• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they're the PEOPLE'S CHOICES. You're TAKING THEIR RIGHTS AWAY!
Any other questions?

Umm, yeah. How is something that harms nor even affects anyone (gay marriage) the same as those things that do cause harm (murder, theft, irresponsible drug use, etc)? Because some book says it's bad? That's what VPLJ asked in the first place, and you still didn't answer it.

Umm, yeah. How is something that harms nor even affects anyone (gay marriage) the same as those things that do cause harm (murder, theft, irresponsible drug use, etc)? Because some book says it's bad? That's what VPLJ asked in the first place, and you still didn't answer it.

I answered it. Look at my post directly after Surskitty, at 5:40.

I answered it. Look at my post directly after Surskitty, at 5:40.

Oh, now I see the error of my ways! That is so obviously an unbiased source of information.[/sarcasm]

You know everything on that page is pure, unfiltered bullshit, right? Hmm, I wonder why gays have such a higher level of depression. Surely it isn't because they've been persecuted at all, nuh uh.

Also, I'd like to see their proof of "higher levels of domestic abuse in areas where gay marriage is accepted" and stuff like that. Sounds like a case of "80% of statistics are completely made up" scenario to me.

Last edited:
Can you give us an answer without pointing to religion-based websites or the bible, please? Why you personally find homosexuality wrong?

So because you don't like the sources, you can disregard everything they say? Wow. Way to be unbiased.

It's not that we don't like the sources (although we don't), it's that they're obviously disgustingly biased.

Let's think.
a) The person you love is the same gender as you.
b) It's been frowned upon for millennia.
c) It doesn't contribute to society.

a) it's not hurting you at all; so fucking what
b) the idea of women having equal rights was frowned upon for a long time too and we got past that; so fucking what
c) i could name so many things that don't contribute to society that you probably aren't against; so fucking what

Way to go. You just provided a totally biased carpet view of millions of people. That will convince me. The fact is, the majority made their choices and voted against something they didn't like. That's the beauty of democracy--if you don't like it, move to Cuba.

I'm willing to bet many of the people who voted Yes on 8 didn't know much about it beyond the outright lies they were given by the groups who were against gay marriage.

Also, how were the anti-Prop. 8 guys any different? For one thing, that ad of Mormon missionaries going into a home and ripping a marriage license up. Tell me that that is a nice, kind, unbiased, true thing to say.

that's uh pretty much what you're doing

They weren't really lying; they were going at it at a pretty extreme angle, admittedly, but that about sums it up. On the other hand, the Yes on 8 commercials fed outright lies to people.

But they're the PEOPLE'S CHOICES. You're TAKING THEIR RIGHTS AWAY!

But by giving some people those "rights" you're taking away the rights of others to, oh I dunno live. Tell me right now who is being killed because of homosexuality.

But by giving some people those "rights" you're taking away the rights of others to, oh I dunno live. Tell me right now who is being killed because of homosexuality.
It's called sarcasm. Live with it.
They weren't really lying; they were going at it at a pretty extreme angle, admittedly, but that about sums it up. On the other hand, the Yes on 8 commercials fed outright lies to people.
It. Was. Lying. Crap. I'm Mormon, okay? I know what we do and what we don't do. Got it?

I don't know; maybe the sources are biased. Give. Me. Proof.
If I see proof that the sources are biased and that the information is junk, then maybe I'll believe you guys.

Can you give us an answer without pointing to religion-based websites or the bible, please? Why you personally find homosexuality wrong?
You may not like it, but it's because of my religion. Feel free to call that invalid, but it isn't.

On a broader scale, I do not find having homosexual feelings to be wrong. Many people have them without a choice. However, I find expressing those feelings to be wrong, just like I find things like adultery to be wrong. Sexual feelings are mainly for one purpose on a broad scale of things: reproduction. Bringing new life onto this Earth. Expressing them in other ways is wrong.

b) the idea of women having equal rights was frowned upon for a long time too and we got past that
Matriarchal societies have existed. Some societies were against equal rights, some weren't. Also, women are not a way of thinking. They are a gender. To say that because women deserve equal rights, gays deserve equal rights is an inaccurate point of view.

For the record, I would post more detailed responses but for the fact that this is something like ten to one. Get over my not posting graduate theses in response to every single counter-examination. Maybe I have better things to do.

You're doing the exact same thing Sir Lucario did: Not making sense, then calling debate bullshit on us, and then leaving.

Real nice.

Yet the other people here only contradict what other people say against it, usually not giving any evidence of their own. Other than free rights and stuff.

You're doing the exact same thing Sir Lucario did: Not making sense, then calling debate crud on us, and then leaving.

Real nice.

Me? If I'm not making sense to you, that's your problem, not mine--in my opinion, my posts are far clearer than all of yours. Besides, I CANNOT be expected to refute 10 people at the same time. If you don't like it, get some more people to join my side.

It. Was. Lying. Crap. I'm Mormon, okay? I know what we do and what we don't do. Got it?

You support taking away the rights for a large group of people who have never done anything to you or anyone else for pretty much no reason, except that your religion says to, again without any real reason. Ripping up a marriage contract accurately describes it.

I don't know; maybe the sources are biased. Give. Me. Proof.

The site was called Mormon Times. You want evidence that it's biased? May as well call it "We Love the Bible" and ask for proof that it's biased.

You may not like it, but it's because of my religion. Feel free to call that invalid, but it isn't.

If I inherit a religion that says that women who are raped must marry their rapists, blacks should be used as slaves, women should never have equal rights, and I need to murder all that disagree with said religion, it's my religion and you need to step down and let me kill/rape/enslave/wifebeat.

On a broader scale, I do not find having homosexual feelings to be wrong. Most people have them without a choice.However, I find expressing those feelings to be wrong, just like I find things like adultery to be wrong. Sexual feelings are mainly for one purpose on a broad scale of things: reproduction. Bringing new life onto this Earth. Expressing them in other ways is wrong.

Was it you who said that you don't care what people do in their bedrooms or someone else? o_o

Matriarchal societies have existed. Some societies were against equal rights, some weren't. Also, women are not a way of thinking. They are a gender. To say that because women deserve equal rights, gays deserve equal rights is an inaccurate point of view.

No, it's really not; you can't control your birth gender or your sexuality any more than you can your natural hair and eye color. Homosexuality is, yes, a way of thinking, but not one you can control. You can decide whether or not to act on your sexual feelings, but you don't choose the feelings themselves.

You can control you feelings of sexuality, J.T. at least to some degree. Go see a psychiatrist. Talk it through. You can get mental help.

You can control you feelings of sexuality, J.T. at least to some degree. Go see a psychiatrist. Talk it through. You can get mental help.

Take that comment and shove it. I swear I could almost feel my blood boil when I read that.

You shouldn't fucking need to repress/get help for/whatever gay thoughts. They're not the end of the world. They're not some mental disease. They will not hurt you or anyone else. You act like homosexuals are actually dangerously ill. "YOU CAN GET HELP FOR YOUR DISEASE"

Also, I'm almost sure that repressing sexual feelings like that would lead to serious emotional problems.

Last edited:

Anyways, by "not making sense" I didn't mean it in terms of clarity; I meant it in terms of intelligence. Your messages were clear, alright: they were clearly bigotry.

It does not make any more sense to condemn homosexuals for being, oh, natural, and for causing no harm to you whatsoever.

Said the fourteen-year-old.

Sex is an expression of love (to some people, anyway >>) and as such, it shouldn't be supressed because some obscure book from so long ago says it's wrong. I get horny over boys and girls and I'm cool with it; it's not controlling my life or anything. But if I happen to fall in love with someone of the same gender as me, hell, I'm gonna show that person what they mean to me by giving them the best pleasure a human being can naturally feel.

If God meant for humans to only fuck to reproduce, why did he make it feel so good? Not very tought through, I do say.

Sex is an expression of love (to some people, anyway >>) and as such, it shouldn't be supressed because some obscure book from so long ago says it's wrong. I get horny over boys and girls and I'm cool with it; it's not controlling my life or anything. But if I happen to fall in love with someone of the same gender as me, hell, I'm gonna show that person what they mean to me by giving them the best pleasure a human being can naturally feel.

Exactly.
I will not hold back if I love someone and if I am loved back.
Why would we do that? We would just go on being miserable.

Plus, Alexi is right.
Gay sex is just SO AMAZING!

also for the record i'm straight, but i'll be damned if any group of people will be discriminated against for something like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom