• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I demand to know what is going on.

I like stunfisk, but if it's causing people problems (and it was starting to give me a headache) then that's not exactly good. :|

I didn't have any problems with the previous layout, but if other people did, it's okay to take it down... even though I liked the maggyos all over the screen. :< Maybe there should be a maggyo style too to make up for it. *slapped*

Also, didn't Big Red Cherry Bomb (i still call him/her FMC all the time hehe) say he/she was female about a year ago? o_o

Flüttershy ♥;479913 said:
... 'weak-eyed members'? Please avoid ableist remarks. Also my vision is fine and the other style made me nauseous.

Okay, BRCB is actually disabled, which does really suck. But how the hell else am I supposed to describe you people who are...pained by contrasting brightness? See, that's long-winded and kind of odd sounding. Please give me a term to use next time if you don't like mine.

If it helps, my eyes get to be weak in their own different way by not being able to read this text if it's a foot from my face without some sort of vision aid.

On a slightly different note, I think we should keep both of these styles as "FUCKIN NANCHO PARTY Style" (with some warning about bright colors) and "Beatdown (Strider Style)"

Oh. There is a thread on this.
Well then allow me to say: This is fucking ridiculous. And the attitudes being thrown around aren't any better. ~Get over it~ ~Just a joke bro~ ~APRIL FOOLS LOL~, Fuck the lot of you - some people have serious reactions to bright colours, and it's already caused some physical illness just coming here. It has nothing to do with ~Oh it's only a day~, there is an immediate reaction just for coming to the site for some.
Then Zora got told to 'get over herself', BRCB's issue was ignored largely, didn't somebody say April Fools is fun? Because that's spot on, it's certainly meant to be, and this fucking isn't.

Yeah. I mean, I'm sorry for BRCB and Zora and our other weak-eyed members, but all the admins were trying to do was make this a FUCKIN NANCHO PARTY and you guys are like "bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeh change". It's one day.

Gee, so fucking sorry for being weak eyed, but I can't even handle the toned down style because it's in blaring fucking white ala Minimal Dewgong. That's all well and good if /you can change it/, but now we can't.
I'm fine with staying off the forum for a day, too, but now I'm told some of my best friends, and my girlfriend to boot, having to lay down and feeling sick and being told to get over themselves. I have a goddamn migraine and dizziness as is now and am going to have to go lay down. Get over yourselves. This isn't amusing, this isn't [lol homestuck reference], this is abusive and fucked up.

Well then allow me to say: This is fucking ridiculous. And the attitudes being thrown around aren't any better. ~Get over it~ ~Just a joke bro~ ~APRIL FOOLS LOL~, Fuck the lot of you - some people have serious reactions to bright colours, and it's already caused some physical illness just coming here. It has nothing to do with ~Oh it's only a day~, there is an immediate reaction just for coming to the site for some.
Then Zora got told to 'get over herself', BRCB's issue was ignored largely, didn't somebody say April Fools is fun? Because that's spot on, it's certainly meant to be, and this fucking isn't.

We're tryyyyying to get this all resolved. Infractions and warnings have been issued, and I'd like to take the moment to tell everyone that just because today is a silly holiday, that doesn't mean you're exempt from the rules, either.

Gee, so fucking sorry for being weak eyed, but I can't even handle the toned down style because it's in blaring fucking white ala Minimal Dewgong. That's all well and good if /you can change it/, but now we can't.

I have mentioned this before to opal; the only people who are capable of changing anything are Butterfree and Negrek :\

I'm fine with staying off the forum for a day, too, but now I'm told some of my best friends, and my girlfriend to boot, having to lay down and feeling sick and being told to get over themselves. I have a goddamn migraine and dizziness as is now and am going to have to go lay down. Get over yourselves. This isn't amusing, this isn't [lol homestuck reference], this is abusive and fucked up.

I agree, and the mod team is taking a more assertive approach at discouraging put-downs and hipsterisms, both intentional and unintentional (this was recently discussed).

As a stop-gap measure: try this.

I'm sorry to anybody I offended with any of the stuff I said, it really does suck for you. You're right that this shouldn't be mandatory. Still, I don't think that so many bad reactions to this could have been anticipated.

ALTERNATIVELY, if you people would rather not see me around I could leave for a week or so. The people who would care can already contact me other ways.

Sorry.

The style was changed. It was bright coloured and was changed to white. How is that doing nothing exactly? The entire theme was changed within half an hour because of complaints, even though the majority of the forum enjoyed it, because yes, it did bother and even hurt some people, which should not and was not ignored.

Look, I suffer from migraines, and I know that I sure as hell am not going to post on a forum when I get one. (I'm not going to try and invalidate you getting one from a plain white forum, because we're all special snowflakes, but please do acknowledge that changing the entire theme is not doing nothing.)

I know, right? I usually hate yellow, but this style isn't eye-hurting yellow. I actually like this shade of yellow.

Why does it say "Bachuru style by Kratos Aurion" at the bottom of the style? If that's true, is Kratos behind all of this?

But thank you so much. :D

Edit: But wait, it links to Pathos. So confused. :/

:C Oh goodness I'm sorry that my reaction to the colours caused so much trouble, guys. I just tend to respond really badly to bright/clashing colours, patterns of black and white (like tile floors, they make me dizzy after a few seconds), and flashing gifs for longer than a second or two. I rested for a while last night and feel a lot better. (also thanks to Kusa for telling me about the archive mode, that was helpful)

The white style is nice though, even if I'm not a Homestuck fan, and I really like the Joltik one, which I'm using now. I hope this one stays O:

Again, I'm sorry. OTL

Please don't apologise for speaking up that you had a problem. If you've got a problem, you should say it rather than be uncomfortable in silence.

Why does it say "Bachuru style by Kratos Aurion" at the bottom of the style? If that's true, is Kratos behind all of this?

But thank you so much. :D

Edit: But wait, it links to Pathos. So confused. :/

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's an accident. The link redirects to the last poster in thread 1964, and it presumably pointed at Kratos when it was copied. It should point to Kratos's profile directly.

EDIT: Also, seconding Tailskitty's above post.

Right. Your friends were right to be concerned about you and say something; it would have been preferable if they'd kept slightly cooler heads, but as they were worried that's understandable.

I'm glad to see that you're feeling better, though!

@Whirlpool: I didn't put that there and frankly am mildly miffed with whichever admin did for precisely that reason. Credit could've waited until after, dammit. >|

@Whirlpool: I didn't put that there and frankly am mildly miffed with whichever admin did. Credit could've waited until after, dammit. >|
HOW DO I USE COMPUTER

HOW DO I SUBTLETY AND TACT

GUHHHH

Some things seem like good ideas at four in the morning.

I guess I must be the only one who has no idea what this stuff is.

I see the Dewgong in the logo is replaced by some little armless dude with sunglasses, and there's what appears to be a pile of muppets in the corner, and the font is different... but... I don't really get the joke, other than the "change the forum style to something weird" part.

NOOOOOOO
NOT YOU COMIC SANS

Also, why do so many Internet people have an irrational hatred for this font?

Back
Top Bottom