• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center: Part Deuce

D&D? I would be sooo up to it. What edition we talking?(Is sort of partial to 3.5... actually we have a lot of house rules and it ends up being more of a 3.75 because we like a little of 4.)

*has played D&D for years and is a DM for other games like Star Wars, Doctor Who, D20 modern, and Dragon Age*

I much prefer 4e so I would mostly be pulling from that, though unless we do full stats it won't really matter as much. I use a ton of homebrew anyway, so there's also that, plus I do like some stuff in 3.5 (I own the book of erotic fantasy whoops.....), and a few of the older gods (Eilistraee) which I tend to use in my games.

(examples of my hombrew:
-Luca race
-playable Sphinx/Fae Dragon
-New Goddess (Emiline))

I much prefer 4e so I would mostly be pulling from that, though unless we do full stats it won't really matter as much. I use a ton of homebrew anyway, so there's also that, plus I do like some stuff in 3.5 (I own the book of erotic fantasy whoops.....), and a few of the older gods (Eilistraee) which I tend to use in my games.

(examples of my hombrew:
-Luca race
-playable Sphinx/Fae Dragon
-New Goddess (Emiline))

Sounds interesting, I've always loved homebrew stuffs. Plus more homebrew and less MOUNTED COMBAT MECHANICS might work better for a forum RP.

Fucking mounted combat mechanics...

... Wait... what book? :P

Sounds interesting, I've always loved homebrew stuffs. Plus more homebrew and less MOUNTED COMBAT MECHANICS might work better for a forum RP.

Fucking mounted combat mechanics...

... Wait... what book? :P

oh god mounted combat. i remember when we played 3.5 and the paladin INSISTED on buying a horse with the party funds which he couldn't use anyway because the game took place inside and the ceilings got aggressively shorter every time he tried to use it cause the DM hated the mechanics....

...uuuuh no book what are you talking about I don't see mention of any... books...

BUT ANYWAY YEAH I have some plots I can put to good use for this!

If there is a D&D thing that happens, will players be allowed to be TOTAL NEWBIES?

I'd be willing to help you along the way. The basics are pretty simple once you get used to them.

Mounted combat is sooo annoying.

Except dire lions.

I <3 dire lions.

HAVE YOU SEEN THE DAMAGE?! lol.

I had a dire lion that turned a bunch of bandits into beef stroganoff.

I'd be willing to help you along the way. The basics are pretty simple once you get used to them.

The odd thing is that I obsessively consume the media related to Dungeons and Dragons, i.e. podcasts, webcomics, independent films, buuuut I've never played or known anybody who does!

The odd thing is that I obsessively consume the media related to Dungeons and Dragons, i.e. podcasts, webcomics, independent films, buuuut I've never played or known anybody who does!

:C hey you know me!

Also: for a D&D RP, would people prefer 1. no stats 2. stats or 3. minimal stats? I would also be willing to run a proper D&D game as well, probably via a chatroom or forum.

(also anyone interested in learning D&D4e proper who has/is able to get Dropbox, shoot me a PM, I have some stuff for you!)

Minimal stats could work. Just the most basic stats. I'd be in for a real game, like through Skype or something like that.

And Blastoise, you know me too. :P

With all this D and D thing that's happening, I've always wanted to do something similar, but there's literally no one in this country that I've encountered that won't beat someone who has any interest in D and D to death.

So yeah, count me in. Should be fun. And minimal stats, I think, would be best.

I am a D&D nubcake, but I'd be greatly interested in learning and possibly joining a D&D RP. I used one of those 4e character Generator pages to make a 10th level Lupin Fighter, but I haven't played yet and I don't know how things work beyond making a character (which I'm not sure I understood completely either).

@Colours, would you start us from level 1, or mid-level? One will probably be best for the people newer to the game.

^ Yeah but as level one you can get killed by a cat. I've seen it happen.

It was a big cat.

... ...

Shut up.

@Colours, would you start us from level 1, or mid-level? One will probably be best for the people newer to the game.

Despite my INTENSE BURNING HATE of level 1 games (seriously I usually have mine start at level 5 at least), that's probably for the best, if we use level at all. I'll have to figure out what stats exactly to use still.

level 1 games are so boring tho

nothing but rats and skeles

and sometimes tiny drakes

boringgggg

Back
Top Bottom