• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they should be aloud to be together not cuz i want them to tho, but because i can't think of a reason for them not being together, so i dont have a problem unless they "try it" on me. Otherwise i just dont really care.

so i dont have a problem unless they "try it" on me.
I find it rather confusing how many heterosexual people seem to have this unfounded paranoia that gay people will make unwanted sexual advances on them. For example, one time I was telling my dad how I was interested in going to an all-girls college, and he responded by saying that he's not sure if I'd like it because all those lesbians might try hitting on me and get mad if I turn them down. :P But why should it be any worse for me to have to reject a female than a male? Why are females so much more likely to be angry about it than males?

Because homosexuals are all raging paedophiles and will come and rape you because that's what they do.

Okay, I've been reading too many quotes from that fundamentalist site, but still.

Because homosexuals are all raging paedophiles and will come and rape you because that's what they do.

Okay, I've been reading too many quotes from that fundamentalist site, but still.
Oh of course, how I could I forget. :P Silly me.

Apparently we're werewolves, too, and can only die when shot by a silver bullet. I'm seriously not making this up.

[Incidentally I accidentally outed myself to that quote. I was like "wait so I'm a werewolf now?" to some guy I was talking to. oops.]

wow this trolling sure is creative

edit: wow cool this "delete posts as spam" option looks useful

We read over some papers in Religion class today (>.> Religion class is mandatory in my school), and one of the ones I read... XD This were old projects from last year's Grade 12's...

The person apparently was against gay marriage. The amusing part? They thought goy marriage was one of the signs of the Rapture. As in, the apocalypse, the day the good are sorted from the evil

XD I just found that too funny. I had to post it here :3

I think that when it was implemented it was decent as a temporary measure, so that people could get used to the idea of gay people serving in the military, be it in a hidden way. But it's been around for years now, years and years of discrimination. Might as well make women disguise themselves as men and make people of different races wear beige foundation, anyone who's different might disrupt the fragile balance in the military.
I especially don't understand why America, The World Police, known to the rest of the Earth as That One Country That Loves Shooting People and to Europe as Those People We Have To Help Back Now Uggghh, would reject perfectly healthy men and women on the basis of something that doesn't concern anyone else. Something that isn't a disability in any way, shape or form. Come on America, you're so keen on sending people out to get killed or scarred for life, send in the faggots too, maybe you'll get rid of some.

I mean, this interview, for one:
From the Repubble Presidential Candidates' Quiz Show on CNN Tuesday, June 5, 2007:

Scott Spradling, WMUR-TV:
Congressman Paul, a question for you. Most of our closest allies, including Great Britain and Israel, allow gays and lesbians to openly serve in the military. Is it time to end the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy and allow gays and lesbians to serve openly in the U.S. military?

Ron Paul:
I think the current policy is a decent policy and the problem we have with dealing with this subject is we see people as groups-- that they belong to certain groups, and that they derive their rights by belonging to a group. We don't get our rights because we're gays or women or minorities, we get our rights from our Creator as individuals, so every individual should be treated the same way. So if there's homosexual behavior in the military that is disruptive, it should be dealt with. But if there's heterosexual sexual behavior that is disruptive, it should be dealt with. It isn't the issue of homosexuality, it is the concept of individuality and individual rights. If we understood that, we would not be dealing with this very important problem.

Wolf Blitzer, CNN:
Governor Huckabee, I want you to weigh in as well. Do you believe it's time to allow homosexuals to serve openly in the United States military?

Mike Huckabee:
Wolf, I think it's already covered by the Uniform Code of Military Conduct. I think that's what Congressman Paul was saying. It's about conduct, it's not about attitude. But I'd like to ask you, you said a moment ago that you were all going to give us a chance to deal with the issue of immigration.

Blitzer (crosstalk): We're gonna come back to that.
Huckabee (crosstalk): I hope you'll do that.
Blitzer (crosstalk): We will. We'll, we're gonna come back to that.
Huckabee (crosstalk): You hold us to it, we'll hold you to that.
Blitzer (crosstalk): We're gonna come back, we're gonna come back to immigration. But right now we're talking about allowing gays to serve openly in the military. But you're opposed to that.

Huckabee:
I just said, I think it's a matter, it's not, you don't punish people for their attitudes. You punish them if their behavior creates a problem, and it's already covered by the Uniform Code of Military Conduct.

Blitzer:
So you wouldn't change existing policy.

Huckabee:
I, uh what?

Blitzer:
You wouldn't change existing policy.

Huckabee:
I don't think that I would. I think it's already covered by the existing policy that we do have.

Blitzer:
Mayor Giuliani, recently we've learned that several talented, trained linguists -- Arabic speakers, Farsi speakers, Urdu speakers -- trained by the U.S. government, who learned those languages to help us in the war on terrorism, were dismissed from the U.S. military because they announced they were gays or lesbians. Is that, in your mind, appropriate?

Rudy Giuliani:
This is not the time to deal with disruptive issues like this. In 1994 we went through this and created a tremendous amount of disruption. Colin Powell, I think, was still the head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, before he left at the beginning of the Clinton Administration. He came to the view that this was a good policy, and I think in a time of war, a time when we're trying to deal with this kind of transition to a new kind of warfare that we have to be fighting (and I don't think we've gotten all the way there yet) that we need a hybrid army, we need to look at nation-building as part of what we have to teach our Army, I don't think this would be the right time to raise these issues. I think we should rely on the judgment of our commanders in a situation like this. They know what's disruptive and what's not. At a time of war, you don't make fundamental changes like this.

Blitzer:
Thank you, Mayor. Governor Romney, the Mayor referred to the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy which was implimented during the Clinton administration after Bill Clinton became President. In 1994, you were quoted as saying that you advocated gays being able to serve openly and honestly in our nation's military. The question to you is, do you still feel that way?

Mitt Romney:
No, actually, when I first heard of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," I thought it sounded awfully silly; I didn't think it would be very effective. And I turned out to be wrong. It's been the policy of the military for what, 10, 15 years, and it seems to be working, and I agree with what Mayor Giuliani says when he says that this is not the time to put in place a major change, a social experiment in the middle of a war going on. I wouldn't change it at this point. We can look at it down the road. But it does seem to me that we have much bigger issues that we as a nation have to be talking about than that policy right now.

Blitzer:
Senator McCain, you've been involved in military matters virtually your whole life. What do you say?

John McCain:
We have the best trained, most professional, best equipped, most efficient, most wonderful military in the history of this country. And I'm proud of every one of them. [Applause] There just aren't enough of 'em. So, I have to rely on our military leadership in whom we place the responsibility to lead these brave young Americans in combat as we speak. So I think it would be a terrific mistake to even open the issue. It is working, my friends, the policy is working. And I am convinced that that is the way we can maintain this greatest military. As much as I revere the greatest generation, as much as I love my own generation, this is the very best. Let's not tamper with it.

Blitzer:
Is there anyone here who believes gays and lesbians should be allowed to serve openly in the United States military? If you do, speak up now. [Silence] .

Or this:
"What an outrage that, for the first time in our nation's history, the organized forces of perversion were feted in the White House.
"When he signed the 'hate crimes' legislation -- itself a terrible act -- President [George H.W.] Bush invited the heads of homosexual lobbying groups to the White House for the ceremony. As Congressman Bill Dannemeyer (R-CA) said, 'It's a tragic message that is being sent,' that normality and deviance are equal.
"I miss the closet. Homosexuals, not to speak of the rest of society, were far better off when social pressure forced them to hide their activities. They could not be as promiscuous. Is it any coincidence that the AIDS epidemic developed after they 'came out of the closet,' and started hyper-promiscuous sodomy? I don't believe so, medically or morally."
Ron Paul (R/L-TX), or whoever was writing his newsletter for him that day, in Political Report,, June, 1990. Reported in The New Republic, January 8, 2008.

Is intolerable. To me, at least.
I don't know, I guess I just don't understand.
Oh well.

That's pretty sick. I know absolutely nothing about the military and what goes on there, but the don't ask, don't tell policy just seems like mindless and pointless prejudice. And dismissing gay linguists? That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard. I do love how they try and try to dodge the questions, though.

The second quote doesn't even deserve a response.

It's, erm, stupid. I don't get it. The other armed forces do just fine. I don't get why America is so different - that's what they're saying, essentially. "All other countries can work with THE GAYS but America can't. We just can't."

It shouldn't even be an issue. The army isn't about who you fuck, it's about who you're told to kill. Jesus, how hard is that? Plus the American army isn't the best trained army, wtf?

FRIENDLY FIRE is pretty much the first thing I think when I think of the US Army and after that it's "MOTHERFUCKING HUGE BUDGET."

gays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom