• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

Make it make it! :D

OK, really now, I've been waiting for some time now, so yes, it works, some parts of a plot is a bit unoriginal but that is completely fine, you can't make original RP's all the time.

ANOTHER SCREWY IDEA TIME!
A bunch of trainers living in a certain town where Darkrai is said to live near suddenly are unable to sleep for days or even weeks, or, if they can, they have horrible nightmares. They all blame him/her and attack, hoping to end it before they all die, but Darkrai is actually innocent. So, some people (Or wild Pokemon?) have to defend him against the trainers, or.. something happens. Then they have to figure out who's really doing it? I don't know. This is just a random idea and not very well thought-out at all.

Slightly mafia-like plot? Awesome :D

*trips* Oh lookie here

So um... am I just missing all the RPs that are just straight-up Pokemon? Not anthromorphic Pokemon, or some rule that's like "cats n dogs onry!!"? I think we need more something like that.

There was an RP on the old forums that never got very far, but I remember being really psyched up about it. It was set in the prehistoric times of Pokemon, back when Kabuto and Anorith and stuff like that weren't just fossils. It was made back when Shieldon, Bastiodon, Cranidos and Rampardos were brand new and still only known by their Japanese names. The idea was things would eat and be eaten, a whole survival of the fittest thing, I suppose until we got down to the surviving species and the ones that became fossils. (I dunno, I think that was the idea, we could use huuuge time lapses :B After so many days/weeks a new era could begin, and based on how people of x species performed, they could continue playing that species or choose a new one because they went "extinct" or evolved significantly) And of course several people could play the same species, they could form packs and herds.
It seemed pretty cool but people stopped posting out of nowhere and it just died like that. I think it'd be great to resurrect (pun? idk) and maybe make some interesting fakemon for. Prehistoric versions of real Pokemon, Pokemon versions of real dinosaurs, whatever.

Last edited:
Sounds good haha I'd join what a surprise possibly making a new character every week or so is a nice idea. Problem is when you say 'several people' there won't be several people :x

Uh, usually there's not many people or a lot, and a lot is like.. twenty people who slowly all drop out except for a few dedicated people, which would be like four or five.

Sounds good haha I'd join what a surprise possibly making a new character every week or so is a nice idea. Problem is when you say 'several people' there won't be several people :x

Uh, usually there's not many people or a lot, and a lot is like.. twenty people who slowly all drop out except for a few dedicated people, which would be like four or five.

Yeah, that's true... :/ I'm trying to make a few premade species right now in case that wold help the situation some. Maybe people could control several so it's not as big of a deal if there's only three or four people playing.
That's like the only RP I (tried to, anyway) join at the old forums, haven't joined any here, so I dunno much about how many people I'm to expect and those sorts of things. The social part, I guess you could say?

Oh hey does anyone remember those sandbox RPs where we just made a character and either killed things or whatever? I'm looking at you, Male Gardevoir Uh, it'd be cool to have something like that again, with just a basic plot that barely advances. So we could just kill things.

So um... am I just missing all the RPs that are just straight-up Pokemon? Not anthromorphic Pokemon, or some rule that's like "cats n dogs onry!!"? I think we need more something like that.

Oh hey does anyone remember those sandbox RPs where we just made a character and either killed things or whatever? I'm looking at you, Male Gardevoir Uh, it'd be cool to have something like that again, with just a basic plot that barely advances. So we could just kill things.

*nudge* Would anyone join an RP like these, just for the sake of RPing?

Okay, I'mma think this through more, and hopefully get it up.. soon. >_< FFffft, I'll be gone for a week so it probably won't start until next week anyways *flail*

What, me?
I don't remember making a RP like that.

Either way, would anyone like a Megaman RP?

The only person who killed in that RP was my character of Rose.

Now for a stupid idea courtesy of moi.

---------

The world of Toniac used to be a wonderful place. Toons, humanlike and animals, American-made or otherwise, lived together in harmony. That is....before the throne of Toniac was usurped. The King and Queen, Mickey and Minnie, and all their heirs were locked away.

The new king's first order of business was to eliminate all of the humanlike toons. He did it without fail, so the animals would have to listen to him, who was an animal as well.

The king soon grew bored, all he wanted was the power. Thievery and other felonies grew rampant. Regular toon animals (Like ones that don't talk and/or express human behavior), like crows and dogs, became violent and Mystery Dungeons have been popping up everywhere.

Where do you fit into this? You are a human transformed into a cartoon animal. You must free the previous royalty and their heirs and stop the king. But you'll have to get through numerous stopping of crimes and mystery dungeons before you get to that point.

------

That's my summary...yeah. I don't wanna call it Cartoon Mystery Dungeon though. Any cartoon or anime is fair game. Even those based off of games and such.

I WILL JOIN, DAMMIT, BUT YOU HAVE TO CALL IT CARTOON MYSTERY DUNGEON AND POST LONGER POSTS [/shiftkey]

Coming back idea... Not fully formed yet but -shrug-

The date is december 23rd, 2012... Exactly one day after the world was predicted to end... It would seem that once again ancient prophocies haven't come true... But what we don't know is that it was just the time that it would all be set in motion... In the centre of the city of great falls, montana, there is a storm brewing... A storm that threatens to destroy the whole world... Can you and your friends stop it before it's too late...?

Ay... It's all ive got for the moment... Is it good...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom