• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center: Part Deuce

So this is the plot that I've cooked up:

It's been years and years since we all jointed together, so what happens on this world has become standard for everyone.

When the worlds merged together, all of us were in disarray. The incident that jointed them together caused mass destruction in the worlds. Resources became scarce, and we nearly burned through them all in the first half year. Drought and famine would have ensued if action hadn't been taken when it did.

Now we don't know who they were at first - we still don't. But six individuals formed a Council that was able to handle the shortages. And one year after they banded together, they disbanded, with the single suggestion that we give the power on the world to six new individuals, and do so every year after
they disbanded, and so on and so on.

It's worked for now, but the second group suggested that they choose their successors. That didn't strike me as odd at first, but now...

Well, I'm not sure. Something's not right, and it's becoming even less right with each year. But what?

The colonies of the different worlds, worlds that merged together, have operated in relative peace for nearly a decade. Every year, six individuals are chosen by the current leaders of the world to become the new leaders. They decide how to run the matters of the world - everything from which areas get which supplies, to the individuals that run the individual areas. It is all well and good, for the most part.

Or at least, until recently. The current leaders of the Colonies are seemingly far less involved in the world's matters than before, and the people are noticing. There have been dissenters and rioters. Others still are spreading rumors of the leaders' attempts to create the perfect weapon.

What is the truth, really? And who can be trusted among everyone?

Now I'll be perfectly willing and happy to pass this off to someone that can make the plot decent.

I was thinking of making a RPG with as much of a GAME aspect as possible, with classes and level-ups and skills and boss battles and moral decisions and character alignments and several endings.

Would anyone be interested in that?

o yes please do this. It would be like a text based D&D!

Would anybody be interested in a Naruto based RP, the other idea I had would be too much for me right now, since I can only use my iPod.

OK, reworking Exo-Raikou's idea a bit, here's what I've come up with.

57 years ago, explorers of the multiverse happened upon an unusual land. The plane was rich in resources and energy. It was lush and fetid, with unusual fauna and flora, and a multitude of landscapes to please anyone. Soon, the knowledge of this plane spread as denizens of various universes came upon the technology to travel to other planes.

At first, it was large enough to accommodate anyone who came, but soon, it filled up, and skirmishes occured. They continued until about 14 years ago, when instead, a handful of powerful individuals managed to collect material and support to instead create an independent entity on the bountiful plane. Using the support of colonists and the resources that came forth as a result, they fended off all comers and forced a compromise, by which they would dictate commercial activities and would, in effect, become the new political rulers of the plane.

And so, this council did just that. Their rule was restrictive, but fair, everyone had a place to live, food to eat, and many actually enjoyed newfound wealth, their homeworlds had to pay for the resources being extracted after all.

That only lasted for the first 6 years. 8 years ago, the council was slowly cycled out in favor of new members, a way to ensure that the council would always run things fair and square.

So they said. The current leaders of the Colonies are seemingly far less involved in the world's matters than before, and the people are noticing. There have been dissenters and rioters. Others still are spreading rumors of the leaders' attempts to create the perfect weapon.

Resistance tends to be crushed ruthlessly. However, things seem to be getting more and more unsteady every day. It doesn't help that administration seems to be growing more and more corrupt, and less and less people are getting their needs fulfilled.

While most want things to be right again, there are a few revanchists who want to revert the control of the plane to their homeworlds.

These sentiments all lead down a slippery slope, and something has to give, somewhere.

Alright, that's what I've got. Improvements and suggestions, please.

Storm, that idea's GREAT. I suggest that there be a few DMs (or maybe one main DM and several "lesser" DMs,) since that sort of mass-placed RP would be a bit tough to manage on one's own.

OK, reworking Exo-Raikou's idea a bit, here's what I've come up with.

57 years ago, explorers of the multiverse happened upon an unusual land. The plane was rich in resources and energy. It was lush and fetid, with unusual fauna and flora, and a multitude of landscapes to please anyone. Soon, the knowledge of this plane spread as denizens of various universes came upon the technology to travel to other planes.

At first, it was large enough to accommodate anyone who came, but soon, it filled up, and skirmishes occured. They continued until about 14 years ago, when instead, a handful of powerful individuals managed to collect material and support to instead create an independent entity on the bountiful plane. Using the support of colonists and the resources that came forth as a result, they fended off all comers and forced a compromise, by which they would dictate commercial activities and would, in effect, become the new political rulers of the plane.

And so, this council did just that. Their rule was restrictive, but fair, everyone had a place to live, food to eat, and many actually enjoyed newfound wealth, their homeworlds had to pay for the resources being extracted after all.

That only lasted for the first 6 years. 8 years ago, the council was slowly cycled out in favor of new members, a way to ensure that the council would always run things fair and square.

So they said. The current leaders of the Colonies are seemingly far less involved in the world's matters than before, and the people are noticing. There have been dissenters and rioters. Others still are spreading rumors of the leaders' attempts to create the perfect weapon.

Resistance tends to be crushed ruthlessly. However, things seem to be getting more and more unsteady every day. It doesn't help that administration seems to be growing more and more corrupt, and less and less people are getting their needs fulfilled.

While most want things to be right again, there are a few revanchists who want to revert the control of the plane to their homeworlds.

These sentiments all lead down a slippery slope, and something has to give, somewhere.

Alright, that's what I've got. Improvements and suggestions, please.

ABSOLUTELY
FRACKIN'
LOVE IT.

It sounds like it would last for a while, as well, being that awesome. I CALL BEING A PONY

Alright, as Raikou said, yes, I will definitely need people to help me manage this. Benefits include being a faction leader.

I'm also going to want to come up with a sketch of the world's geography for convenience's sake. Anyone up for helping me toss that together?

Well I can coDM I am almost always on. And could be the leader of xenomorphs, of allowed. As for the map, you should use minecraft, it is an endless world game, then use minator to look at the terrain.

Having seen this, I am going to temporarily lift my self-imposed "don't DM an RP" for this, if you'll have me. As for a map... That, I have no idea for (Some kind of paint or photoshop-esque application, maybe?)

Twenty Minutes Into the Future, the world ended. It did not end with mankind's stupidity, as was expected. No, instead the supervolcano that slept underneath the American National Par of Yellowstone finally erupted, covering the plant in ash and a devastating winter.

Humans were slowly dying out, and to save the species, they modified individuals to survive in the dangerous environment of the new world. This generation was hardy and strong, and for a select few, super-powered. Some humans, being humans, rejected the
new generation and worked to end the production of these people.

Now, there exists two factions of these super-powered individuals; one who just want to be left alone and the other that wants to prove their superiority to the old humans. So when important members of the old part of the species started to be systematically murdered, the blame was obvious.

However, they were wrong, and now the two factions must join up to find the truth and save their lives.

Sounded a million times better in my head, and that's part of the reason I'm trying to get GMs to bounce ideas off of and get something for refined. I'm trying to make an RP with heavy plot, but a lot of character freedom and I hope that it doesn't go horribly, horribly wrong.

Anyone interested?

SO.

It was a golden age - the regions all banded together, united by the training of Pokemon. The sport had reached its biggest boom yet, the Champions of each region treated like superstars, their Pokemon lavished and heralded as the very best. Everything was controlled and calculated, Pokemon bred solely for battle, the industry fuelling itself with the mania of the spectators and the enthusiasm of the trainers.

The rumblings of discontent of those who hadn't ever been trainers or seen the appeal, the ones who had failed and been passed over because they had dropped out of the sport - they were all ignored.

A plot was hatched that each Champion and Elite Four member would enter a tournament to select the greatest out of all of them. An event centred around puffing up egos and earning more money - but the glory was unmatched. For a prize, many extremely skilled and exquisitely bred Pokemon were chosen, and placed in a chamber in Mount Silver, awaiting the true Champion's arrival. There, he would choose his perfect new team, and use them for the next tournament, carving a path to ever greater glory.

He never reached the chamber.

There was an uprising, a riot as taxes rose to cover the cost of the tournament, and the trainers were taken unawares. In the confusion, the stadium was brought down by frightened Pokemon, the trainers fighting for their lives to escape. The death toll was a shock, and one that kept on mounting as both citizens and trainers grew paranoid. Anyone with a Pokemon became a target for mobs, and anyone with a Pokemon team was able to enforce with the authority of certain death. Atrocities were committed, ones sorely regretted later. The bond between human and Pokemon, the trust, was broken, diverging completely until Pokemon and human no longer lived side by side.

Ten years.

Twenty years.

Fifty years.

Through it all, the Pokemon in the chamber, kept in prolonged statis through technology, slept.

Now, almost a hundred years later, a chance expedition uncovered strange tunnels in Mount Silver, and people wishing to colonise and explore are clamouring to investigate.

Time is running out.

Alright, that's the revamped version. Now, I need help. Is this okay, to begin with? Can all the old fans - and whoever is interested now - work with this? Should playing humans be allowed - because honestly, I always only get one or two - or should I NPC them? How's the reaction to an experience system like Sanctic? More to come tomorrow when I'm not being kicked off. :/

WAAAAAAAAANT!

Depending on how the Exp. system would work (I assume it would differ from Sanctic's in some way,) I'd be in support of this.

As for playing humans, the few humans we've have been great, so maybe they'd just need to make an elaborate form.

Totally, I am so in to that, I love RPs where I can play as a pokemon. Yes yes yes, only thing better would be to be a legendary, eh but you cannot ask for the world and expect to get it now can ya!

Back
Top Bottom