• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How To Tell Happiness?

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to tell how happy your Pokémon are. If you keep pampering them, they get happier, but I don't know how, if there is a way, to tell how happy they are.

There is an app on the Poketch called the Friendship Checker:

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Poketch Guide by Deezlink said:
Function: Indentifies Pokemon that like you.

Use: (All credit for this goes to trrerid).
"If you tap anywhere on the screen that there
isn't a Pokemon, Pokemon with a high attracion
will come to your stylus. Also the levels
of friendship shown are
1.No hearts
2.Small heart.
3.Two small hearts
4.Two big hearts."

Obtained: Talk to the brown haired girl in the Enterna City
Pokemon Center.

Tips: The TM Return (Does more damage if the Pokemon
likes you) can be more powerful if you teach it to a
Pokemon that likes you. :P

Credit

There's also Dr. Footstep on Route 213, who doesn't exactly tell you how high is its Happiness, but he gives you an idea. And when it's really high, he gives you a ribbon, so I guess that could work.

I think there's a woman in the Pokemon Fanclub that checks friendship levels, but I'm not sure.

There's also Dr. Footstep on Route 213, who doesn't exactly tell you how high is its Happiness, but he gives you an idea. And when it's really high, he gives you a ribbon, so I guess that could work.

I think there's a woman in the Pokemon Fanclub that checks friendship levels, but I'm not sure.

I second this as the best answer.

This is why the Poketch/PokeGear needs a friendship-scoring device.

Also, holy wrong board, Batman!

If it doesn't, then what's the app with your party floating around in it with the hearts that appear when you touch them with the stylus supposed to be? Happiness = friendship right?

or have I failed at detecting sarcasm again or something

Two hearts that get bigger mean max happiness, although you can usually evolve them with just two normal hearts.

Not necessarily, I find that after you get two hearts, you still have to go a bit longer to evolve. I know, it's annoyed me to no end. I had to do all the happiness evolutions in one burst and without any happiness berries, I had to just run around.

Took me around 35000 steps WITH Soothe Bells attached to ready them. Just a heads up.

Poketch app. :
http://www.pokewiki.de/Zuneigung#Pok.C3.A9mon_Diamant.2C_Perl_und_Platin
No heart : Between 0 and 99 Happiness Points
One little heart : Between 100 and 199 Hap. P.
Two little hearts : Between 200 and 254 Hap. P.
Two big hearts : 255 Hap. P.

Happiness Rater :
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Happiness#Happiness_raters
"It looks really happy! It must love you a lot" : 250-255
"I get the feeling that it really trusts you" : 200-249
"It's friendly toward you. It looks sort of happy" : 150-199
"It's quite cute" : 100-149
"You should treat it better. It's not used to you" : 50-99
"It doesn't seem to like you at all. It looks mean" : 0-49

A Pokémon that evolve by happiness needs 220 happiness points, so it should evolve if it has two little hearts.

And it should take 56,320 steps to a Pokémon without happinness to make it evolve without Soothe Bell. However, most Pokémon have a base Happinness of 70, which means that it should take 38,400 steps without Soothe Bell, or 19,200 with (except for Chansey, who has a base happiness of 140 : 20,480 steps w/o Soothe Bell and 10,240 w/).

My tip is use Return and the Poketch and keep battling. Using items (sans herbs) and levelling up raises happiness.

Or, if you don't mind cheating the time function, you can just set it to 11:59 and keep going to the Ribbon Syndicate spa and the massage by the woman in Veilstone.

Back
Top Bottom