• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center: Part Deuce

Hey, I'm a new member of the forum, just joined a couple days ago.

Had an idea for an RP, still developing it, but it's a Pokemon RP... still unsure if I want to do a Mystery Dungeon style or a trainer and pokemon style (like the main games). But what I do want to do is a crossover, something where Pokemon show up in another world and residents of that world become trainers, or the Pokemon traverse that world. For the trainers, I'm thinking something more like the relationship between Ash and Pikachu or Lucario and his trainer. Where they become friends and make bonds without needing Pokeballs, and possibly a kind of "psychic" connection, something like the "aura." If anyone wants to give some feedback and maybe suggest a world to crossover into, that would be great.

Homestuck? MLP? (Wonder what would happen when ponies meet the Ponyta and Blitzle lines)

WAIT

Percy Jackson
YEEEEEEAH

Hmm, don't know much about Homestuck, and pony-pokemon crossovers seem to be getting common here. Also, Percy Jackson? *ponders* I think I've heard of that before...

I could do an MLP crossover, I guess. Thinking something on the lines of Mystery Dungeon, where you can either play as a Pokemon or as a Pony (Might open it up to a pony and a Pokemon per person). The Pokemon accidentally find some kind of portal or something and they end up in Everfree Forest or a similar area, and the adventure starts there pretty much. I still need some time to develop on that, but if anyone would be interested...

I've been thinking about crossover RP's lately.

I think that if we want to make a crossover RP the story and scenario need to be a lot more controlled than it has been usually. Most crossover RP's has been sandbox-y but I think we'd need something like an arena activity.

In fact, that's what I've been thinking about myself, a mass-crossover RP with characters from all sorts of places in some sort of brutal game show. Would anyone be interested in that?

I think that if we want to make a crossover RP the story and scenario need to be a lot more controlled than it has been usually. Most crossover RP's has been sandbox-y but I think we'd need something like an arena activity.

In fact, that's what I've been thinking about myself, a mass-crossover RP with characters from all sorts of places in some sort of brutal game show. Would anyone be interested in that?

Oh

Hell yes
That would be fucking amazing

Would the "brutal game show" bit be a HG kinda thing, some other crossover, or would it be something you will create?

I have two ideas....really basic though

-Pokemorphs- except with Glitch Pokemon
and
-Something involving erasing/replacing memories and other mental stuf like that.

Pokemorphs would be nice. But are all of them glitches?

That was the idea. It's more of them gaining the power of the glitches though via an experiment or something), because they won't really change appearance, because it'd be difficult because most glitches are pixels.

That sounds fairly interesting... if maybe you could explain what your idea of a "brutal game show" is... would it be something like duking it out for money, like a tournament? or something more like Fear Factor?

LEGEND
(Wait for it).
(Keep waiting).
(I said wait you lazy sonofa-)
DARY!

Or, this sounds awesome and I want you to make it.
That sounds fairly interesting... if maybe you could explain what your idea of a "brutal game show" is... would it be something like duking it out for money, like a tournament? or something more like Fear Factor?

Well, not the creator and have no real clue myself, but doesn't the 'brutal' imply they're forced to fight to the death?

(Probably a bad sign when you start assuming that, but who cares it's what I think the premise is).

Okay so my minecraft rp kinda...fizzled, so I guess its not ready for use yet - but I want to know how you guys would feel about an rp taking place in a fake region? specifically, if I were to use my Kandia region and fakemon, as well as some real Pokemon. No real plot yet but I am sure I can come up with something.

Oooh, I'd be interested in a Kandia RP once you got a plot hammered out. :D

(Bonus points for grimdark because I am a sucker for that)

I'm thinking of a play-as-Pokémon RP, not exactly Mystery Dungeon-esque, and have it possibly take place in a new region and/or allow Fakemon, possibly a region that hasn't been discovered yet. I have to hammer out some details, mainly a name/layout for a new region or how an old region would be used, but I'm not thinking post-apoc or something where it would be a survival-game for the members of the RP.

Edit: A couple ideas now.

1) Takes place in Hoenn! (AMG GEN 3 NOWAI)
2) Fakemon are allowed. Could be some time into the future to allow this (new Pokes evolved in).
3) It's going to be a kind of "the Pokémon have to save the day" kind of thing.
4) I'm thinking it's actually going to revolve around Groudon and Kyogre, but in a way of maybe their connection to Gen 4 legendaries (possibly revolving around Arceus) and that "trained Pokémon" (those belonging to trainers) aren't enough to stop Groudon/Kyogre's rampage and that Arceus speaks to each character and tells them that they are the ones that can stop them. Possibly also includes finding Dialga and Palkia, who Arceus sent, to travel time/space to find things out.

Last edited:
Whoops I accidentally a story. Whelp, here's my randomness quota for yesterday.

Okay, so what I was thinking was a story taking place sometime in the future.The planet's being ravaged by wars, with the only goal in human life was to figure out better ways to kill Everyone Else and to protect themselves from dying in the meantime.
The leaders noticed that the populations were dwindling, however. They knew that they couldn't keep future generations from annihilating each other even through peace treaties- there simply weren't enough livable plots of land left. So, they had a SEEEEEEEEECRET meeting to discuss different ways of warring.
They couldn't seem to reach a conclusion, though, asides from a deathless competition every once in a while. They decided to call a ceasefire for a period of one year, after which they would rejoin with their best ideas and one to be chosen, no matter how long it took.
At this point, it was announced to the public what had taken place in this meeting, and suggestion boxes were opened for any idea that one could deem "good" for the competition. However, (and, perhaps, fortunately?) the focus on war for the last few decades had left the population with relatively little of much anything in the way of sports. People were encouraged to invent their own "sports" for the Games, as they were quickly coined, or to look to the past for such things.
One day, a person discovered a large metal crate full of toys from centuries past. They all seemed to be they same sort of toy, similar to firearms but shooting harmless rounds instead of bullets. Included with the toys were propaganda describing the function of these toys. This person saw the potential in the toys, and brought as many varieties as they could carry home.

Eleven months later, this mysterious person completed their project. They had fleshed out a game which will not be described in this very short description because, wow, look at that. This isn't very short at all.
Continuing on, this VERY ANONYMOUS PERSON submitted the complete list of rules and numerous prototypes to the government of the country in which they resided in. Needless to say, the leaders took to this like [insert metaphor here that describes how well they took it], as if it were rejected I wouldn't be writing this.

Now, ninety-four years in the future, this reinvention is the global sport, and also srs bsns, being the only thing really keeping everyone from tearing each other's throats out. It is also part of the standard equipment of the military, as this sport's equipment was deemed good enough to be used as non-lethal weaponry (albeit with some major modifications), and so The Game Behind The Game was born.

You were on the upper end of the spectrum of professionals in The Game, and so you were accepted into the secret army of your country. After months of training, you have been cleared for your first mission. What do you do?

------------------------------------

Wow, I know I had uttered the phrase "Whoops I accidentally a story" up there, but... I hadn't known that I would write so much 0_0
I bet I could put this in the Writing forum (with some more detail, and less fourth wall-smashing, of course)

But yes, this is my idea for a RP. Oh, and the inspiration for this whole thing? Nerf.

If somebody were up to it, a DND RP would be pretty cool...

I've tried D&D games at least twice before and they tended to die a fiery death but I could probably try again if people are interested :U

plus I actually have the books proper on my dropbox so

I've tried D&D games at least twice before and they tended to die a fiery death but I could probably try again if people are interested :U

plus I actually have the books proper on my dropbox so

Partly influenced due to the Fey Corgi in your image gallery. But I would enjoy it, I have made characters in the past for fun, but with no-one to actually play with they've just ended up in a roll in the corner of my desk...

Partly influenced due to the Fey Corgi in your image gallery. But I would enjoy it, I have made characters in the past for fun, but with no-one to actually play with they've just ended up in a roll in the corner of my desk...

The main problem tends to be that I am way too in love with stats when I run them whoops. Since I DM proper games regularly and all. Also that not too many people seem to be familiar with D&D from what I've seen - maybe if people who are can post or something to gauge interest?

[I have so many characters with actual sheets waah. Let's see here: one two three four five six]

D&D? I would be sooo up to it. What edition we talking?(Is sort of partial to 3.5... actually we have a lot of house rules and it ends up being more of a 3.75 because we like a little of 4.)

*has played D&D for years and is a DM for other games like Star Wars, Doctor Who, D20 modern, and Dragon Age*

Back
Top Bottom