• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I put the "x" in pixel

actually, my program of choice is Paint Shop Pro :D but thanks

here's some more!
para_1.png

Tuora - THIEVING POKÉMON
ghost

para_2.png

Parauder - THIEVING POKÉMON

description that explains things, c&pd from my pc thread:
This line is based on the para, which is a neat little spirit-creature in Finnish folklore (I just recently found out about this thing and found it fascinating). A para steals things from others and brings them to its master, ain't that cute? It can appear as a ball of yarn or a roll of birch bark, or alternatively as a cat or a bird. The design of the fake (done by my sister, again) combines some of these elements.

EDIT:
ibis.png

Akhenost - SPIRIT BIRD POKÉMON
ghost/flying

liz_1.png

Soliz - SLOW LIZARD POKÉMON
grass

liz_2.png

Paneliz - SOLAR PANEL POKÉMON
grass/steel

liz_3.png

Flappanel - SOLAR PANEL POKÉMON
grass/steel

Last edited:
here's the fourth and last legendary, it's not part of the alien trio. Sort of like Arceus (it's actually kindasorta related to it).

brot_mandelbrot.png

Fractone (Mandelbrot Forme)
???
SELF-SIMILARITY POKÉMON

(use the move Curse in battle>>)

brot_sierpinski.png

Fractone (Sierpinski Forme)
???

fractals! they are everything. I believe in fractals only.
(notes: might edit/redo Sierpinski Forme's sprite later since it was a pain in the ass. Shading and stuff is really weird on Mandelbrot but that's mostly because it is supposed to be odd.)

maybe no one will comment on these either
then everyone can be joyous

EDIT:
too tired to write things
here. have a horrendously watermarked dexthingy instead
will post separate sprites + species etc later
vk_wm.png

Last edited:
thanks!

redid the middle evo of the fire starter because it looked like a garbage can!
oru_2-1.png

then, trainer sprite failure
1gym_ice1.png

how do i ahfleagliea

ouchhhhhhh
it's supposed to be the ice gym leader pimp man dude but that's what happens when I do trainer sprites!

anyway, not much new stuff because I've been too busy playing things and doing things and doing nothing
the dex project is going to be finished alright, just not now. summer makes me non-productive

here's a shitty sprite edit custom pokeball for your 'enjoyment' though!
1_forgeball.png

it's called Forge Ball and it's sort of like Net Ball except for fire and steel types
the colours are terrible but blerghhhg

long time no sprite; being the graphics girl in a little practice game project at school reawakened my inner spriter O:
'oh noooo', you say. 'it can't be true no no no'

but it IS

here are some resprites/edits of some of the previous pogeys:
cock-1.png
sukelt_2-1.png
ibis-1.png

met_dormant-1.png
met_active-1.png

com_dormant-1.png
com_active-1.png

And a new line:
boil_1.png

Boilorm - STEAM POKÉMON
fire/water

boil_2.png

Eruporos - STEAM SNAKE POKÉMON
fire/water

they shoot flames from their hand-things
they fly around by releasing pressured steam from their tails
pchooooo

aoufhashfjalgn

THE RETURN!!!!!!!!

Yes yes yes these new ones are cool. Ouroboros is a cool concept for a fire/water mon, and I like that you didn't do the "ONE FIRE HEAD ONE WATER HEAD" that seems to be prevalent amongst the fandom. Looks cool, too.

Boilorm reminds me of a rubber ducky, haha

Aaa thank you C:
maybe I'll make a fire/water/grass pokemon with three heads to compensate for that |D

Boilorm can heat your bathwater while acting as a rubber ducky
it is PERFECT :B

suddendly, angstbats!

mur_1.png

Disabat - SAD BAT POKÉMON
fire

mur_2.png

Furnasa - BITTER POKÉMON
fire

mur_3.png

Murcimor - FURNACE POKÉMON
fire/ghost

long story short: bat is sad because it has small shitty flappy arms instead of wings, next step: it gets bitter about it. Bawws itself to death and becomes an angry, fire-y ghost bat.
Has no cool mythology base or anything but damn do you need one for an ANGRY FURNACE GHOST BAT?!

the old designs were boring and bleh so I went and redesigned the whole line in my drawbook on a lesson P:

EDIT: speaking of redesigns, I decided I'd put up with Fractone's sprites' general awkwardness for long enough so I did something about it.
The situation called for a complete resprite plus a bit of redesigning. Turned out unexpectedly cutesy but I guess that's ok since it's an 'event legendary' of sorts.

brot_mandelbrot-1.png

brot_sierpinski-1.png

Last edited:
Okay, you probably posted that in the wrong place (not to mention your image isn't working) so I'll just try to ignore that.
try double-checking before you post or something next time >:V

anyway
next: a bunch of pokermans based on critters from the Burgess shale
because I love those things
they're not fossil pokemons because IF this thing was in a game, they would be found in some underwater cavern, as living fossils

first in line is Wiwaxia
wiw_1.png

Wiwant - ARMORED POKÉMON
water/rock

wiw_2.png

Spiwaxia - ARMORED POKÉMON
water/rock

I kind of took some liberties with this because I thought making a pokemon that is just a ball of spikes and scales would be pretty weird
thus, legs and eyes

more to come

I really love all your fakemon sprites! Not only are they well-designed, but the sprites themselves are very excellently done c:

I especially loved the chalk mons a few pages back, they looked so huggably adorable somehow

Wow I love your art! I wish I had your pixel art skills... And it would be awesome if you opened a request thread
awesome for me anyways...

You have a real talent.

If I ever encountered any of your Pokémon in my game, I would experience joy like you have never ever seen.

I can't think of any faults. This is just perfect.

Thanks, all of you OuO

Haven't been in a fakemon spriting mood lately, but here's a sprite I'm gonna use as an example (we have to do this presentation thingy; supposed to teach the rest of the class something so I chose pixel art):
tut_kreetur.png

it's a thing

Loooong time no see because I'm boring I guess?

anyway, summer equals FREE TIME and that means pokemans
redid/edited a bunch of sprites and designs from last year and also learned how to make trainer vs faces in the proper style ????

here's a collage
collage.png

the trainer faces are 'sprite edits' (read: there are probably five pixels in each of them that aren't edited.) I realized I just need some kind of a base to work from, so they're like 95% scratch and 5% official sprites
if you can guess what trainers they're edited from, you'll get a free sprite
not even kidding here, it's pretty impossible P:

I remember when I first joined I would always check out your sprites/fakemon :o

Back
Top Bottom