• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine that suddenly the tables are turned. Atheists are a majority and religious people are treated like freaks. And the nicest atheists pity you because they claim you have a mental disorder. Don't worry, it's not your fault or anything!

And that's not even a perfect analogy; you can choose your religious beliefs, but you can't choose your orientation. So even if this were the case, you'd still be better off than homosexuals.

Epic post, but

Teh Ebil Snorlax said:
In 2006, the United States of America officially becomes completely free of anti-gay laws.

never before has the word "officially" hurt so much. Hello, DADT.

Guys. If one person claims there is a pink dragon that inhabits their bedroom, we call them crazy. But if people claim to see white virgins that are immaculately conceived and the whole plethora of obvious namblewamble that the Bible spews forth, then we call it religion.

"You talk to god, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic."

To be fair I don't see much difference.

RELIGION IS NOT AN IMMUNITY TO ARGUMENTATION

The above post is the best thing ever.

Ebil Snorlax

that was the best post I have ever seen

+9001 reputation points to you, my good man.

And to you too, Castform.

Epic post, but

never before has the word "officially" hurt so much. Hello, DADT.

Aw shucks guys.

Also, Danni, yeah, I get where you're coming from. Technically it's not "anti-"gay, more, I dunno, neutral? Though it's encouraging repression, so I dunno. I'm against it obviously, but I'm not sure if it's explicitly anti-gay.

EDIT: My favourite part of that LGBT timeline thing, btw, is that Mary Tudor repealed sodomy laws in the 1500s. Yes, Bloody Mary Tudor, the Catholic Queen of England, repealed sodomy laws.

Last edited:
I think it's explicitly anti-gay since it specifically targets gay people in a negative manner. It's like if there was a law saying you could buy a house but if anyone found out you're gay you'd get kicked out.

... legally. not so much socially, which is what I'm concerned about >:(

but yeah. Yay for (admittedly slow) progress!

EDIT: My favourite part of that LGBT timeline thing, btw, is that Mary Tudor repealed sodomy laws in the 1500s. Yes, Bloody Mary Tudor, the Catholic Queen of England, repealed sodomy laws.

I love it XD

I'm also fond of the fact that lesbianism was never outlawed in the UK because Queen Vic, bless her, didn't think two women could have sex.

That's a matter of opinion. Rome was the basis for the modern world. Latin was the basis of a lot of modern languages (and sounded awesome).

That's a matter of opinion. Rome was the basis for the modern world. Latin was the basis of a lot of modern languages (and sounded awesome).

I don't think Rome was the "basis" for the modern world, but I will not deny the historical significance of Latin.

Homosexuals often don't have the choice, they are simply born with that mindset. And even if they do have the choice, it isn't a problem. Illegalizing homosexuality? Seriously?
Is it really right to use petty human laws to restrict the way someone thinks? I'm guessing there are at least a few people here who have read George Orwell's "1984". Noticing any similarities? "Thoughtcrime", anyone? Yeah. It would be sad if that was the road we were going down.

As someone who is bi, I know people don't just "decide" these things. I hate when people make statements that imply or directly state that we are choosing our orientation, that we can change, or that we are lying "just to be cool." I don't think I choose to like my two best friends, one a girl who I'm in a complicated relationship with and the other being a guy. Actually, my closest friends, but for one who may or may not be, are either bi or gay. o_O I should've seen it coming. xD
I am bi and I am proud!

^ even worse than people who say we lie it to be cool is the ones who legitimately do. they make the rest of us look really fuckin' bad (this is why i do not care how catchy I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry is, i still refuse to ever listen to it) by being pathetic themselves. the sad thing about the stereotype of "bisexual people are total whores who are faking it just to be cool" is that there are far too many people who actually do fake it just to be cool and it pisses me off whenever i see one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom