• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I may have found "The One"!

You've heard of Zoosk, right?

I found this smokin' hot black chick (Cuz everybody, here, out of my friends IRL, and in my family, knows that's all I ever found attractive) on there, she contacted me, and she gave me her digits. I think she might be worthy of possibly sharing the same last name as me.

I finally feel somewhat happy.

I think she might be worthy of possibly sharing the same last name as me.

Out of curiosity - please don't take this offensively, it's not intended that way at all - how do you figure? Have you talked to her a whole lot or are you basing this off the fact that she was attractive, black, and willing to continue talking to you?

You've heard of Zoosk, right?

I found this smokin' hot black chick (Cuz everybody, here, out of my friends IRL, and in my family, knows that's all I ever found attractive) on there, she contacted me, and she gave me her digits. I think she might be worthy of possibly sharing the same last name as me.

I finally feel somewhat happy.

Lol I thought you meant you've found Neo

But good for you!

turbo you just shattered my HEART

i mean
yeah good luck with that

You must be mistaking me for someone else. I am not Turbo. I never even met the guy.

EDIT: Maybe my parents will finally know who's having their grandchildren. They don't seem to care I only am attracted to black chicks. I mean, my little sister once dated an Asian guy for Arceus's sake! But that was just a fad for her.

EDIT: Maybe my parents will finally know who's having their grandchildren. They don't seem to care I only am attracted to black chicks. I mean, my little sister once dated an Asian guy for Arceus's sake! But that was just a fad for her.

I would hope not! Love should be able to transcend racial boundaries. It shouldn't matter if your sister's dating an Asian chick (why would it matter if that was "just a fad" anyway?) or if you're lusting over a black girl. The way you phrased that implied that it should matter. Love doesn't give a shit about racial boundaries. Bringing it up is implying that it should!

Trust me, my parents have known I only like black chicks for a while. And they don't seem to mind. Even my GRANDMA, who's turning 85 tomorrow, knows too [albeit she didn't know that until much more recently], but she doesn't really care which ethnicity I like, as long as she gets at least one great-grandchild before she dies.

But I don't know WHY I exclusively like black chicks. I just find them to be much better-looking than girls who are white, Asian, Hispanic, etc.

Trust me, my parents have known I only like black chicks for a while. Even my grandma, who's turning 85 tomorrow, knows too [albeit she didn't know that until much more recently], but she doesn't really care what ethnicity I date, as long as she gets at least one great-grandchild before she dies.

that wasn't the point of the statement >< the point is that they shouldn't care that you only like black chicks. By bringing up the topic and pointing out that yes, your parents are cool with you only liking black chicks, it's like you're expecting them/us to think that it's not ok for you to only like black chicks. Which implies that only liking black chicks is somehow extraordinarily different from only liking white chicks. Which implies that the racial barrier matters. In other words, it's like passive racism.

I tell my real-life friends this ALL THE TIME: I am not racist, I just don't really find anything else attractive.

EDIT: Curse you Poly, you're really confusing me.

EDIT: Curse you Poly, you're really confusing me.

I believe what Poly's saying is basically "it doesn't matter what race/whatever you like, implying that it does/should is unintentional/subtle discrimination"

(Poly, feel free to correct me if I'm incorrect/whatever.)
(also, I apparently like/have fun using slashes)

I think there's something a little out of place with you... If you're a straight male, you should not be aroused by just one kind of girl. I mean, I prefer blonde or redheaded chicks with blue or green eyes (though I lust after cute Asians as well... anime influence), but I feel excited by all kinds of girls, as long as they are good looking to me, and that includes the opposite of what I like.

Another thing which is more on-topic than the subject of racism... I've found a dozen "The Ones" in my life, and they appeared to me initially that way, but when I got to know them better I learned quite a few of them were absolutely insane chicks with whom I would never have a stable relationship. I'd say, give it at least two or three months of close contact with the person before you're able to tell if ey's "The One". Of course, love at first sight happens, too, but it's very rare really.

Last edited:
I think there's something a little out of place with you... If you're a straight male, you should not be aroused by just one kind of girl. I mean, I prefer blonde or redheaded chicks with blue or green eyes (though I lust after cute Asians as well... anime influence), but I feel excited by all kinds of girls, as long as they are good looking to me, and that includes the opposite of what I like.

Please don't tell people what they should and should not be aroused by!

Not gonna comment on all this racism or not stuff, I get your points, but don't feel like adding anything. There's no such thing as "the one", only people who have personalities that complement and match yours, as well as bodily functions that work with yours. Indeed, since we all are unique (You're unique! Just like everyone else!) there will be few human beings who actually teams up with you in an almost perfect way, so in theory, there could be only one girl/dude who works with you, but that's highly unlikely.

Of course, to find out if two humans really match eachother one should use scientific, chemical, biological and psychological methods, as well as spend a considerable amount of time with one another to learn about habits and lifestyles.

To me, this seems rash and the probability that this truly is "the one" is quite low, so my advice is as follows: If you really think and feel that you would work and function well in a relationship with this girl, by all means, go for it, but keep in mind that it will take a lot more than some chatting to get to know eachother. You have hereby been Nanab'd. (Wow, there's something seriously wrong here. I'm giving advice about love? The irony. <.<)

Please don't tell people what they should and should not be aroused by!

I didn't mean it as an offense. I was just giving an example of how it works for me... I prefer some kinds of girls aesthetically, but the girl that I was closest to having a long-lasting relationship with didn't fit my criteria of "most attractive" at all, and I was still aroused by her.

There's so much more than the visual that matters in a relationship... The feel of the skin, the perfume, the connection of the mind. For me there's also another element which I call "charm" that's something intangible and the best way I can explain it is that when you have the feeling that everything in that person falls into place. We have preferences, but we shouldn't rule out other possibilities because of them.

man you guys
who are you to say that turbo squishier /hasn't/ found the one and that it ain't love at first sight

it does happen y'know
it happened to me
but The One for me lives in a different universe which is absolutely tragic and so i say to you turbo squishier, get in there son and go for it!!! DO IT FOR THOSE OF US WHO CAN NEVER BE WITH OUR THE ONE.

Back
Top Bottom