• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center: Part Deuce

Alright, after listening to these two songs (Here and here) , I'm thinkin' I'd like an RP in which the players are the bad guys. Entirely. Only do-gooders are NPCs. You know, maybe the first competent evil organization in Pokemon. (Maybe something not pokemon at all, but meh.) All the players would basically start as just a little ragtag group, and in time everyone starts to get real power and become big-time executives.

Anyone else think that sounds fun? Keep in mind, 'evil' in this context isn't the same thing as an all-hating angst-filled guy who smacks somebody when they mention anything remotely happy. Though there could be one or two characters like that.

Alright, after listening to these two songs (Here and here) , I'm thinkin' I'd like an RP in which the players are the bad guys. Entirely. Only do-gooders are NPCs. You know, maybe the first competent evil organization in Pokemon. (Maybe something not pokemon at all, but meh.) All the players would basically start as just a little ragtag group, and in time everyone starts to get real power and become big-time executives.

Anyone else think that sounds fun? Keep in mind, 'evil' in this context isn't the same thing as an all-hating angst-filled guy who smacks somebody when they mention anything remotely happy. Though there could be one or two characters like that.

Sounds interesting, but technically the group needn't be evil so much as immoral or with poor intent for the general populace. In Pokemon, I'm not sure how though, most ideas have been used. If anybody's got any idea post it up

Sounds interesting, but technically the group needn't be evil so much as immoral or with poor intent for the general populace. In Pokemon, I'm not sure how though, most ideas have been used. If anybody's got any idea post it up

Purty much, yeah, and I'm having issues on what their whole plot would be. I can certainly say it's better than Team Aqua's or Team Magma's.

Alright, so here's what I've got after some junk on Wikipedia.

This 'organization' seems to have an admiration of Kronos (or Cronus. Not sure what's better for use here) , due to him ruling during "the Golden Age." And like him, they believe that before they can take power and rule a peaceful, new world, they need to sin themselves, one which will involve violence, trickery, and a shift in the power.

Kronos was overthrown by Zeus, and they are well aware that power will likely shift later, but they work for this supposed 'world peace,' even if it were to only last for a day.

Anywhos, that's my idea, regarding their whole theme as a group. I think in general, their whole domination plan would just be basically like a war; strategic dominance. Maybe cause a bit of inner turmoil here and there.

SO GUYS i know I haven't properly started an RP in aaaages (October at our store is like December to normal retail! The joys of working at Value Village/Savers!) but after Halloween I should have time - I have a few ideas! What would you guys like me to do? I know lots of you like my RPs for some odd reason.

1. Birds! Just finished watching Rio for the second time and its like...my fave movie ahaha, plus I just like birds. I'd have to make up a plot but does anyone wanna play a bird?

2. Sunflower let me reboot her old MLP RP that never took off! Ponies for all!

3. Something more D&D inspired maybe? I don't have many ideas here, but.

So guys, input?

Birds, yes birds. Darksong and I would be 110% sure to join a bird RP, no matter what the plot is...

Okay so I was listening to some song, (I dont know what its called) and i got an idea for an rp. First of all, all the characters would be pokemon, just because I like it like that. It would be about a few friends who lives on the same street, who keep having either the best dreams, or the worst nightmares. And then one day, they start to come to life. I think it would be called "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" or something like that. Im thinking of making it, but I want to see what people think first.

Dream roleplay sounds great.
Maybe the stuff from the dreams could be stuff from the actual dreams of the players.

I thought about that, but then I realized that I can never remember my dreams XD

Okay so I think the bird idea is a go. I may try and do ponies too, after or possibly at the same time if (and only if) i can get a comod, though probably just after.

So, as for the bird thing, anyone have ideas where our birds would be from? I either wanna do tropical, or sort of a collection so you can be whatever. I have a plot mostly figured out now!

Okay, so I was watching the music video for 'Welcome to the Black Parade' by My Chemical Romance...and it made an idea spark in my mind.
It wasn't the song itself that made it, though; it was the title.
So, here it is.
Six people are at a parade in their town...when 7 cloaked men appear on a float. One stays on it and the others get off and mingle into the crowd.
The men found six ordinary people and force them with amazing strength to come with them into the float.
When inside, they explain that the six were chosen to be the next generation of "Masque Carnivalia", a group of humans that can use Pokemon techniques while in human form. (They gain some Pokemon characteristics when they become what the men call "Carnies", but nothing too drastically noticeable)
They are each given a different element, the six being Grass, Water, Fire, Ghost, Psychic, and Fighting.
The men explain that the main goal of Masque Carnivalia is basically to live normally and experience what it's like to be human and Pokemon. They say that after they understand the importance of supporting both sides equally, they can become normal humans again.
Not wanting to spill their purpose to the open (and because they would freak out if they saw half Pokemon half human thingymajig people running around), the men drop the six of at a run-down carnival, saying this is where they would stay. And then they left, leaving nothing behind.
Can the six stick together and return to normal?

Not the most descriptive thing in the world, but I promise I'll add more details if I make it.

So...comments?

Okay, so I was watching the music video for 'Welcome to the Black Parade' by My Chemical Romance...and it made an idea spark in my mind.
It wasn't the song itself that made it, though; it was the title.
So, here it is.
Six people are at a parade in their town...when 7 cloaked men appear on a float. One stays on it and the others get off and mingle into the crowd.
The men found six ordinary people and force them with amazing strength to come with them into the float.
When inside, they explain that the six were chosen to be the next generation of "Masque Carnivalia", a group of humans that can use Pokemon techniques while in human form. (They gain some Pokemon characteristics when they become what the men call "Carnies", but nothing too drastically noticeable)
They are each given a different element, the six being Grass, Water, Fire, Ghost, Psychic, and Fighting.
The men explain that the main goal of Masque Carnivalia is basically to live normally and experience what it's like to be human and Pokemon. They say that after they understand the importance of supporting both sides equally, they can become normal humans again.
Not wanting to spill their purpose to the open (and because they would freak out if they saw half Pokemon half human thingymajig people running around), the men drop the six of at a run-down carnival, saying this is where they would stay. And then they left, leaving nothing behind.
Can the six stick together and return to normal?

Not the most descriptive thing in the world, but I promise I'll add more details if I make it.

So...comments?

I think rather than ghost (As much fun as I bet it would be), either ground or rock should be present. Or maybe there's seven of them. (More iconic number, to.)

I think rather than ghost (As much fun as I bet it would be), either ground or rock should be present. Or maybe there's seven of them. (More iconic number, to.)

Yeah, I get how seven would be better. I'll add rock as the seventh...but I may just keep ghost. Unless I find something better. :D

That looks awesome
I'll make a human Gamzee and have him be Fighting
...Meh...I kind of wanted to be Fighting...
But I'll see what I can do.

I guess it's a go!
I'll start working on it whenever I get the chance.

Well, I thought of this last night, and anyone actually like it, I think i'll make it.

A bunch of kids (Who just happen to be pokemon) wake up one day at a beach, no idea how they got there, barely know even know each other, and then, some seemingly random stuff starts happpening.

Some kind of rip in the very fabric of space and time opens up, and one of Frieza's henchmen from dragonball z steps out.

He attacks, they defend themselves, and in the process, find out they have somehow gained the powers and/or abilities of their favorite chararcters from their favorite tv shows.

Then, it's later discovered villans, one from each of the universes of the tv shows chosen by the players, have come into our world somehow, along with the seven magical dragonballs, and are trying to use them to wish ofr world domination.

(I have more plot written down, but I tried to keep this short, and i'm failing already)

Well, I thought of this last night, and anyone actually like it, I think i'll make it.

A bunch of kids (Who just happen to be pokemon) wake up one day at a beach, no idea how they got there, barely know even know each other, and then, some seemingly random stuff starts happpening.

Some kind of rip in the very fabric of space and time opens up, and one of Frieza's henchmen from dragonball z steps out.

He attacks, they defend themselves, and in the process, find out they have somehow gained the powers and/or abilities of their favorite chararcters from their favorite tv shows.

Then, it's later discovered villans, one from each of the universes of the tv shows chosen by the players, have come into our world somehow, along with the seven magical dragonballs, and are trying to use them to wish ofr world domination.

(I have more plot written down, but I tried to keep this short, and i'm failing already)

It seems like it could have some potential. Kinda' seems like a typical 'dimensional mash-up bar-fight' type thing, so it might get really popular for a short while before dropping off into the distance. The main problem with that kind of stuff is it basically takes a bunch of people who are invincible in their own world and throws them at average joes.

Example, you stick Vegeta in the middle of The Elder Scrolls, and it doesn't matter how amped up the DragonBorn is, because Vegeta can create freaking massive craters by screaming. Nevermind what happens in combat. There's also not usually very good explanations for why the dimensions got all screwy.

You're more than welcome to try, and I would probably join if you did, but as a fair warning, don't get too excited or attatched to it. Statistically speaking, Dimensional blip RPs aren't the most stable or really even entertaining out there. (I also wouldn't say that the kids should be Pokemon, because a Sableye with a Bankai (Bleach, iffin you don't watch that one) would not only be confusing, but almost inevitably a Sue. Just saying. They could gain the powers of Pokemon if they really wanted them.)

Back
Top Bottom