• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume she's either forgotten or her friend hasn't yet linked it. We might as well ask, in case she did forget.

Still, I'd like more than one public vote on which RP to use, because I think both ideas are indeed worth playing.

Well then why don't we just have the both of them?

'Cause I thought they both were good ideas, too.

Two little ideas:

Anyone here play Magic: the Gathering? Anyone here a flavor buff? Anyone remember the story of Kamigawa block?

Well, the premise was that Kamigawa (a world influenced by the Sengoku Jidai [Warring States or Feudal era of Japan] and Japanese mythology) is a plane with two sides, a material world and a spiritual world. Something goes wrong, however, and the kami (spirits of the world in the Shinto faith) begin attacking the mortal world.

I was thinking of a somewhat modified version of that for Pokemon. Just have to fill in the details and I think we may have something.

---

Second idea is something a little (or maybe a lot) more tried, a good old fighting tournament between various video game characters. This time, though, I'd like it to be more like Capcom's Vs. series, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Capcom vs. SNK, and such rather than Super Smash Bros. Maybe even have tag teams. Anyone up for this?

One hundred and eight million years ago, a battle was fought, the single battle that destined the fate of all pokemon for millions of years to come. Arceus, the creator of the Light, and Giratina, the ruler of the Darkness, could not decide on who should be the ruler of the New World. Arceus argued that he should, for he is all that is just and right; he is the supreme being of the Light, the goodness of the world. Giratina replied that he is the one who should, as he created the safety of the darkness and a time when creatures could rest; he was the lord of the Darkness, the time when everyone could find peace and solitude when they want to. The battle waged over the land and the sea and through all the dimensions. At first, Giratina was winning. His Army of the Night, lead by the seven loyal Lords of Darkness, fought alongside him, stretching darkness across the lands. Yet Arceus wasn't about to give up. He called upon his creations, the Creatures of the Light, and urged them forth. Slowly but steadily, Giratina's Army lost ground, for their numbers were too small, and no matter how diligently they fought, they could not push back the wave of Light. Finally, Arceus managed to deal a critical strike to Giratina, and the Lord of Darkness fell. Tired and injured, Giratina could do nothing as Arceus called upon his army and sealed him inside another dimension. However, before his strength could give out, Giratina hissed one last prophecy:

On the one hundred and eighth night, the God of the Night will eat the Red Moon, and Darkness will rise again.

With that, the war was over and Light covered the lands. To prevent Giratina from coming back to power, Arceus destroyed the seven Lords of Darkness and sealed their undying spirit inside stones, then scattered them all over the world. Around every stone, he placed several Creatures of Light to guard the stones. Then, to secure his power, he cursed the creatures in the Army of Darkness, making them weak and powerless in the Light, and branded them with Fear, Hatred, Despair, Greed, and all that is Bad in the world so his creatures of Light would know them and shun them. Yet, tired from the battle, he was not powerful enough to destroy Darkness completely, and thus gentle Night still stayed, and the Army of Darkness could roam freely in the Night.

And there they waited for one hundred and eight million years. One hundred and eight million years of hiding, running, scraping food and barely getting by. One hundred and eight million years of pain. One hundred and eight million years of hoping, waiting, for that single sign.

And now the time has come.

As the eclipse slowly eats away at the red moon, it was time to rise up again, to defeat Arceus, who had unjustly punished our kind. It was time to revive the seven Lords of Darkness and spread darkness across the land. It was time to reclaim what Arceus had taken away from us, to reclaim what was rightfully ours. It will be a perilous battle, for everyone will be against us, brainwashed by millenniums of Arceus's rule ... but will you join us?

Something like this. Anyone interested? Basic plot would be: find a stone, fight the pokemon guarding the stone, revive the stone, repeat for seven times, then revive Giratina. The only pokemon allowed would be Ghost, Dark, and Poison types, and a few others (heavy emphasis on few) if they have a good enough reason for it. This is set in some AU where humans don't exist, so no extinct pokemon or virtual ones.

I'm going to need someone to help me come up with some good plot twists and mod, as well as come up with a title.

First time coming up with an RP idea. Whoo~

I like it Linoone. I'll help you with plot and modding if you want. As for atitle.... I'd have to think about it for a bit. Maybe you and I could brainstorm?

Yeah~ Thanks for your help, Chaon! I don't really want to post the details to the public (because that would ruin whatever surprises we come up), so do you mind if we do this over PM?

I like Linoone's idea; I would most likely join it. It looks like an idea where we're all antagonists, which is new to me. (But it's also hypothetical since technically, on our side, we're the heroes of the story. XD) It's good timing as well, since recently, I've liked the Poison type especially.

Too bad I don't have enough ideas to come up with my own RP. xD

I like Linoone's idea too!

I'd like to help you with it, since it sounds quite good.

*Plans a name for his Dusknoir once the thread will be up*

Last edited:
Something like this. Anyone interested? Basic plot would be: find a stone, fight the pokemon guarding the stone, revive the stone, repeat for seven times, then revive Giratina. The only pokemon allowed would be Ghost, Dark, and Poison types, and a few others (heavy emphasis on few) if they have a good enough reason for it. This is set in some AU where humans don't exist, so no extinct pokemon or virtual ones.

I'm going to need someone to help me come up with some good plot twists and mod, as well as come up with a title.

First time coming up with an RP idea. Whoo~

I'm really interested. Go for it!~

First post on the Idea Center as of 2010, ain't that nifty.

I have an non-Pokémon idea for once, even if it's a pretty simple one.

The RP takes place in a dream world, which can only be entered by those who fall into a coma. Once there they must find a way out or their real body will be in coma until it's heart stop, but if they die in the dream world they die for real.

Intersting anyone?

I recently got a new idea for an RPG, somewhat inspired by The Aijou Glitch, but quite different.

The premise is based upon the idea of where Pokemon go when they are inside their PokeBalls. The idea is that they go to various islands depending on which kind of PokeBall they were captured in, implying that PokeBalls are merely a sort of teleportation device.

The RP revolves around a group of Pokemon wanting to get rid of the human control of Pokemon through PokeBalls, and in order to do this they need to break the connection between the PokeBalls and the designated area they send the Pokemon to. I've got a lot more ideas, but I'm too tired to write them out.

BUT HERE'S THE PROBLEM.

Anyone who has been in / seen / heard of knows that I can't run an RP for my life, so I'd need someone to collaborate and co-run the RP with, so if anyone is interested, that would be great.

Wooo my roleplay inspired something~ (haha I forgot that existed)

I wouldn't mind helping :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom