• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center: Part Deuce

I just started reading the TCoD one... haha, people were nuts.. in a good way. :3

EDIT: Looking through I don't think so. Though some are much further along than others.

I just started reading the TCoD one... haha, people were nuts.. in a good way. :3

EDIT: Looking through I don't think so. Though some are much further along than others.

Some RPs didn't even start...ended before they began, how sad...

I've got an idea for a roleplay...

Ok, so there's a group of orphans that all live at an orphanage, and their life is tough. No one adopts any children from there, and the person who runs the orphanage is cold hearted and treats the children terribly. They are miserable. They could never leave. However, after one of the babies (The babies are NPCs) throws its rattle at the wall in the orphanage's playroom, the children discover that part of the wall breaks, showing a way out of the orphanage. They'll think their life will be much better when they leave, but they'll soon find out life without the bad orphanage isn't all it's cracked up to be. After roaming the streets, one of the children get kidnapped by a mysterious man. They don't know his intentions or what he will do to the child, but the kids do know that they have to save the kidnapped child, and return home to the orphanage.

OK, not my best idea for a Roleplay, but it's something...right?

Oh wow this thread exploded. What.

One of my favourite ways of passing times is rereading old RPs especially mine and then wallowing in a mix of nostalgia and horror at how badly I seemed to fail at everything.

It's true that being a GM is usually harder than simply RPing, and as a new member, even if you have years of experience - I sincerely doubt that, as it took me about three or four years to even be sort of tolerable with RP - I highly suggest checking out some of the RPs going on, and maybe joining one or two of those. Or even checking out some of the dead ones, as they make for good reading material.

Great guide, Coloursfall~

I think there are basically no completed RPs here? Someone correct me.

Oh, one of them's completed. I'd link to it, but I'm still reeling in shock as to the sudden EXPLOSION of activity here. This isn't the RP board I've come to know and love!

In all seriousness, this sudden activity outburst has motivated me to bring up the possibility of this idea:

An RP that somehow, some way, is based on the Pokè Wars series. Not really sure how, or in what way, but I think the idea has potential.

I've got an idea for a roleplay...

Ok, so there's a group of orphans that all live at an orphanage, and their life is tough. No one adopts any children from there, and the person who runs the orphanage is cold hearted and treats the children terribly. They are miserable. They could never leave. However, after one of the babies (The babies are NPCs) throws its rattle at the wall in the orphanage's playroom, the children discover that part of the wall breaks, showing a way out of the orphanage. They'll think their life will be much better when they leave, but they'll soon find out life without the bad orphanage isn't all it's cracked up to be. After roaming the streets, one of the children get kidnapped by a mysterious man. They don't know his intentions or what he will do to the child, but the kids do know that they have to save the kidnapped child, and return home to the orphanage.

OK, not my best idea for a Roleplay, but it's something...right?

Okay I just wanna say that this has potential! However, I do want to say one thing: Orphanages like that pretty much don't exist in the modern day anymore, as foster homes are more the norm. Perhaps have it be set in the past when that stuff did happen, or some kind of alternate fantasy earth?

Okay I just wanna say that this has potential! However, I do want to say one thing: Orphanages like that pretty much don't exist in the modern day anymore, as foster homes are more the norm. Perhaps have it be set in the past when that stuff did happen, or some kind of alternate fantasy earth?

Hmm, how about somewhere in the 1900's? Something like 1915?

Hmm, how about somewhere in the 1900's? Something like 1915?

That's more like it! :D

Now, are the kids just gonna be regular people? Or is there something special about them? Maybe not magic or anything, but.

(tempted to suggest animal people, hah, but it's up to you!!!)

That's more like it! :D

Now, are the kids just gonna be regular people? Or is there something special about them? Maybe not magic or anything, but.

(tempted to suggest animal people, hah, but it's up to you!!!)

If they were animal people, the terrible orphanage owner wouldn't let them in the orphanage. :P Still, the animal people idea is awesome, but the antagonist NPC wouldn't like it. :P

Hmm, they'd probably have their own unique skills, like one would be good at art, another good math, etc. Of course, this is for the people who join to decide what special trait their character has! :D

It would be cool if all the orphans had some sort of mild superhuman abilities (say, weak telekinesis or enhanced hearing, but not anything like bursting into flames)

Maybe the trauma of living at the orphanage stimulated an unused portion of the brain, causing hidden abilities to activate?

Maybe they all ate lead paint chips when they were babies, causing some mild genetic mutations?

There was a RP once with an orphanage of Pokemorphs... but it wasn't actually set in the orphanage. It was still pretty fun, though.

Thirding the suggestion of magically gifted orphans.

Also, I have an idea for an MLP roleplay. I know there's a lot of them, but..

A half-spoof about the elements of harmony, but featruring a little know, brand-new species of Pony- PokePonies. Pretty much, they're Ponies, but their special talents and appearances are based off Pokemon.

@Richie; What would the PokePonies do? Would they save Equestria, and if so, how?

Hmm, the only thing I need now is the title for the Orphanage RP...any ideas?

They would save Equestria using the elements of Harmony, but it'll take place years and years after the adventures of the Mane cast, so it's like Pokemon types.

The Orphange rp should be called "Lonely Wonders". I'm thinking that should be the name of the orphanage, too.

Also, on mine, I need help picking which Pokemon types to have be elements.

Last edited:
There was a RP once with an orphanage of Pokemorphs... but it wasn't actually set in the orphanage. It was still pretty fun, though.

Thirding the suggestion of magically gifted orphans.

(Okay, so I just sort of retreated to lurking after a few older RPs died. I guess I'll try to get active again? Or not?)

Did you mean Awakening? That was a fun one, although looking back over it I can't help but cringe at how horrible I was...

Anyway, the current set of ideas seems interesting. I'm usually not that great with titles, but maybe once it starts up I'll check it out.

I've been thinking of trying to run "The Soul Guard" again. It didn't get particularly far, but I remember it had a pretty good number of views. That's a good sign. Anyone who remembers it think I should? Last RP I tried was kind of pathetically run. I'm not good at running them, but I want to keep trying so I can get better.

I dunno, it seemed popular and like the only reason it didn't survive was me not pushing enough, and pushing the wrong details (like the map and stuff). A couple of people had undescriptive posts that didn't allow for much, either. (And the whole thing is sort of an ego thing because the whole concept minus the map and other little things is pretty much my idea.)

For people who don't know: The Soul Guard is about a group of people whose heritage can be accurately traced to various ancient tribes that used to dot the area of the country. Due to their heritage, they have exceptionally potent "guardians." Guardians exist in all things, but can usually do little other than provide the body with adrenaline. These people, the players, have intelligent, wise guardians (Who are sometimes arrogant or downright hostile to their hosts). The religion-based government found a way to isolate these genes, and issued an order throughout the entire land that samples be given from each family. A purge was ordered on those who may have carried the gene, being branded as "demons." Survivors gathered in a camp, hidden deep away in a remote location. You get to be on the first team to make a counterstrike. Goody goody.

Basically, we rampage through the country, and after a short while, our enemies have their own methods of making life difficult for us. Up to the point where we can die just as easily as any other RP. That was the shortest explanation I can give. I dunno, I'm afraid reviving it will only condemn it a second time. Because it was mostly my fault last time anyways.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom