• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Gay people are happier than heterosexuals, except for when they're being treated badly by heterosexuals." In quotes because this is completely untrue.

i'm not sure which i hate more

'GAY PEOPLE ARE EVIL' or 'GAY PEOPLE ARE TOTALLY AMAZING BECAUSE THEY'RE GAY'

In the future people will shun those who are gay because by then we'll be adults, and most of us grew up saying "O HAI UR WEIRD UR GAY." The point of that is when you call people by a slur that makes the word having a negative connotation, deviating the word (in this case, "gay") into a one no one wants to be called by. And thus we will think gay=not good, all because we made an innocent word bad.
If that makes sense.

Just when I thought there was hope for US, this happens.

One step forward for one group, one step backwards for another.

Nonono D:

Argh, I can't believe this.

It's kinda funny how the US takes one step forward and then another one right back. :/

Or maybe because it's not common enough? This may not have happened to everyone, but at least I suddenly stopped being straight one day.
Though I would assume it's much less heard of when you become straight.

No, you didn't. You don't change orientations. You were never straight in the first place.

K I didn't know what Proposition 8 was untill a minute ago and might I say what the fuck. I thought CA was one of the non-git states

Sadly, no.

These are the results (and projected results) for a ton of the propositions and amendments that were voted for/against last night.

Oh, America.

Edit: This sums it up rather well, I think:

No matter what happens in Florida, Arizona and in California with Proposition 8, the entire process is a travesty. What kind of nation let’s a majority of citizens vote on the most basic rights of a minority? Perhaps, we should drive this point home in the next election cycle by sponsoring ballot initiatives that ban Mormon marriage or Evangelical marriage. We could air millions of dollars of ads discussing polygamy or snake handling in churches. I think these bullies would be shocked to learn that they are not much more popular than we are in a beauty contest of belittlement.

What disgusts me is that $70 million has been spent on the California marriage battle. It is a fight that, in the end, will not impact a single heterosexual marriage, and this is proven by the fact gay people have already been marrying in California for five months – and the world has not ended.

When one thinks of all the orphans that could have been fed with the money used to attack gay families, it is hard to consider our opponents real Christians. Their priorities are so misplaced and skewed that it is appalling. The only things they genuinely seem to worship are political power and discrimination.

From here.

Last edited:
^ That was a good article. Very true.
And Prop 8 in California is still too close to call. 52-48 with 95% of precincts reporting; it still has a chance of failing!

Fine. Two steps forward and four back - for Cali, Arkansas, Arizona and Florida. :/

Sorry; I'm still not impressed.

No, you didn't. You don't change orientations. You were never straight in the first place.
Oh, I'm not so sure! I mean, your sexuality isn't really fully developed from birth, so I imagine there could be some... fluctuation around the teenage years. I'm sure it's quite possible that, as you say, he didn't know his sexual orientation initially, but became aware of it later; but I wouldn't rule out the possibility that a person actually changes orientations. After all, humans grow and develop as time goes by... You never know!

This is hardly my area of expertise, though. I guess I had better keep my mouth shut.

This is embarassing, to tell you the truth.
Some people in my class are still supporting this because "people will think gayness is normal".

wtf

If you (for some stupid reason) don't want your kids to think that, teach them, but dont' take away somebody's rights! If we replaced gay marriage with interracial marriage, there would be a big shithole and everyone would make a big deal and oh they're so racist.
Since it involves gay people who are clearly the greatest evil thrown upon this ball of dust, it cannot be~

I'm pretty sure no everyone is born a certain orientation. I mean some people choose what orientation they want to be and some are born one. Just because you were born a certain orientation doesn't mean everyone else was born theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom