• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would join Bakuphoon's, but I don't like aliens much, so I can't help you expand on that, Blaziking. Sorry.

Bakuphoon: Maybe I'd look into it, I might be a part of a few too many right now.

Blaziking 175: I was excited until you said Pokemon. <_<;;

*ahem* Anyway, so, are we the human nations' armies working to fight off the shadow beings? And/or the shadowy beings? I can't think of anything more specific.

Well now all you need is to complete the setting and flesh out the plot.

I am slightly inspired by one of Harry Turtledove's series of novels, wherein reptilian aliens, known simply as the Race or the Lizards in derogatory terms, invade Earth during World War II.

Oh my gosh, brilliant idea, the world is in the middle of World War III and the aliens invade, causing us all to have to join together and learn the true meaning of friendship!

Er, never mind.

World War II. ;) The nations of Earth banded together, but are still suspicious of each other. That's how Turtledove played it out.

Besides the point, I am otherwise out of ideas.

:0 OMG if someone were to make a Hellboy RP I'd love them for all eternity.

In fact... *runs to MSN to plot with moony*

It seems as if I've formulated a plot! Let's see (oh yes, this is Pokemon):

In ancient times, there was said to be a very powerful human named Atnura. Atnura was a very unique human, she had special powers which were said to be unrivaled by anyone, including humans or Pokemon. Some called her a goddess.

Legend has it that she and Arceus created the universe together. And the two of them kept it in balance. Arceus created the Pokemon and Atnura created the humans. The two of them gave their creations life and sustain their life. And their creations lived together, alongside each other.

...Until now. Recently, there has been a large string of human deaths, caused by an illness called Arrestment. When someone is afflicted with Arrestment, their body slowly begins to degenerate, little by little a paralysis spreads throughout them until they are unable to move completely. And they eventually die of asphyxiation or cardiac arrest, due to them being unable to get oxygen into their bodies.

Scientists have been baffled by this strange phenomina. They have worked hard to devise a cure and have failed. But there is one thing they know: Arrestment is not contagious, it cannot spread. It simply appears randomly in individuals.

According to the myth of Atnura, it was predicted that one day the Pokemon Darkrai would slay the goddess. Without the goddess, humans would merely just stop moving, all the life within them would merely disappear.

It seemed that there was no hope in the world, human populations were decreasing steadily....

Until one girl was born, a most interesting girl named Arkra in the scientist's eyes. She displayed bizarre powers, powers which she seemed to have little control over. The scientists kept a watchful eye on her and it seemed as if she had an immunity to Arrestment. Not once did a sign of it afflict her. Hope was restored again, if this girl was immune, then maybe that could figure out what made her immune.

The scientists tried everything to make a vaccine. They tried inserting the girl's genes into people to see if they were immune, but to no avail. However, these people seemed to gain a small portion of her mysterious powers.

They were running out of options... According to the myth, a mysterious girl would be born, one who held a fraction of Atnura's powers. This girl was supposed to be Atnura's reincarnate. To restore Atnura's life, the girl would have to find the five Atnurain Shrines, mystical temples whose existance is rumored not to exist. Supposedly, there was a temple in each region. (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh) With each temple she went to, she would slowly gain the full powers of the goddess. And the fifth temple would be Atnura's final resting place, located in the Realm of Beginning. However, the girl's mission would come at a price. In the Realm of Beginning, she would have to sacrifice her life to become Atnura.

With nowhere else to turn, the scientists reluctantly agreed that the myth was their final shot. According to legend, the Shrines would only show themselves to those who had strong connections to the goddess. In the ancient texts, they found a map to four of the shrines. And so, they sent her on a mission. A mission to find the five shrines. However, they knew that the task would be too difficult for her alone, so they sent the others who they had spliced with her genes, the ones who held part of her power, to protect and defend her.

You play as one of these people who must protect and defend Arkra, they're called the Arkra Guardians. Arkra Guardians must use their powers and their Pokemon (because Arkra Guardians are also Pokemon trainers) to defend her.

Wow, that was long. And to think I just made it all up on the spot! What do you guys think, should I make it?

I have some ideas:
Something related to Pokemon Channel
Something that has to do with those fake Pokegods.
Or fake cheats.

I never watched it.

Now...for plots;

Pokemon Channel:
A human (Not played by me, one of you can play it0 gets a Magnemite delivery. A couple wild Pokemon see the delivery of your PCTV (A name I came up with: Pokemon Channel TV) and chase after it. You approach the door and it opens and you all run inside. It's Free-form on what happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom