• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Holiday Art Contest! Accept no imitations! Final judging up!

Re: Holiday Art Contest! Accept no imitations!

Damn, I forgot about this. My art is at my other house which I can only access in weekends which is not anytime now. Oh well, the crap one will have to do unless I magically draw a picture, outline it, colour it because I like colour in one day when I have Chinese school from 12 - 5pm.

Gaaah I've barely started mine but I *must* finish it. :<

I think I'll enter this.

I lost my Bloody Tablet pen so I'll have to draw it tonight then line/color tomorrow >.<

Evil pen little sisters >.>

^ Aha, I love it X3

I've done a holiday pic, so I'll definitely be entering, but I'm gonna see if I can do something better between now and the deadline :)

C'mon, guys, there's only the rest of today and tomorrow to get your entries in. I suggest you hurry.

I've finally finished mine (at 2:38am having worked on it all day), but I'll try and submit a picture tomorrow, because then I can take a photo using natural light, because the flash gives it a massive bright spot, and the artificial light in my room isn't enough so it comes out blurry ):

What time do entires close?

Aww...Dannichu, yours is awesome and nice and big and detailed and colourful...

The deadline should officially be over now, but since the forum seems to have been down for a good portion of the day I am extending the deadline to tomorrow night. Get those entries in!

Okay so hopefully this will not post five million times, ja?

Anyway, that's it. The deadline has been reached and no more entries will be accepted. It's kinda late, I'm tired and I still need to do a quick review for my final, though, so please hold off on any voting/discussion until I post here again tomorrow with a clearer explanation, okay?

Okay. Now that all of the entries are in, it's time for the fun part: voting! All of the contest entries have been linked to in the first post of this thread; take some time to look through each one. After you've given them all a good look, choose your favorite. You will then post in this thread with your favorite piece and state why you think it deserves to move on; you also need to provide the best constructive comment you can manage. You don't need to be rude or harsh or pop a blood vessel trying to find something wrong if you really, honestly can't, but then you at least need to give constructive praise. And please, please make it clear which picture you are voting for. Something along the lines of "I am voting for so-and-so's picture", boldface font and all, would be best.

Anyone, participant or not, is welcome to vote, although each person may only vote once and entrants may not vote for their own pictures. All further information about voting is found in the rules in the first post, so give them a look before you post your vote as well.

Because there are ten entries, the five with the most votes are going to move on to the final round. Voting closes on December 21st; at that time, I will announce the five entries that move on to the final and then will do my best to decide the first, second and third place winners, as well as get the comments for all entries finished, by December 26th at the latest.

If there is any sort of problem with the number or the quality of the votes, the problem will be addressed on or shortly before the 21st.

Good luck to all the entrants!

Re: Holiday Art Contest! Accept no imitations! VOTING HAS STARTED!

(I don't think EeveeSkitty's link's working. It might just be me, but I'm getting a DA 404)

Back
Top Bottom