• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a one-minute CNN report on a guy called Richard Cohen and his therapy, which, from what I gather, basically consists of whacking a pillow with a tennis racquet while screaming MOOOM and having Richard take you in his arms, hug and stroke you to represent father-son bond.
Yeah.
The father-son bond.

8)

You realize it specifically states in the bible you must eradicate the gays. You are committing a direct heresy there.

No, the Bible teaches us to love and respect everyone, therefore I love and respect everyone. Look up "The Golden Rule".

I am not a radical Christian.

Where does it say that?
Exodus 21:20-21 'If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.'

Exodus 21:7 'If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as menservants do. If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself, he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her.'

Leviticus 25:44-46 'Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow israelites ruthlessly.'

Also other friendly messages:
1 Timothy 2:11-15 'A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing - if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.'

Exodus 35:2 'For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath if rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.'

Also the following people can't approach the altar of God, according to Leviticus 21:18-20: the blind, the lame, the disfigured, the deformed, the guys with crippled feet or hands, hunchbacks, dwarfs, people with general eye defects, people with festering or running sores or men with damaged testicles. That's kind of mean.

Detestable, yes. But does that mean you go out and kill gay people? No. The Bible says it's wrong, but doesn't say to hate gay people.
Leviticus 18:22 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable'
followed by
Leviticus 18:29 'Everyone who does any of these detestable things - such persons must be cut off from their people.'
I dunno man, forced exile and isolation seems a little bit like hatin' to me.

Can't be bothered to search for more, please tell me if I got something terribly wrong. I am direct-quoting from the Bible but you never know wether I got one from a faulty batch.

vplj christians just pick the bible verses they like and ignore the ones they like

the foundation of it is ignorance

oh man this is my favorite game

Deu 22:28-29 said:
If a man find a damsel [that is] a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty [shekels] of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

if you rape an unmarried girl and you're caught: you have to pay her dad and get married, and the two of you can never divorce.

I never understand how Jesus is in the Bible.
I mean the Bible is basically 'douchebag' in written form and Jesus sounds like a cool guy, telling people to be accepting and loving and stuff.
Eh.

Well the New Testament was sort of "uh guys um I'm cool and all."

and I remember reading something about how all those lovely things Jesus said only applied to his followers. As in, love thy neighbour [if he's one of us!] and stuff. idk.

God is such a Mary-Sue. All the good guys love him and the bad guys are those that the author made to be seen as evil.

It's great to know that in the end of the world, though, people will throw themselves down in front of God like zombies in an endless parade as we all worship and worship and worship and worship... Wait... How the HELL is that paradise?

It's just like John Milton put it: The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make a heav'n of hell, and a hell of heav'n.

aw man vplj i need a bible to do cool stuff like that
and I was kind of mocking what all the christian gay haters say, though I guess you could call ostracism a form of eradication.

I'm sure much of what's attributed to Jesus was said by somebody, possibly even Jesus, and it's more of the "be a decent person" than "burn in hell" sort of thing.

Well the New Testament was sort of "uh guys um I'm cool and all."

and I remember reading something about how all those lovely things Jesus said only applied to his followers. As in, love thy neighbour [if he's one of us!] and stuff. idk.

The parable of the... Ok, I forget the name of the parable, but he uses it to say all should be loved

I am likely completely wrong, though, as this is the stuff force-fed to us by the school board. They tend to leave out the parts with the raping, killing, people being assholes, etc.

I am likely completely wrong, though, as this is the stuff force-fed to us by the school board. They tend to leave out the parts with the raping, killing, people being assholes, etc.

Hey, they did that at my church, too!

What a co...
wait.

Well they won't talk about things that make the product look bad, that's just bad marketing.

When I was made to go to mass this Summer the priest said that atheist were only atheist because they didn't want to make the effort to love Christ and they they were dumb, which was kind of rude imo
Because i didn't do anything for him to call me lazy and dumb ):

if you rape an unmarried girl and you're caught: you have to pay her dad and get married, and the two of you can never divorce.

Please remember that this was written 1500 years ago, when women were objects.

The Bible teaches you to love and respect everyone who's a Christian like yourself. And technically not even that.

Wrong.

Matthew 5:44: But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.

Exodus 21:20-21 'If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.'

Obviously, this won't make sense; remember, the bible was written was back before slavery was illegal. The same law was in effect 150 years ago in the US.

Exodus 21:7 'If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as menservants do. If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself, he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her.'

See Eevee's quote.
1 Timothy 2:11-15 'A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing - if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.'

http://www.womenpriests.org/scriptur/timothy.asp
http://strivetoenter.com/wim/2006/12/02/what-does-1-timothy-211-15-mean/

Exodus 35:2 'For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath if rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.'

Also the following people can't approach the altar of God, according to Leviticus 21:18-20: the blind, the lame, the disfigured, the deformed, the guys with crippled feet or hands, hunchbacks, dwarfs, people with general eye defects, people with festering or running sores or men with damaged testicles. That's kind of mean.

http://www.leithart.com/archives/001595.php

That passage is talking about the requirements to be a preist.

Leviticus 18:22 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable'

The Catechism of the Catholic Church states "men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies ... must be accepted with respect, compassion and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided."

I think it says not to have gay sex. I don't think it says not to have gay relationships.

Leviticus 18:29 'Everyone who does any of these detestable things - such persons must be cut off from their people.'

If someone at school or whatever found out you had sex with a donkey, wouldn't you want to be cut off as well?[/humor]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom