• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that'll work. I'll get it up now...

Edit: Call me crazy, but today I got the urge for a RP that takes place in a rather cold world. I have the setting(-ish), now I need a premise.

Depends; is this a pokemon-based RP? If not, there is this one idea that's been brewing in my head for a few days, but I've been too occupied with Underworld lately to make anything else. Maybe you can make something out of this.

"Imagine, if you will, a world consumed by eternal winter; the ground is covered in a thick coat of snow, the deepest of lakes are frozen solid, and the icy air threatens to bite off your toes at any given moment. No one remembers when or why the haze of clouds choking the sky first appeared, blocking out the much-needed rays of heat from the sun. Much of the technology used on planets such as Earth have yet to be developed, and many of the inhabitants have turned to the primitive arts of magic in order to survive. The animals of the frozen wilderness have long since adapted to the climate, but some have managed to take it a step further, becoming creatures that are now able to live alongside humans.

Although the people of this world are able to live in some degree of prosperity, such peace can only last for so long. As of late, researchers have discovered that the temperature has been steadily decreasing, and eventually it will be far too cold to grow crops, let alone for people to live. Monstrous creatures wander the wastelands, thriving on the freezing atmosphere and the flesh of anything unfortunate enough to come across them. But perhaps there is hope; an oracle tells a prophecy, how a being of fire will journey to the ends of the world, to complete a ritual that will summon the spirits of spring to save this boundless tundra."

Actually, I did envision it as Pokemon-based.

But since your ideas remind me of Ice Age block in Magic the Gathering, I'll see. Been trying to limit myself recently, though. :p

Both ideas sound good. If I can be a seal or something for Leviathan's idea, I'd join that. As for link008's, I'd join that too. :D

I need a plot idea that somehow involves a a Shadow Lugia, Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos...

What am I doing with the plot? You'll see.;D

I'm definitely joining something that has to do with legendaries, especially if you get to be one. How about they are fighting over land, and we're supposed to stop them or something? Just a normal idea. I bet you could think of something better, Shadowstar ;)

Shadowstar: Well, we all know that in Pokemon 2000 Lugia had fought against the legendary birds to restore elemental balance to the world. So maybe someone turns Lugia into a shadow pokemon so that it would create a disturbance among the birds again, effectively destroying the world. The rest...eh, that's your call.

(Good god, I'm just getting more and more socially active, aren't I?)

Shadowstar: Well, we all know that in Pokemon 2000 Lugia had fought against the legendary birds to restore elemental balance to the world. So maybe someone turns Lugia into a shadow pokemon so that it would create a disturbance among the birds again, effectively destroying the world. The rest...eh, that's your call.

(Good god, I'm just getting more and more socially active, aren't I?)

I could dwell off of that a little. Thanks!

I've been thinking of making a PMD2 RP using the Seven Treasures at important plot points. Is anyone interested?

I've been considering a Warhammer based RP (Probably involving Vampires/Deamons/Lizards), but I'm short of a plot. Also I don't have a clue if there'd be any intrest.

(If you have no idea what Warhammer is type either it or Games Workshop into Google/Yahoo/Whatever you use)

Warhammer! =D

I only possess ancient copies of rules and most of the manuals and such, so you'll have to update me, but I'd gladly join.

Well, I can't help you with the plot too much there. Although one might think there are lots of possibilities, so... keep thinking. :P

Anybody here play Magic the Gathering? You know, that crazy fantasy card game? That is as much loved as it is hated? *expects a bunch of raised hands*

OK, how many here are actually into the fantasy flavor, backdrops, and stories behind it all? How many here love reading the novels? And such? *expects a good bit of above raised hands to drop*

Anyone interested in a RP based in a Magic setting?

I've been considering a Warhammer based RP (Probably involving Vampires/Deamons/Lizards), but I'm short of a plot. Also I don't have a clue if there'd be any intrest.

(If you have no idea what Warhammer is type either it or Games Workshop into Google/Yahoo/Whatever you use)

Oh cool can I be a Tyranid-

Oh wait you don't mean 40K do you. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom