah. Fabulous. Fabulouuuuus! I'm usually not a fan of Fakémon, but these are just brilliant, Phoenix! Although Tedigrae seems to remind me of a Mecha Squirtle.

Thank you, Mudkip. :)

...all the more reason to redesign the thing. :/

Okay, greategret and Jewel Espeon: something like this? Let me know if anything needs to be changed before I finish them. You were still a little vague, greategret, so if you could give a little more detail (about the face, for example) that'd be nice.

ugh all those spikes ):

; ; They're so pretty. Osgrave is my favorite (Gryphen osprey thingie ftw. I may have to buy a Spraylet.).

I will like to request! :3 can you draw Ralem? Also I may try to get it approved for ASB, along with it's pre-evo some time in the future, just so you know.

...Flaming goats!

man my picture of Ralem is old ; ;

May I order a fakemon? I'd like a cat like fakemon. It can have short stubby ears, a cute round face and a little nose. I would also like a few short whiskers coming from the nose. The eyes should be a medium shade of blue and make the eyes as cute as you can, this fakemon is supposed to be real cute and make people *aww*. On to the body. Have it medium fatness but I tiny bit more slim. The feet and legs can be the shape normal cats but the legs should have one diamond for each leg. Also on the forehead there should be a diamond as well. The tail is skinny and somewhat longish. On the end it is slightly fatter where another diamond is. I would like it coloured a brown lighter than Eevee's brown. The ends of the paws should be a lighter brown. Thanks.

In less words and description:

-Cat fakemon
-Short, stubby ears
-Little nose
-Round, cute face
-Short whiskers
-Blue, cute eyes
-Not to fat, not to skinny
-Feet and legs like normal cats
-Skinny tail
-At the end of the tail it is a bit fatter
-At the fat end of the tail there is a diamond
-There are diamonds an everyleg, halfway down
-Coloured a light brown, a bit lighter than Eevee
-End of paws are a lighter brown

I think that is enough description. Maybe your rules weren't that strict...

OMG the pokemon in your first post look amazing,I love the raptor line and I wish I could have them in my game, but I can't............ Anyway I have a request, one of the starters fo my new game, his name is Sotter and he was made for me by Tropiking. Can you get him sitting like he is in the sprite please.
Here's a pic:
user128pic1606122487931sp9.png

Wow, it's really similar to what I imagined. But the eyes are beady and the head is a bit pointier. Also, the spikes are kind of on a plate on its back. And it's Grass/Rock, if that helps.

FMC: Thank you! And yes, of course you want to buy a Spraylet. Everyone needs a Swampert on meth an Osgrave! I'll draw Ralem, sure.

Jewel Espeon: Sure.

EeveeSkitty: All right, I can work with that.

White Wolf: Um, they... aren't raptors? They're dilophosaurs. Thanks anyway, though, and I'll see what I can do about the otter.

greategret: By "on a plate on its back", do you mean arranged kind of like ankylosaur armor? Or what? And do you like the tail the way it is, or do you still want to see what it looks like with the spiked ball on the end?

Aaanyway requests closed until some/all of these are finished.

Yeah, kind of like that. It's like the shell on Grotle, except covering more of the back.The tail's fine the way it is now.

Back
Top Bottom