• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center: Part Deuce

Alright, I posted this once before, but I got ZERO feedback. At least tell me if it's a bad idea, or I'll just keep posting it.

Gist:

The war between Heaven and Hell is fast approaching. Humans have little defence, and are not yet prepared for this, though. So some angels, known as "Abdal" (Singular:Badeel) have descended to earth to train young humans to help give mankind a fighting chance. Supposedly, there are 356 of these Abdal, and 356 "Apprentices." You are but one of these Apprentices, and your Badeel has grouped you with several other Apprentices and their Abdal. You form a small team, go on a campaign against the forces of Hell, and aim to stop the Apocalypse.

Note on the Abdal in case anyone wants to research it to make sure I'm not screwing up someone's religion: I am. Abdal are, apparently, a group of humans who are divine prophets or something like that. This RP is going to try to mash up as many cultures as possible, as suggested by RPers, as we go. No, you don't have to believe in a God or anything. Be an agressive atheist if you want, hell, let your character be a skeptical atheist if you want.

Sound alright? Potential, maybe? If I get ignored, swear to God, I'll post it again in a couple weeks. At least a "No."

^ :3c oooh, sounds interesting! I'd be for it if you do it. Would we be able to play more than one character? I could have ideas for both Apprentices and Abdal rather easy, as I have a lot of characters, hah!

As for myself, I wanna gauge interest in an RP that takes place in the Minecraft world! I'm still working on a plot but I really like the setting for RP, so I wanna do something with that.

Everyone would have their own Abdal to play as, but the main focus would be on the characters. I'd say that you have 1.5 Characters. It's boosted to two because the Abdal are like seven and half feet tall. Freakin' huge.

For example, if we were to seperate the humans and Abdal for whatever reason, we would follow the humans, and let the Abdal tell their story when we meet back up.

Minecraft... I'm curious to see how that works differently from the game.

I have half a mind to make a thread properly detailing how to make fleshed out characters. There are a number of people here who I've seen try to make a character form, but it's short, and not enitirely descriptive of the character...

I have half a mind to make a thread properly detailing how to make fleshed out characters. There are a number of people here who I've seen try to make a character form, but it's short, and not enitirely descriptive of the character...

I know exactly what you mean...
Do it. Should be hepful.

Agreed. I'm not good at making fleshed out characters, though. It'd help out someone like me. :)

My idea was to pick up after the story and have a patrol, say, in Rausten find a horde or so of monsters. People can be commanding officers or general soldiers for either side, along with a few NPC's from Sacred Stones. I'd like any help and/or support I can get.

Could somebody help out with a Roleplay I am about to make? Here is the general idea.

It will be called Pokemon: The World Tournament. It will be like the Dragonball Z world tournament where the greatest trainers in the entire world will fight to be the best. The Trainer automatically loses if three of his/her Pokemon are knocked out of the ring or if their team is all defeated.

Does this sound like an okay Roleplay or not?

Could somebody help out with a Roleplay I am about to make? Here is the general idea.

It will be called Pokemon: The World Tournament. It will be like the Dragonball Z world tournament where the greatest trainers in the entire world will fight to be the best. The Trainer automatically loses if three of his/her Pokemon are knocked out of the ring or if their team is all defeated.

Does this sound like an okay Roleplay or not?

Hmm...Needs some serious fleshing out.

Oh god this is extremely early but I just want to sound out how many would be up for another reiteration of Dreams of the Past sometime in the spring. Probably April. x3

This either shows I don't give up or I'm just insanely stubborn and unwilling to let an idea die. OH WELL.

Jace, to elaborate on Spunky's comment, while a tournament RP can be done, there needs to be space for character development, subplots and generally players doing crazy shenanigans. Maybe something going on behind the scenes, being able to play as organizers and maybe orchestrating something beyond a tournament itself. A tournament alone is... a bit bland.

My idea was to pick up after the story and have a patrol, say, in Rausten find a horde or so of monsters. People can be commanding officers or general soldiers for either side, along with a few NPC's from Sacred Stones. I'd like any help and/or support I can get.
Well I'm on board.
Oh god this is extremely early but I just want to sound out how many would be up for another reiteration of Dreams of the Past sometime in the spring. Probably April. x3

This either shows I don't give up or I'm just insanely stubborn and unwilling to let an idea die. OH WELL.

Against my better judgement (and meaning no offense to you), I'll throw my weight behind this proposal.

Maybe something going on behind the scenes, being able to play as organizers and maybe orchestrating something beyond a tournament itself. A tournament alone is... a bit bland.

Hmm...Needs some serious fleshing out.

OK, thats sounds good. I shall throw out the World Tournament idea because I just thought of something better.

It will be called Pokemon: Quest to be the Best. It will be a long journey across a region known as Placara that will unite trainers and rivals together. During the travel, the trainers encounter the evil Team Shadow and must stop their plans of conquering th world through the use of the Shadow Gems.

I hope this sounds good.

Against my better judgement (and meaning no offense to you), I'll throw my weight behind this proposal.

None taken. I figured that as long as people are still willing to join and have fun, I might as well revive it - it seems to be a learning experience for me as a GM every time, and I generally like the concept more than any others I've come up with.

Oh, I'll be in. I really wanted the recent iteration to pan out more than it did (those two new characters of mine got no screen time!) so I would support this by far.

I was disappointed (by myself, but that's not anything new) because I really wanted to hand out those little plot snippets. I might not use an EXP system this time around, as I'm still vacillating on whether it'd be easier to determine when to hand out snippets. The experience system was time-consuming and not really a fun job, especially if no one was posting, but it did make it easier to gauge activity, plot development and so forth.

Opinions on whether I should keep it or not?

Back
Top Bottom