• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Holiday Art Contest! Accept no imitations! Final judging up!

Re: Holiday Art Contest! Accept no imitations!

EeveeSkitty: Thanks for entering, but I totally didn't see that. I'd prefer that people made new posts with their entries instead of just editing them in so that I can actually notice when changes happen.

^ Oh, OK. I'll remember that if I ever enter another of your contests, but usually in sprite contests[which so far are the only ones I've entered] you edit your post. Sorry.

I know, and I figured that's why you did it, but I honestly don't see the logic in that, either.

I don't really see the logic either I just saw people doing it and saying watch this space and stuff so I thought you were supposed to, I don't like double posting anyways.

^ I've seen that Tyranitar at OS :D It's expression is so good. I want your drawing skills.

...I've seen the Tyranitar and think it's adorable, but is there any reason you posted it here...?

...I've seen the Tyranitar and think it's adorable, but is there any reason you posted it here...?

For the contest?

Btw, I think I may join, but my tablet's been acting a little wierd, so I don't know if I should draw it on paper or try testing it. :/

For the contest?

Btw, I think I may join, but my tablet's been acting a little wierd, so I don't know if I should draw it on paper or try testing it. :/

That picture has nothing to do with the contest's theme, though.

Mine sucks so much I think I might redo it or replace it. Can I do that?

Yes, it says in the rules that you can redo your entry as many times as you like before the deadline as long as you make it clear which piece is your actual submission.

I can't get to the scanner until Saturday... but it'll be inside the deadline, so... it'll make it!

Well, Kai, it doesn't have to be "Christmas", but... I really would prefer that it's some sort of actual holiday, not just wintery.

Also, it's rather dark. Isn't there anything you can do to try and get a lighter image? Are you scanning these or taking pictures with a camera?

I finished my picture!!!
I couldn't figure out how to post a link other than that thumbnail, so click on it if you want to see it full sized.

All right, awesome.

After you upload an image to ImageShack from the front page, the code for forum-ready URLs should be near the bottom of the upload-finished page, underneath what I'm fairly sure is an ad (I have them turned off, so I'm assuming that's what's there). Just look for a code that says "forum" or "alt forum", but not next to the thumbnail images. Grah, not sure if I explained it well enough, but just look around the next time you upload a picture and you should see what I'm talking about.

Well, Kai, it doesn't have to be "Christmas", but... I really would prefer that it's some sort of actual holiday, not just wintery.

Also, it's rather dark. Isn't there anything you can do to try and get a lighter image? Are you scanning these or taking pictures with a camera?
Alright, I'll try to draw something else for the contest. I may not get enough time to, but I'll try.

I use a digital camera to take photos of my drawings. I should try taking it earlier in the day to avoid such darkness.

What about turning on the camera's flash?

I mean, I don't know what would work best as I have a scanner, but I think I remember Dannichu making some suggestions to someone about how to improve the quality of photographed artwork. Try asking her.

What about turning on the camera's flash?

I mean, I don't know what would work best as I have a scanner, but I think I remember Dannichu making some suggestions to someone about how to improve the quality of photographed artwork. Try asking her.
Alright, I'll ask Danni for some advice.

EDIT: I have an entry.
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t135/hompstead/Josh/CIMG2802.jpg
Boxing day. Me pondering the meaning of life over a cardboard box, while a friend of mine gets obviously drunk.

Last edited:

Five days left to enter, you guys.

...you're depressing me. ):

EDIT: Kai, in the future please make a new post for your entry instead of editing it in, even if it means double-posting. As I told EeveeSkitty, I'm not likely to notice that you've entered if all you do is edit.

Back
Top Bottom