• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well "logically", according to the rabid religion-haters' little theory of evolution, gays would have been weeded out by natural selection. If they are born the way they are, and they can't "get it up" in the presence of a woman, then they cannot procreate.

Last edited:
That argument is false on at least a half-dozen levels, but that's not important. More important is that it doesn't matter.

They shouldn't exist, apparently? Oh well. They do. So what?
They may or may not be born gay? "Oh well; so what" either way?
They don't make more people? Oh well. So what?

That argument is false on at least a half-dozen levels, but that's not important. More important is that it doesn't matter.

They shouldn't exist, apparently? Oh well. They do. So what?
They may or may not be born gay? "Oh well; so what" either way?
They don't make more people? Oh well. So what?

So you admit that they aren't born gay? That's cool, we're at least getting somewhere.

Either that, or it was more like a "that statement is like TOTALLY false, but since I don't have no rebuttal, I'll just ignore it by the way ur wrong!1!!"

Homosexuality is unnatural, and if marrying children or animals is unlawful, than so should marrying one of the same sex. Who's to say it's not unnatural? You? Yeah, because you are like, THE authority on nature, rofl.

I don't care if they're born gay or not. If gays are born gay, it's okay to be gay; if gays aren't born gay, it's okay to be gay.

You've made a lot of statements and haven't concluded anything from them. I can't argue back if you don't argue.

(I assume) he's saying that even if we accept they aren't born gay, for the sake of the argument, it wouldn't matter, them not being born gay doesn't make them any less deserving of equal treatment.

edit now: Sir Lucario,
Well "logically", according to the rabid religion-haters' little theory of evolution, gays would have been weeded out by natural selection. If they are born the way they are, and they can't "get it up" in the presence of a woman, then they cannot procreate.
Because gay is caused by an individual recessive gene?

So you admit that they aren't born gay? That's cool, we're at least getting somewhere.

Either that, or it was more like a "that statement is like TOTALLY false, but since I don't have no rebuttal, I'll just ignore it by the way ur wrong!1!!"

This is also stupid. We're "getting somewhere" because you think we're agreeing with you? The only possibly way we could progress is bowing to your views? Oh. Well, sorry, I guess we're stuck.

People probably aren't born gay, though. They are born with hormonal imbalances that cause gender confusion and other related psychiatric problems, but not homosexuality; that is a choice. The fact that you probably feel adversely affected by this choice completely baffles me.

Sir Lucario said:
Homosexuality is unnatural, and if marrying children or animals is unlawful, than so should marrying one of the same sex. Who's to say it's not unnatural? You? Yeah, because you are like, THE authority on nature, rofl.
You, then? Obviously someone who disregards science because people are wrong based off the ideas of a book written by some other people taught by other people is the correct one here.

Secondly, you associated "unlawful" with "unnatural." This couldn't be any more wrong. It's "unnatural" to use my feet for tasks my hands are "designed" for. That's not to say I can't, because bodily parts were not "designed" with any particular task in mind. My penis? It pees, and it ejaculates. It was not designed to be stuck anywhere.

My point was that I was saying it; I was pointing out that it doesn't make a difference either way.

Sure, let's say it's unnatural. So what? It doesn't mean anything. You're saying a lot of things that make no difference.

Well "logically", according to the rabid religion-haters' little theory of evolution.

1. Way to generalise! I don't hate religion, I hate the mindset religion tends to instil in people. As a result, I think religion definitely has a net negative effect on society.

2. Don't condescend people in a debate. Darwin's theory of evolution is one of the - if not the, since no other theory is as important in its field as evolution is - most important theories ever. Nothing in biology makes sense except when viewed in the light of evolution.

gays would have been weeded out by natural selection. If they are born the way they are, and they can't "get it up" in the presence of a woman, then they cannot procreate.

I'm not sure how this is meant to argue against homosexuality at all. Since homosexuality clearly is around, all it means is that homosexuality is not caused by a dominant gene (thinking it is caused by only one gene is probably false, too).
The point is, that gays aren't born gay,

True. Most likely homosexuality is a result of genetic and other factors. Still doesn't make it a choice (which is more than I can say about religious belief).

and therefore homosexuality is unnatural.

No, it isn't.

I want you to define "unnatural" for me. Is it something that doesn't occur in nature? In that case, everything man has made is unnatural, and saying unnatural things are bad is absurd. Is it something that is not caused by a natural thing? In this case, everything is natural since it is either a) occurring in nature or b) created by man, who occurs in nature.

Homosexuality is unnatural, and if marrying children or animals is unlawful, than so should marrying one of the same sex.

Slippery slope. Why is homosexuality the same as marrying children or animals?

Last edited:
Says who? I really couldn't care less about what people do in their bedrooms. I even work with a gay guy and he's pretty cool. The point is, that gays aren't born gay, and therefore homosexuality is unnatural.
Your computer, your house, indoor plumbing, and the language you're speaking are all unnatural by this standard. Please explain to me what "natural" means - or hey, why anything that isn't natural is inherently bad.

My point was that I was saying it; I was pointing out that it doesn't make a difference either way.

Sure, let's say it's unnatural. So what? It doesn't mean anything. You're saying a lot of things that make no difference.

Well why don't we just make pedophilia, necropihlia ect. lawful then?

I'm pretty sure it's already legal to fantasize and be attracted to whatever you want. Pedophiles aren't all rapists and I'd argue that rape is bad anyway.

EDIT: I also love how you ignored "It makes no difference" and jumped to something completely different
you also still haven't drawn any conclusions

The dead can't give consent, most people will argue a child can't give consent. Why is something between consenting adults, that harms neither, physically or mentally, comparable to having sex with a child?

edit: by the way, pedophilia is just an attraction. it is different from actually acting on the attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom