• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, I doubt that. It's much more likely that there'll be more people comfortable with relationships regardless of gender. Maybe their tastes'd be different, but I'd assume "everybody approaches bi" would be much more likely than "everybody approaches gay".

Well, it's likely that the 10% will grow bigger. After all, it seems like the world gets more comfortable with it as time goes on.
Hahahahaha yes there definitely were very little homosexuals back when it wasn't socially acceptable!

Come it, it's not catching. You don't suddenly wake up queer.

Well, it's likely that the 10% will grow bigger. After all, it seems like the world gets more comfortable with it as time goes on.

Well, technically, it probably will not grow bigger. There may be as many, or even more, homosexuals when it wasn't socially acceptable, but since they were hiding their homosexuality, we will never know the actual number of homosexuals. The percentage may rise as the world gets comfortable with homosexuals, but that may just mean that more of them are "coming out of the closet", not that there are more homosexuals in general. Another thing is that, as more homosexuals admit they are homosexuals, they probably will not reproduce (at least, not by having sex with a person of the opposite gender) and pass on their genes. This may actually cause the homosexual population to drop.

Of course, they could do the whole "sperm-egg-donor" thing to have children, which then please disregard the second half of my case.

Homosexuality might not be linked to any genes or might even be a recessive gene that requires two sets for homosexuality to be expressed.

the gay virus bomb levels the straight factory
gaybombr.gif

Step 1. Fix civil unions: make them equal to or better than marriage.
Step 2. Give everyone civil unions.
Step 3. Separate marriage and law entirely.

Anyone can hold whatever ceremony they want; the legal significance comes with something else, and is available for any couple who wants it.

Problem solved possibly? who agrees \o/
I like it, at least. I want my legal thing to just be a legal thing. afaik here in Canada, there needs to be some sort of ceremony performed by someone with the authority.

I think marriage is kind of silly, yes. I like love without rituals. "Do whatever you want" also holds, though, of course; if you like the idea of ceremonies for love, go ahead. Silly can be good. Just, please, do something new; the usual ceremony is... usual and not even interesting in the first place.

Last edited:
Going through all that trouble seems silly to me when it's much simpler to just legalize marriage?
Plus civil unions are already available to both straight and gay couples only straights don't get one because marriage is like a non-shit version of a civil union.

Going through all that trouble seems silly to me when it's much simpler to just legalize marriage?
Plus civil unions are already available to both straight and gay couples only straights don't get one because marriage is like a non-shit version of a civil union.

My parents have a civil union :( it's exactly the same as being married in the UK! (except when straights get a civil union it's called marriage and when gays get one it's a civil union)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom