• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ambipom - We'll probably just keep going until it dies, I guess.

I'll edit this post in a minute with the OOC post, so watch this space.

EDIT: Finished. It might take up a bit of space. Please tell me what you think of it.

Nisdharil

Welcome to the land of Nisdharil, a fabulous place of magic, monsters and mystery, a place where your very dreams are real – and your nightmares, too.

Nisdharil is inhabited by thousands upon millions of different races, and you are a member of one of the more intelligent species, which are as follows:

Humans – Rural, bipedal creatures with a relatively high sentience. They have learned how to make and operate simple machinery, but their main strength is a mixture of physical assault and defence. Certain humans can harness Magic.
Primary language: Nisdhata

Elves – Similar to Humans but taller and, in general, more good-looking, Elves are powerful Magic-users, focusing on nature-affecting Magic and inhabiting more remote locations such as forests and mountains. As well as their magical abilities, Elves are good when it comes to stealth.
Primary language: Old Nisdhata, but the vast majority of Elves are fluent in modern Nisdhata too.

Pixies –Creatures which look similar to Elves, albeit about ten times smaller, winged and surrounded in brightly coloured magical auras, Pixies are one of the oldest sentient races in Nisdharil and the most learned in the magical arts. They use their arcane abilities to hide and protect themselves from other sentient creatures, mostly out of the prejudice that they are too mundane for the Pixies, however they will sometimes aid Humans and Elves.
Primary language: Ancient Nisdhata, but they can use Magic to alter their speech to sound like Old or Modern Nisdhata if the need arises.

Dragons – Colossal winged lizards, Dragons are much cleverer than they appear. They live deep in caves where they eat hot rocks to ‘feed’ a special gland in their throats which allows them to expel flames from their mouths and nostrils. Among humans, Dragons are seen as terrible beasts, and are either attacked or fled from.
Primary language: Drak, but their highly-tuned ears allow them to understand (Or at least get the general gist of) what other races are saying by listening to the speed and tone of their voice.

Phoenixes – The first creatures ever to exist, Phoenixes are immortal and as such do not reproduce (Every Phoenix has lived forever and will continue doing so, so why should they need children?). They do not use Magic, but their beautiful calls and serene movements are considered a Magic of their own kind. After a century, a Phoenix will burst into flames and combust, but from its ashes it will be re-born.
Primary language: Phoenixes ‘communicate’ with each other via their musical calls, but can telepathically converse with anyone or anything they wish to talk to.

Trolls – Huge, lumbering giants, trolls are (barely) considered sentient solely due to their ability to craft and harness tools such as clubs and simple blades. They are frequently trained by goblins for use in their armies.
Primary language: Trolls converse with each other by grunting and wildly waving their arms around. Or so it seems. How can anyone be sure, really?

Goblins – The original goblins were merely elves that had turned evil, but eventually they developed to become their own species. They look identical to elves, except every trace of beauty has gone, replaced by angry ugliness. Some goblins can use evil Magic, but mostly rely on brute force.
Primary language: Grey Nisdhata, a harsher-sounding, simpler form of Modern Nishdata

Spirits – These are not really a race, but more the magical embodiment of certain things. The types of spirit are Plant, Rock, Water, Sky, Life and Movement. They have almost complete control over their ‘element’.
Primary language: They can take the form of almost any race and speak in its relative tongue.

~

Terminology:

The names of races (Humans, Elves, Dragons and so on) must always be capitalised, as should Magic (but only the noun; the adjectives magical and magic are to be left in lowercase).

Even though every race has its own language, you should type their thoughts in English, for obvious reasons, and the same goes for their speech, though if you feel the need to do so, state they are speaking in the respective language.

The leaders of races have specific names:

Humans – King
Elves – High-Elder
Pixies – Wisest One
Dragons – Emperor
Trolls – Gurrz
Goblins – Sinister
(Phoenixes and Spirits do not have leaders)

Nisdharil, in case you were wondering, is pronounced ‘Nizz-DHA-reel’ (‘Dh’ is the ‘Th’ in ‘Them’)

~

Rules:

1: As with most RPs, please do not God-mode g (Even if your character does have magical abilities), or create Mary-Sue characters.
2: There will be violence, but nothing too graphic. We’d rather not have an organ-by-organ account of how your r Troll ripped apart a Human baby.
3: Don’t control a character that isn’t yours, unless it is a minor NPC (Minor as in not plot-affecting, so NPC relatives and friends of e your character are fine whereas, say, the Sinister of Goblins is not).
4: As proof you have read these rules, please include the word formed by stringing together the small-fonted letters e from each rule in your form (Don’t put it in an obvious place or bold it or anything; that way it won’t be obvious to someone who reads your form but not the rules)
5: This sort of ties in with rule 3, but you may only n have one character.

Please enjoy yourself!

~

Map of Nisdharil

Labelled map

The red-labelled area is known as Mideran, and is mostly inhabited by dragons. Humans tend to try to avoid this continent, but a few brave settlers created small villages in the more secluded parts. It is a harsh wasteland, phasing between rocky mountains and boiling deserts. Some of the higher mountains have snow-caps, where the rare Ice Dragons are said to live.

The yellow-labelled area is Gjashdil, and is the home of the Goblins. Similar to Mideran, Gjashdil is mountainous and almost inhospitable, dotted with the tribal camps of goblins. Atop the highest mountain (The snowy area at the far south of the island) is Fort Kazros, where Sinister Hak, the current leader of the Goblins, rules from.

The two purple-labelled islands are Monari (west) and Banari (east), which are the homes of Humans and Elves. Monari is mostly pleasant, hilly countryside, dotted with rural Human villages, whereas Banari is mostly a huge, dormant volcano. It is unknown where the ruler of the Elves, High-Elder Draxysa, resides, but the King of Humans, Leion, rules from a castle close to Banari’s peak.

The blue-encompassed areas are the North Pole (Vurtox) and the South pole (Noktarf). These two dangerous continents are where Trolls roam. It is mostly snow and ice, with not much in-between.

The tiny, fog-shrouded island labelled in green is Yuldamita. It is the subject of many myths and legends, most involving Gods and Demons, but little is known about it as every traveller than sails there is never seen again.

The other races (Pixies, Phoenixes and Spirits) can be found all over the world.

~

Please sign-up using this form:
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]

Username: Should be obvious.
Character Name: Your character's full name.
Race: What race is your character?
Age: How long (In years) has your character lived for? Not applicable for Phoenixes or Spirits.

Appearance: What does your character looks like? Please go into detail ad keep in mind this is set in something equivalent to medieval times; you wouldn't see anyone walking around with a huge pink mohawk, a hoody and far-too-big jeans.
Personality: Your character's likes, dislikes, habits and so on. This can be Played Out.
History: Just some background information. Again, Phoenixes and Spirits need not fill this in, but you can anyway if you want to.

Last edited:
Of course. Before I joined TCoD, I did many RPs similar to this one on another forum. I have expirience in that area, and I enjoy it

Wow. I feel... loved?

I'll put up the OOC thread tomorrow (It's almost midnight, so I'd better get to sleep), and then I'll sort out the first chapter. I have three ideas, but I don't know which one to choose for the first...

How about a PMD RP reversed, where the Pokemon turn into humans?

Came up with that idea. But it's okay to use. I also came up with an idea kinda sorta similar...i guess i'll write a mini-plot:

You are a trainer's Pokemon. One day, you and your trainer get into a fight. You storm off and see a bright star. You wish that you could rule them and not be so lowly. You then fall asleep. You wake up next morning to the calling of your "mom" telling you to get up because it's time for your Trainermon journey.

When I was writing that, I also came up with another idea. The Pokemon and trainer switch places.

I was also thinking about a Pokemon Puzzle League based RP.

EDIT ZC.....cooooool. I'd join.

How was I supposed to know that?

Anyway guys the RP is postponed because I have to go out to dinner with my family.

Nonono, it's fine. It is a sorta common idea. But your plot is way different. So....I'LL JOIN!

What do you guys think of my idea? I'd do the Puzzle League one, but how would the battles work out?

I though it would be better if the Pokemon couldn't relate to much, barely anything. In PMD it's a region with only Pokemon, so wouldn't we use a region with only people?

What about other animals? People is only one species, and Pokemon is more varied than that. I don't think Pokemon should become animals, though, with the communication problems and all.

I've been toying with the idea of Pokemon magical girls--eg. a team of girls (or boys and girls) receive the power of Pokemon to do battle with one of the "evil" Pokemon (Darkrai, maybe?)

I've been toying with the idea of Pokemon magical girls--eg. a team of girls (or boys and girls) receive the power of Pokemon to do battle with one of the "evil" Pokemon (Darkrai, maybe?)

Keeping it girls only would work better for the whole dynamic.

Either way, I'm intrigued now.

I need new ideas for a Digimon RP.

I have one possible idea where there is a war in the Digital World, between good and evil.

Eight teens have been chosen on each side. And each one is given a Digimon partner, a Digivice, and one of sixteen crests [Good: Light, Courage, Hope, Friendship, Love, Reliability, Sincerity, and Knowledge], [Evil: Darkness, Pride, Wrath, Envy, Gluttony, Sloth, Lust, Greed]. I can't think of anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom