• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how there's still people in streets at night parading No on 8 X3
FIGHT FOR THE RIGHTS, CALIFORNIANS!
(I would but I'm 12 D:)

Yeah, it had already been passed but it became effective today, right?
Washes away a tiny bit of the bitterness from Prop 8. At least Massachussets hasn't gone all retarded and tried to revoke their gay marriage rights. (all the bills voted on have failed spectacularly :v)

At least Massachussets hasn't gone all retarded and tried to revoke their gay marriage rights. (all the bills voted on have failed spectacularly :v)

I am positive Massachusetts is trying to emulate the Netherlands. First samesex marriage, now they've decriminalised marijuana.

What about the windmills and cheese and canals?

Why yes, I do imagine Holland to actually look like its Street Fighter stage (that is, a perfectly flat expanse of land filled with nothing but tulips and windmills).

Nonono D:

Argh, I can't believe this.

It's kinda funny how the US takes one step forward and then another one right back. :/

Not really... I mean think about all the way back to when the country was founded... By Christian Fundamentalists. It only makes sense that we would try to burn everything that doesn't conform to an ultra-conservative take on the bible.

Also, the hasn't been any officially documented studies saying the children raised by homosexual couples are inept. Additionally, the idea of abuse is not specific to Homosexuality, some people think it is for some reason =/. And bullying is not a result of bad parenting, its a result of a bad school environment.

Also, what happened to separation of church and state?

Not really... I mean think about all the way back to when the country was founded... By Christian Fundamentalists. It only makes sense that we would try to burn everything that doesn't conform to an ultra-conservative take on the bible.
The founding fathers weren't ultra conservative or Christian Fundamentalists.

Also, what happened to separation of church and state?
In America, it never happened (probably never will), even though the Bible states that the church and state should be separate. (Matthew 22:21 'Render unto Ceaser what is Ceaser's, and render unto God's what is God's.')

EDIT: here guys have some rage:
fuckyoumikelesterxd6.bmp

this is p. funny since mormons were the guys who really helped push Yes on 8 so the pedophile and plygamist dudes should be tearing the gay couple to shreds

I would get uber mad right now. But then I remembered - I'm English. It's stupid of me to say, but I'm not entirely sure what the current situation is here on gay rights...of course they're allowed to be gay and such. But I think they're not allowed to get married...but they might be able to adopt...I'll have to check up on it. ><

Still, after having a few Critical Thinking lessons, it makes me wonder about a lot of things, in both my own country and others.

I would get uber mad right now. But then I remembered - I'm English. It's stupid of me to say, but I'm not entirely sure what the current situation is here on gay rights...of course they're allowed to be gay and such. But I think they're not allowed to get married...but they might be able to adopt...I'll have to check up on it. ><

Still, after having a few Critical Thinking lessons, it makes me wonder about a lot of things, in both my own country and others.
Homosexuality is, of course, legal. They also have an equal age of consent law, anti-discrimination laws in all areas (employment, services, etc.), recognition of gay couples, joint and step adoption, the right to change their legal gender (for transsexuals, obviously) and access to IVF for lesbians. They are also allowed to serve in the military (I think the US is the only first-world country that still has that retarded no-gay policy, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).
Marriage is still illegal (though a poll showed that 55% of Britons support legalizing it :) ) and men who've ever had sex with men (ever, even if it was like once twenty years ago) are not allowed to donate blood. I find that last bit unfair, actually, but that's another story.

EDIT: Pfff when I compare Britain's stats with Belgium's I find it a bit silly because of the huge differences between some things, like homosexuality being legal here since 1844 when it only got de-criminalized over there in 1967 (1980 for Scotland and 1984 for Northern Ireland. Belgium is nothing compared to Holland though, who made it legal in 1811 :v), or gays being allowed to serve openly since 1976 as opposed to your 2000.
Belgium is gay as hell.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't see why they don't just call it marriage over here. Civil partnerships get you the exact same stuff, but having a different thing for different people is still not cool.
Sure, it'd piss some people off, but we don't have giant churches of angry Mormans with bazillions of dollars, so we'd be okay.

I think homosexual marriage should be legalized everywhere. Love is love. However, I've never been to sure about homosexual adoptions - Part of me is for, part is against.

Yeah I don't see why they don't just call it marriage over here. Civil partnerships get you the exact same stuff, but having a different thing for different people is still not cool.
Sure, it'd piss some people off, but we don't have giant churches of angry Mormans with bazillions of dollars, so we'd be okay.

when I am older I am so going to push for civil unions to be called marriage. Churches don't have to have anything to do with the thing, I just don't want my marriage to be different to a straight couple's.

What's the point of having a different name for it if it is pretty much the same? >>

Also, I was watching the news the other day, and they interviewed this guy on gay marriage. He said this: "Gay marriage shouldn't be legal and if it is, it shoudn't be called marriage. I only recognize marriage as being between a man and a woman. Having it include homosexual couples would be like saying heterosexual is some kind of plant!"

I was like whut...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom