• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
CONSERVAPEDIA IS EPIC FAIL

Sorry, but my Critical Thinking teacher told me about that site and I had to laugh out loud at the stupidity. It's worrying to think that people use the internet as their key information source when there are sites like that open.

I don't get your point, sorry.
I'd elaborate on why I don't but I just don't get this one post. Honestly not trying to be mean or anything, I'm just retarded.

Dannichu said it annoys her when people become straight after calling themselves bi/gay, and said it doesn't happen. I said that it does happen and is similar to when gays start noticing the same sex around puberty. Harle then said they were never straight in the first place. My post that you quoted basically said that 'they' (meaning the people that annoy Danni by going straight) were never really bisexual/homosexual in the first place.

I still have 50/50 odds on Conservapedia ending up to be a huge hoax.
You'd think that even if it was originally intended to be a joke, uber-conservatives would start visiting the site, agreeing with what it saysm and eventually editing it themselves. And if it wasn't meant to be a joke, you'd think some liberals or moderate conservatives would go to the site and see how much ridiculous nonsense they can post and still get away with it. Therefore, it seems to me like the site is a bit of a mix of serious and troll. If that makes sense.

Okay, I found out about a week ago that my best friend believes homosexuality is wrong. D: Almost all my other friends are cool with it, as far as I know, and since she's my best friend it just kind of shook me. I could launch into a debate about why it's not wrong, but a. I'm not actually that skilled with real-life debates, b. she's a Christian (if there were a scale where at the lower end are Christians who are Christians in name and belief and God but almost nothing else [like I used to be] and at the upper end were radicals, she'd be around the middle), and c. she's my best friend so I don't want to debate with her. D: [/randomrant]

Dannichu said it annoys her when people become straight after calling themselves bi/gay, and said it doesn't happen. I said that it does happen and is similar to when gays start noticing the same sex around puberty. Harle then said they were never straight in the first place. My post that you quoted basically said that 'they' (meaning the people that annoy Danni by going straight) were never really bisexual/homosexual in the first place.
Oooh right
emotdownszs5.gif

Well in that case Danni's right, gay/bi people never become straight :v

And yeah, Conservapedia is like 90% serious and 10% undercover troll.

I.... don't remember saying that at all. o.o Can you quote the post where I said that (not because I don't believe you, but I want to see how I phrased it), please?

I should stop going on the forums past 4am because I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about.

Sober (lucid, at least), I can say that I honestly don't have much of an opinion on it, though there's much more evidence to sexuality being unchangable, and those stupid organizations that "turn people straight" are absolute crap and just one step away from the electrocution torture used against gays back in th' day. I remember feeling physically ill after my old psychology teacher told us about how the "cure" for lesbianism used to be letting her be raped repeatedly by her husband :/

Hm...I think orientation can change, in the same aspect as other likes and dislikes change. I mean, I may not always like apples, and I may not always like dudes. I haven't always had a foot preference or a fat fetish, those developed on their own.

Thing is, I don't think one is programmed straight from birth as to whether one will be straight/bi/gay/whatever. It developes due to some kind of factors (dunno what exactly) and can change.

That was Alexi's shower pondering for the day.

Hm...I think orientation can change, in the same aspect as other likes and dislikes change. I mean, I may not always like apples, and I may not always like dudes. I haven't always had a foot preference or a fat fetish, those developed on their own.

Thing is, I don't think one is programmed straight from birth as to whether one will be straight/bi/gay/whatever. It developes due to some kind of factors (dunno what exactly) and can change.

That was Alexi's shower pondering for the day.

No, this is biology. I am not attracted to women. It's not merely a preference - oranges over apples, for instance - it's I am not able to have sex with a woman.

It just doesn't work. You don't change orientation - one doesn't go from straight to gay or gay to straight.

It just doesn't work. You don't change orientation - one doesn't go from straight to gay or gay to straight.

See this is where you're wrong. Not all people's sexaul orientation develops the same, no matter how much you can to believe it does. Some like you said are born gay/straight/bi/whatever whilst others either experiment and then choose their sexuality or base their sexuality on their environment.

I remember feeling physically ill after my old psychology teacher told us about how the "cure" for lesbianism used to be letting her be raped repeatedly by her husband :/

You're not the only one disturbed by that. See things like that piss me off. There is no "cure" for sexuality either. Sexuality is after all a perferred taste in gender.

I don't disagree with you completely, Jason-Kun, but it would be great if you'd stop saying that people "choose their sexuality", because that's really off.

I don't disagree with you completely, Jason-Kun, but it would be great if you'd stop saying that people "choose their sexuality", because that's really off.

Well if they expeirement and then pick one gender to date or both, does that not count as choosing their sexuality?

The thing is, Jason-Kun, you can't just decide that you'd suddenly rather - forgive the expression - have sex with one gender over another.

See this is where you're wrong. Not all people's sexaul orientation develops the same, no matter how much you can to believe it does. Some like you said are born gay/straight/bi/whatever whilst others either experiment and then choose their sexuality or base their sexuality on their environment.

You're not the only one disturbed by that. See things like that piss me off. There is no "cure" for sexuality either. Sexuality is after all a perferred taste in gender.

Sex, not gender. There's a difference.

I remember feeling physically ill after my old psychology teacher told us about how the "cure" for lesbianism used to be letting her be raped repeatedly by her husband :/
that's sick

Jason dude. If one feels the need to "experiment" then they must not be sure whether they are straight or not. No matter what the result is, it's still not a choice

Jason, it sounds like what you're saying is that a person chooses who he or she dates and screws, but not who he or she is attracted to. Difference.

Well if they expeirement and then pick one gender to date or both, does that not count as choosing their sexuality?

Not really - you'd choose which one you'd like more, sure, but the one you like more isn't itself a choice, no.

Danni here's the quote:
"It" in this context is talking about how some people go from being gay/bi to straight.
You know why it's not a word? Because it doesn't happen. News flash! People don't suddenly stop being whatever orientation they are.
The more I think about this, the madder I get.

Also
Jason the absolute only people that you can even be close to describing are those psuedobisexual girls who make out with other girls solely to attract other guys. If they actually like it, then they like it; if they don't, they're just doing it so that other dudes will think it's "hot" and will want to do a bisexual girl.
Sick and twisted world, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom